Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petition against Intrest hikes.

Options
  • 27-07-2009 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭

If you feel strongly against Intrest rate hikes,here is a site for you to vent your anger and protest:mad:.

www.irishpeopleunion.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 markhboyd

Yes Holly - well done on starting this one on Boards.ie. I heard about it the other day on G Ryan show. Its a great cause - I have just registered. If we get a good crowd on board WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Lads + Ladies - get the finger out

www.irishpeopleunion.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

I'm scratching my head at this one. 'pure greed'?, the banks are hemorrhaging money so it only seems logical to look for more from their customers.

Instead of an online moanition you'd be better off taking your business elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭onq

Bluehair wrote: »
    I'm scratching my head at this one. 'pure greed'?, the banks are hemorrhaging money so it only seems logical to look for more from their customers.

Instead of an online moanition you'd be better off taking your business elsewhere.

Name me another business where organizations which have traded in what can best be described as a reckless manner can turn around and screw their existing customers for more money.

It is precisely to avoid scenarios like this latest scam that I advocated on askaboutmoney that we scrap the banks and lending institutions, take their deposits into a goverment Good Bank and let those that got us into this mess swing.

And BTW, nobody is pointing the finger at the people who got rich from all this.
    Oh no, the cute hoors did well, lets not include them as prt of the probelsm.

Follow the money and lets see who "won" from all of this.
    I don't see them as part of the solution.
    It cannot just have disappeared.

ONQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭sam22

good man onq. i think we deserve to know where all the money has gone after all it is not so long ago the banks were posting profits of MILLIONS OF EURO per year, perhaps we have magicians working in the banks and they made it dissappear:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

This thread gave me a good laugh. :D
    The place was sold down the river and most people don't seem to care much. The county councils alone are 5 billion in debt. This is what the 1000euro property tax (due in December budget) is for. A way to get 1000euro off all home owners to help pay for the councils reckless behaviour. Same with the bank guarantee scheme funding by your taxes. Zzzzz People will vote the same parties in next election. In fact maybe a major tax hike in December (like another 10% of your monthly net) might take us to a tipping point where people feel bothered enough to take action. The Irish are a passive lot. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

This topic doesn't really fall into the category of what this board is for:
    What this board is for:

This board is for people who want to know more about Banking, Insurance and Pensions products/providers. Any topics posted here should relate to these topics.
    (taken from the Charter)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement