Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Luggage Weighing Scales - €7 delivered

• 27-07-2009 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭

Just got this delivered from Dealextreme

https://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1164

very sturdy nifty product. handy for spreading the weight in suitcases to avoid the fees and charges for overweight bags.

anyhow seemed a good cheap deal to me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Save yourself the hassle. All you need is a standard weighing scales. Step up on it, read your weight. Then pick up your bag or suitcase and take away the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭brightkane

we were trying that and our electronic scales were a pain in the ass to get the suitcase on it, plus if we buy things abroad were never sure of the weight as the hotel mightnt have a scales..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Thanks, will order one. I had one of the cheapo ones from the €2 shop but it broke. This looks a bit more sturdier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Cheers for this OP. Should come in handy when I wanna load up on cheap spirits in spain :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

+1 for these scales

Saved us a load of pain on holidays this year as we flew Ryanair. Got all our bags exactly the same weight and within 0.2kg of the 15kg limit

Useful, accurate. lightweight & portable. Similar scales in Argos are €30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 stephendm

++1

Got one a few months back (though mine is silver, not sky blue :))

Was perfect for weighing the camera gear when myself and the wife were going to Berlin. The weight of that stuff is unreal! Ended up leaving half of it behind. Carrying it all around would've killed me so just as well!

Also seriously handy if you sell a fair bit on Adverts but need to post everything (The joys of living in Leitrim! :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭traceybere

You can buy these in the 2 euro shop - we used one on a recent holiday - they were completely accurate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭georgem25

traceybere wrote: »
    You can buy these in the 2 euro shop - we used one on a recent holiday - they were completely accurate

+1

very accurate :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

These things are fantastic, I bought one before my last holiday and found the happy side benefit of being able to provide accurate postage costs when selling on adverts :)

EDIT - lol, didn't see that hubby had already replied saying pretty much the same thing :)

Advertisement