Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon 500D Rebel T1i

• 27-07-2009 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm looking at purchasing the Canon 500D and there are a couple of people selling the camera at a cheaper cost on Ebay.. however some of them have a Rebel T1i label at the front of the camera instead of the standard 500D label. Is there any difference because of this label? It's the only think stopping me from puchasing at this stage! (I have heard great things about the camera... hope I'm getting a good one :confused: )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

as far as I'm aware there's no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭peustace

Yeah, sorry I can answer my own question. The 500D is known as the Rebel T1i in North America.. hadnt spotted that! Cheers

They are the same camera I think.

My 500d has is refferred to as a Digital Rebel in the instruction manual and on the info that came with it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

watch out on ebay as most of the cameras are refurbished models, its in the small print on the bottom. Nothing wrong with them but they don'thave the 1 year warranty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭goldiejam

Its the same camera the only difference is there are less language options on the rebel..

• Advertisement

goldiejam wrote: »
    Its the same camera the only difference is there are less language options on the rebel..

Digitial Rebel models also come in a wider colour range I think? I've seen some white and grey models, I've never seen a white 500d.

Advertisement