If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 42PFL7404H/12 & Blu Ray Player

Options
  • 27-07-2009 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey John/Ash/Nicola.

In the market for a TV and blu ray player and I was hoping you may be able to help me out. The Philips 42" 42PFL7404H has caught my eye. I see on Komplett its available for 806.99 http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=450660.

Is this something you can match or in a perfect world better?

I have noticed that they have a Philips 42PFL7603H/10 which has the ambilight option. Is this TV 100Hz? Should I still be going for the 7404H or is this one better?

Also, I am looking for a blu ray player to go with. Would the Philips BDP 3000 player be the one I should be looking for. Again, I can get this on Kompett for 169.01 http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=485332

And finally, I would be interested in getting the Philips AJL308. Is this still available and at what price?

Would you please quote your best offer for the lot? Could do with a HDMI cable as well.

Thanks for your help and I'm very impressed with what others have been saying regarding your pricing and service so don't let me down. ;)

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hey,

I've PM'd you on this with a price.

Thanks, Nicola.
    wheresbren wrote: »
    Hey John/Ash/Nicola.

In the market for a TV and blu ray player and I was hoping you may be able to help me out. The Philips 42" 42PFL7404H has caught my eye. I see on Komplett its available for 806.99 http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=450660.

I have noticed that they have a Philips 42PFL7603H/10 which has the ambilight option. Is this TV 100Hz? Should I still be going for the 7404H or is this one better?

Also, I am looking for a blu ray player to go with. Would the Philips BDP 3000 player be the one I should be looking for. Again, I can get this on Kompett for 169.01 http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=485332

And finally, I would be interested in getting the Philips AJL308. Is this still available and at what price?

Would you please quote your best offer for the lot? Could do with a HDMI cable as well.

Thanks for your help and I'm very impressed with what others have been saying regarding your pricing and service so don't let me down. ;)

Cheers.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys,

Just so there is no doubt!

We have no problem beating the Komplett pricing! and we do have the AJL308's in stock at €49.99 (what a price!).

The 7603 is excellent but is now a discontinued model and to be honest the 74 series walks all over it - you should also have a look at the 8404 series - for not a lot extra you get Ambilight and even more interesting you also can surf the open web on this model - not just the limited preformatted sites like the Sammy and most other competitors.

Anyway enough ramblings! Sorry for stepping on your toes Ash & Nicola - but I did not want anyone to think that we were in any way reluctant to price beat a website!

Thanks again guys,

ATB,

John mc
    wheresbren wrote: »
    Hey John/Ash/Nicola.

Cheers.

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Richie Philips

Hi Ash,

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Philips 42PFL8404H TV. I sent you a PM a while ago about adding the BDP3000 Blu Ray Player and a HDMI cable.

I'm going to order this package but I have a mate who is also interested in this if the price is right. So, how much for:

BDP3000 Blu Ray Player
    42PFL8404H TV
    HDMI cable

multiplied by 2.

Hi Richie Philips

I've pm'd you a price for the goodies.
    I should see the TV's by the end of the week.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 12 wheresbren

Hi John.

Thanks for the post.

Would you please provide a quote for the 42" 8404 Series TV, the BDP 3000 blu ray player, AJL308 alarm clock and HDMI cable.

I'm on a budget which is why I was going for the 7404 version but shur no harm in a quote (unless it kills me);)

Thanks

Brendan
    johnmc wrote: »
    Guys,

Just so there is no doubt!

We have no problem beating the Komplett pricing! and we do have the AJL308's in stock at €49.99 (what a price!).

The 7603 is excellent but is now a discontinued model and to be honest the 74 series walks all over it - you should also have a look at the 8404 series - for not a lot extra you get Ambilight and even more interesting you also can surf the open web on this model - not just the limited preformatted sites like the Sammy and most other competitors.

Anyway enough ramblings! Sorry for stepping on your toes Ash & Nicola - but I did not want anyone to think that we were in any way reluctant to price beat a website!

Thanks again guys,

ATB,

John mc

• Advertisement

Hi Brendan

I've pm'd you a price on the package based around a 42PFL8404.

Have a look and let me know what you think

have a good one

Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.