Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gio Factor

Options
  • 27-07-2009 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Okay this has been tossed and turned through countless number of times...from halftime at the shelf - to train rides home after another right winger was wasted on the left wing....but lets just have a diffinitive answer on this.

Dos Santos has to be tried - he had a good end of season with Ipswich and now he has been awarded Player of the tournament in the Gold Cup...

I'm not saying its the hardest tourny in the world, but this kid has obvious talent. Please Cockney Jesus - Give him a run of matches. He has so much promise!

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/giogoesforgold270709.html

Opinions PLEASE ?? :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

sew wrote: »
    Okay this has been tossed and turned through countless number of times...from halftime at the shelf - to train rides home after another right winger was wasted on the left wing....but lets just have a diffinitive answer on this.

Dos Santos has to be tried - he had a good end of season with Ipswich and now he has been awarded Player of the tournament in the Gold Cup...

I'm not saying its the hardest tourny in the world, but this kid has obvious talent. Please Cockney Jesus - Give him a run of matches. He has so much promise!

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/giogoesforgold270709.html

Opinions PLEASE ?? :o

Harry ain't no cockney pal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭sew

BOLT wrote: »

thanks for your intelligent input on Giovanni Dos Santos getting a run of games for tottenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I beg to differ...
    The traditional core neighbourhoods of the East End are Bethnal Green, Whitechapel, Spitalfields, Stepney, Wapping, Limehouse, Poplar, Millwall, Hackney, Hoxton, Shoreditch, Bow and Mile End.

Redknapp was born in Poplar.

I beg to differ...

Poplar is an area of the East End of London - :cool:

I beg to differ...

Yep, and to be a true Cockney, you have to be born within the sound of Bow bells......That's St.Mary Le Bow in the City of London...NOT Bow in East London.

• Advertisement

sew wrote: »
    thanks for your intelligent input on Giovanni Dos Santos getting a run of games for tottenham.

And thankyou for your estimable sarcasm:rolleyes:

Seriously, I see Dos Santos as too lightweight.
    It was apparent to all, and indeed to Harry, that we were not physical enough in midfield and, if Lennon's playing, I don't see where Do Santos can fit in. (Sooner see Huddlestone given a run anyway)

Seriously, I see Dos Santos as too lightweight.
    It was apparent to all, and indeed to Harry, that we were not physical enough in midfield and, if Lennon's playing, I don't see where Do Santos can fit in. (Sooner see Huddlestone given a run anyway)

Im talking about the Left wing Lennon cant cross his legs out there - Huddlestone - ??? - he needs to compete against CM/DM not LW

Lightweight is a poor excuse look at small lil players such as Modric Fabregas Wright Phillips...etc etc. plus argument against that is pace is killer in PL - which Gio has. Skill in abundance.

Mexico in Gold Cup

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/3048609/

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2992819/

Few teams can afford to play with two wingers let alone two lightweights.
    Needless to say, I wasn't suggesting Huddlestone on the wing but that his vision, range of passing and shotmaking are needed in the team and that he should be given a decent run - particularly if Palacios could cover his back!

Yep, and to be a true Cockney, you have to be born within the sound of Bow bells......That's St.Mary Le Bow in the City of London...NOT Bow in East London.

Tumbleweed.....:p

• Advertisement

Few teams can afford to play with two wingers let alone two lightweights.
    Needless to say, I wasn't suggesting Huddlestone on the wing but that his vision, range of passing and shotmaking are needed in the team and that he should be given a decent run - particularly if Palacios could cover his back!

Yes i get you on Huddlestone - im a big a fan of his but he just seems to be that lil be short - Unless this year he steps up to the plate. But if you have strong holding players( which we have) - and a Strong CF (Crouch will be) - two wingers are not a luxury - kid has talent - like he is alot better then Rose/Bentley/Bale out there - Modric is more creative then Tommy.
    And Palacios is better defensively - therefore - playing two quick wingers - and having Mod & Pal CM would work wonders i feel. pace strength creativity -

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Tumbleweed.....:p

Not really, busy doing other things.
    A study was carried by the city in 2000 to see how far the Bow Bells could be heard[citation needed], and it was estimated that the bells would have been heard six miles to the east,

Poplar is 4.2 miles by road from the Church according to Google Maps.

hahahaha STATO STATO STATOOOO

Ah yes, and of course, one can hear the bells above the sound of traffic, gobby Spammers and the various proles that inhabit that side of London....

Still, a bit of education never did anyone any harm!

(Estimated 6 miles East...harrrrruuuummmmmph!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

I still think that, given a chance, Bale would be our better choice for LM. I would ,ove him to be a main stay in our team because I really think he is going to be a great player. I hope hes given a good run of games this season (and finally wins a game)!!

Advertisement