Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overdrafts

Options
  • 27-07-2009 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi, I am in desperate need of getting an overdraft. I am currently with AIB at the moment but I cant get a loan/Overdraft with them because I currently have a loan from them that cancelled out my previous overdraft.

Can anyone give me advice for an easy solution to getting an overdraft?

Credit Union - I have never put money into my credit Union and Im not sure if I even have an account open with them - If I went down and asked for a loan off them will the just tell me a straight NO?

Bank Of Ireland - I have a bank of Ireland account but I have never deposited money into it - If I asked for an overdraft from them would they just tell me NO and go away?

Anyone any solutions to getting a QUICK overdraft?

Thanks a mil in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Are Rabo still doing their Credit Account? Would they be worth a try?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭footballcrazy

What would be my chances of getting a loan from the credit union considering I would only be setting up an account with them on the day?

Im guessing they would definatly say no but what do other people think?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Rabo don't offer the credit account at the moment.

Credit Unions are unlikely to give you a loan when you haven't built up some record of savings with them. From the information you've given, you're unlikely to getting an overdraft - though if you're borrowing from Peter to pay Paul it might not be the ideal solution anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭footballcrazy

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Rabo don't offer the credit account at the moment.

Credit Unions are unlikely to give you a loan when you haven't built up some record of savings with them. From the information you've given, you're unlikely to getting an overdraft - though if you're borrowing from Peter to pay Paul it might not be the ideal solution anyway.

Nah nothing like that. Lol! Was gonna head down to the Galway races so need a quick overdraft bout 500 euro or so. Obviously I wouldnt say its for that :)

Dont think Ill be going so :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Overdrafts suck especially when you hav to pay them back wit intrest i got a €100 overdraft few wks back & was charged a €10 penalty who do i complain to ?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

SIX PACK wrote: »
    Overdrafts suck especially when you hav to pay them back wit intrest i got a €100 overdraft few wks back & was charged a €10 penalty who do i complain to ?

Sounds to me like you didn't actually get an overdraft, rather just let your account go overdrawn without permission. You can't complain to anyone, the onus is on the customer to ensure they have sufficient funds to meet their commitments. Details of the penalties associated with unauthorised overdrafts can be found in the terms and conditions of your account, in most cases.

Advertisement