Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How not to park!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Cionád wrote: »
    Whats going on there? Silver car taking the legitimate space, preventing the muppet on the path from getting into his car?

Or are they touching?

Here's the newspaper article, i dont even want to know how the fiat ended up there!!

ON-STREET car parking was brought to a new level in New Ross last week when a car dramatically mounted a footpath and managed to wedge itself tight between a parked car and a well-known business premises.

The incident occurred around 11 a.m. on Friday at John Street, when the driver of a Fiat Bravo car made a radical move while reversing between a parked Opel Zafira and the Barrow Office Supplies shop.

She is understood to have said afterwards that her foot slipped while reversing, and in manoeuvring, her car ended up jammed between the building and the Opel MPV.

A shocked woman and a small baby were in the Opel Zafira at the time of the incident.

The driver of the Fiat scraped the entire side of the 2008 Opel in her failed attempt to parallel park.

The spectacle caused quite a stir in the John Street and surrounding areas, with local business people and passers-by standing out on the streets looking at the incident unfold.

The female motorist was trapped in her car after it came to a halt and she had to be helped out through the boot of the vehicle.

Gardai subsequently attended the scene and the two damaged vehicles were later removed by a tow truck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

timmywex wrote: »
    The female motorist was trapped in her car after it came to a halt and she had to be helped out through the boot of the vehicle.

That is freakin hilarious! :D

Should of got a few pictures of that haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

What is this sh*te??????????????

Their feet are slipping!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kazul

timmywex wrote: »

I wonder why the Zafira driver didn't just pull away and let her out? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

She drives = Car dies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I work in Rathfarnham S.C, it gave me some laugh last saturday morning. It was a supposedly a 83 year old woman who was "driving" the vehicle.
    The car park in that shopping centre is a nightmare though, bad layout with a combination of women/elderly/bad drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Who drives a low powered hatchback, is between the ages of 17-25 and has lost every girlfriend he has ever had in a series of bizarre motoring accidents all caused by him? Sounds about right...

That ad campaign has made me think - if the big risk factor of 17-25 year old malde drivers is them killing their girlfriend, why the feck is there no massive discount on insurance for being gay? Tis insurance homophobia I tells ye :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭manta356

Their feet are slipping!!!!!

If they would buy proper comfortable shoes like us men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

kazul wrote: »
    I wonder why the Zafira driver didn't just pull away and let her out? :confused:

Probably feared they'd do more damage, i suspect.

I would have loved to have seen that for real. How is one's reactions so slow that by the time they've noticed their foot has "slipped", that theyve managed to wedge themselves into that position:confused::confused::rolleyes:

3a61a118-858a-4482-_377712c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭wexhurdler

[she is understood to have said afterwards that her foot slipped while reversing]

[she hit the accelerator instead of the brake]

Am I the only person who notices this common thread running through both of these "incidents":D

hmmmmm... and only males have crazy loadings on their insurance policies:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭legend365

...what do you mean i was speeding guard??

...my foot slipped sorry :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

some of the parking I see everyday is unbelieveable

I must get a phone with a decent camera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shires

wexhurdler wrote: »
    hmmmmm... and only males have crazy loadings on their insurance policies:rolleyes:

Mostly thinking out loud, but..

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that this is, to some degree, a scam. I would dearly love to see a big book chock full of numbers from a car insurance provider showing how their weightings and costings work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

Women are ****e drivers, everyone knows this but yet its still us males that get raped with high insurance premiums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Shires wrote: »
    Mostly thinking out loud, but..

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that this is, to some degree, a scam. I would dearly love to see a big book chock full of numbers from a car insurance provider showing how their weightings and costings work out.

I've a mate who works in Quinn who claims that while women have about THREE TIMES as many claims as men do, they rarely exceed a few thousand euro - and that the five and six figure claims are legitimately nearly always <25 year old men. Although not always in the kind of car they load heavily.

I'd suspect the fact that women usually learn to drive later is a big enough factor in this though. If as many 17 year old girls as boys had cars we'd have "she drives, he dies" campaigns and insane insurance for women too. Most of my male friends had cars when 17/18/19, most of the girls are only learning to drive now they're 22/23...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

That car park badly needs guard rails, thats a safety hazard if you ever saw one :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Where is the driver in the Rathfarnham picture? Did she just head off and do the shopping anyway? ;)
    Originally Posted by ronaneire
    Read in yesterdays paper, she thought the car was in reverse but it was in 4th gear. Foot to the floor and away with ya
    If she thought the car was in reverse, you could assume the car was stationary (ish). If so, and the car was actually in 4th gear, it would not have had any acceleration and probably would have stalled.

It's possible she thought it was in reverse and it was actually in 1st gear or something... and the newspaper got it wrong... (In fact it's possible it was there as an art exhibition and the newspaper got it wrong!)

Advertisement