Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC v Liverpool XI

• 27-07-2009 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭

http://bohemians.ie/news/events/298-liverpool-xi-to-play-bohs-at-dalymount.html

Bohemian FC is pleased to announce that a Liverpool XI have agreed to play Bohemian Football Club in a friendly match at Dalymount on Monday, 17th August 2009 (kick-off 7.45 pm).

This match takes place just after the start of the English Premier League season and will give Liverpool fans and others an opportunity to see how some of the stars with last season's league runners-up are shaping up for the new season.

Admission prices will be €20 for all stands (€10 concession price for children, pensioners and students). Tickets will go on sale from Tuesday, 28th July through Ticketmaster and from the club offices in Dalymount Park.

Bohemian FC members can buy tickets (one per member) from Dalymount at the concession price up to Thursday 30th July.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Interesting..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Great stuff, I'm there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ye'll all be converted Bohs fans by the end of the day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

may try and make this, although i imagine it will be far, far from a first xi!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

may try and make this, although i imagine it will be far, far from a first xi!

Probably not but it could well feature those who didn’t play in the Spurs match. We could conceivably see the likes of Cavalieri, Degen, Skrtel (if he’s coming back from injury), Pacheco, Babel, N’Gog, Nemeth, El Zhar.
    I’ll definitely try and get tickets anyway. I’d imagine it’ll be difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

A Liverpool XI could mean anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

It could mean anything, but Dalymount will be full that night with Liverpool fans. In that regard, its a good earner for Bohs.

By tuesday do they mean it could be anytime on tues or midnight tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

ajeffares wrote: »
    By tuesday do they mean it could be anytime on tues or midnight tonight?

Probably 9am on tuesday morning

ring them, its a local Dublin number

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    ring them, its a local Dublin number

Good thinking:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

That's 24hrs after they play Spurs so a pretty pointless game for both teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

RasTa wrote: »

I think we've also a league game on the Wednesday, but i could be wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

zAbbo wrote: »
    RasTa wrote: »
    monkey9 wrote: »
    I think we've also a league game on the Wednesday, but i could be wrong

Fair fúcks to Bohs, they'll fill Dalyer with Pool fans turning up to see a mix of reserves and academy players and go a long way towards covering the loss of potential income from the Red Bull defeat last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Well done Bohs.

Fair fúcks to Bohs, they'll fill Dalyer with Pool fans turning up to see a mix of reserves and academy players and go a long way towards covering the loss of potential income from the Red Bull defeat last week.

shuuuuussssssssssssssssh. stop posting out loud!

I think most Liverpool fans are aware it will be a mostly reserve team in action. But many, myself included would pay to see the Liverpool reserves play anyway. See the future of the club and all . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

shuuuuussssssssssssssssh. stop posting out loud!

Prominent picture of Gerrard and Torres on the match posters (with tiny disclaimer at the bottom) on the cards? :D

Good move though. Especially clinching it so late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

zAbbo wrote: »

From official site:
    A Liverpool XI will face Bohemian Football Club in a friendly match on Monday, August 17, at Dalymount Park, Dublin (kick-off 7.45pm). No ticket details have been announced yet for this fixture.

A John McMahon managed Liverpool XI are in action on Tuesday night when they visit Cambridge United, kick-off 7.45pm.

Liverpool XI pre-season friendlies:

Tuesday, July 28. Cambridge United (A). 7.45pm.

Friday, July 31. Notts County (A). 7.45pm.

Monday, August 3. Bristol Rovers (A). 7.30pm.

Thursday, August 6. Dunmanway Town (A). 2pm.

Tuesday, August 11. Partick Thistle (A). 7.45pm.

Monday, August 17. Bohemian FC (A). 7.45pm.
    I guess take a look at the lineups for the 5 games prior and you'll get a good idea of who'll be over.

The Pool XI played Tranmere last week with Stevie G scoring a long-ranger the day he was found not guilty of affray. :D This was the team:

LIVERPOOL XI: Martin (Oldfield 70), Mendy, Darby (Irwin 46), Ayala (Mavinga 66), Threlfall, Palsson (Flora 66), Eccleston (Crowther 70), Gerrard (Simon 66) , Bruna (Brouwer 70), Amoo (Saric 66), Weijl (Hammill 56).

Would be awesome to see David Amoo and this new guy Mavinga, 2 for the future at least. Jordy Brouwer hasn't been the revelation I'd thought since singing from Ajax a while back but he's still young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

In fairness €20 tickets and the "XI" in there the club have gone about it the right way unlike the Everton friendly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

LoI ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

8-10 wrote: »
    From official site:
    I guess take a look at the lineups for the 5 games prior and you'll get a good idea of who'll be over.

The Pool XI played Tranmere last week with Stevie G scoring a long-ranger the day he was found not guilty of affray. :D This was the team:

LIVERPOOL XI: Martin (Oldfield 70), Mendy, Darby (Irwin 46), Ayala (Mavinga 66), Threlfall, Palsson (Flora 66), Eccleston (Crowther 70), Gerrard (Simon 66) , Bruna (Brouwer 70), Amoo (Saric 66), Weijl (Hammill 56).

