Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silent water pressure booster

Options
  • 27-07-2009 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

Is there such a device? I have a noisy one in my apartment which is used any time water is used in apartment.

Any advise on a replacement?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Stratocaster

STaN wrote: »
    Is there such a device? I have a noisy one in my apartment which is used any time water is used in apartment.

Any advise on a replacement?

Depends on the make, some of the cheaper plastic ones can be noisy, ones made of brass or stainless silver tend to be less noisy. Its not that they are "noisy". They are generally silent during use. The noise is the vibrations caused and depending on where the pump is installed that is the key to the cause of the noise.

Before considering replacement have a look to see how you can reduce the vibration. You might be able to slip some rubber, foam or cork matting under the pump, if its sitting on a wooden floor the vibrations can be come noisy. Experiment with different methods to reduce the vibrations.

Be carefully not to put too much strain on fittings connected to the pump while lifting it up, moving it around etc. Ideally you should turn off the pumps power and isolate the incoming water supply's to the pump.

Advertisement