Would be awesome to see David Amoo and this new guy Mavinga, 2 for the future at least. Jordy Brouwer hasn't been the revelation I'd thought since singing from Ajax a while back but he's still young.

I remember being like this when I supported Liverpool years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I trust that Bohs will be supplying gratis copies of Phil Collins Greatest Hits to all the pubs in Phibsboro in case the Liverpool squad fancy a pint after the game?

Better safe than sorry.

Iwould pay to see the Liverpool reserves play

thats deadly!

thats deadly!

I don’t like your tone

I don’t like your tone

well for once yee watching yer reserves would benefit a LOI club. Its deadly!

well for once yee watching yer reserves would benefit a LOI club. Its deadly!

Fantastic news. Will it teach them not to get themselves into a similar financial mess again? I doubt it, so I don’t see why anyone should celebrate.

Fantastic news.
    yep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

stovelid wrote: »
    I trust that Bohs will be supplying gratis copies of Phil Collins Greatest Hits to all the pubs in Phibsboro in case the Liverpool squad fancy a pint after the game?

Bohs fans better bring their boxing gloves if Gerrard is coming over.:P

• Advertisement

Bohs fans better bring their boxing gloves if Gerrard is coming over.:P

gloves? Not that sophisticated surely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Hold Me Now >>>> Walk On :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Irishkop have 100 tickets for this,they are selling fast and the tickets are all together.

See This thread for more info.
    http://irishkop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10583

Our 100 tickets are now gone,we are getting another 200 in asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I'd love to go, still negotiating. Trying to find a mate to go with me, for the travel. Plus the fact I've a wedding (not mine, but if it was, I'd still probably go) the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Not bothered about this game at all tbh, good luck to Bohs though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭pampers1

Does anyone know what time these tickets will be on sale at? Ticketmaster couldn't give me a definite time. Just wondering if anyone has any indication of what time they'd be on sale at?

Not bothered about this game at all tbh, good luck to Bohs though.
    Up and coming Pool players versus the Irish champions? Surely a must game

Up and coming Pool players versus the Irish double champions? Surely a must game
    FYP :)

pampers1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time these tickets will be on sale at? Ticketmaster couldn't give me a definite time. Just wondering if anyone has any indication of what time they'd be on sale at?
    On sale now -- http://www.ticketmaster.ie/artist/961883?list_view=1&brand=ie_bohemians

Irishkop have collection points at

LUCAN

CITY WEST

BLANCHARDSTOWN

CABRA

CITY CENTRE

TALLAGHT

Tickets must be paid for on collection, they will all be together in JODI stand sectioned off for us,about 300 at them moment with well over 100 sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The guts of the Jodi and Des Kelly are sold apparantly and a good load of Connaught St are sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

They don't seem to have student price on ticketmaster...

Looks like tickets are sold out, you'd think it'd say just that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Will Bohs put out a full strength side for this?

Bohs XI seems to indicate they might not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Cant imagine we will, if a few of the first team players really want to play Im sure theyll get 20mins or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Sold out, fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

SectionF wrote: »

I friggin HATE Ticketmaster!! Rang em up today to try to book a ticket in the disabled stand. Was told to ring Bohs directly, so i did. When I got thru to them i was told to ring Ticketmaster again. Which I did. Finally,someone at Ticketmaster who actually knew what day of the week it was, told me that I could only book these tickets directly from the club!!!!

Got my ticket,but needless to say I gave Ticketmaster a piece of my mind!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭The Rooster

This was Liverpool XI's team v Cambridge last night, which might give some idea of the team that will face Bohs:

David Martin
    Stephen Darby - Daniel Ayala - Chris Mavinga - Steven Irwin
    Ryan Crowther - Victor Palsson - Vincent Weijl - Alex Kacaniklic
    Jordy Brouwer - Andras Simon
    Subs used: Hansen, Buchtmann, Hammill, Flora, Mendy, Saric, Eccleston, Bruna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

This was Liverpool XI's team v Cambridge last night, which might give some idea of the team that will face Bohs:

David Martin
    Stephen Darby - Daniel Ayala - Chris Mavinga - Steven Irwin
    Ryan Crowther - Victor Palsson - Vincent Weijl - Alex Kacaniklic
    Jordy Brouwer - Andras Simon
    Subs used: Hansen, Buchtmann, Hammill, Flora, Mendy, Saric, Eccleston, Bruna

The chances are that it could even be a fair bit stronger than that as there are a number of players involved with the first-team preseason squad who could well drop down once the season proper starts. The first-team pre-season squad has 30 players in it

Nemeth, Pacheco, Plessis, one of San Jose/Kelly, Gulacsi could all be possibles.

Also I would assume Chris Oldfield (goalkeeper, 19 , Irish) who was promoted from the Academy to Melwood and who has featured for the reserves already in pre-season might well be in with a shout. Also Lauri Dalle Valle might be in with a shout as well.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

And apparently Liverpool said a few first teamers will be showing up for the game down in cork (no idea what truth is in this) but could would hazard a guess it'll be a little stronger than the one above.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Sold out

Not to worry. There might be some left for the Galway game on the 21st ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement