Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John O'Donoghue and his travel spending spree

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

It will be a great Litmus test for the people of Kerry, but remember all politics is local and when he was Minister for Arts Kerry got more Lottery Grants than any other county i.e. he delivered for Kerry so they will probably ignore the expenses issue but maybe we can hope that they might actually see sense and not elect him

I will say one thing for the people of South Kerry.

The choice is dire. The other candidates are some non entity from FG, Healy Rae who himself has big expenses issues and O'D's running mate, very nice fellow but has narrowly missed out twice now, and Labour will need to find someone quickly as the party here is pretty shattered.

Save us, someone run on an anti-sleaze ticket. Bet they'd get a surprising number of votes. Know a lot who are very disillusioned with the current incumbents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭john-joe

so thats what he spent his expenses on...............

ice cream & flyers!!!!!!

JackieHealyRae2-sm.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

1.00 O'clock RTE Radio news!

O'Donoghue wants to run again at the next election.
    Crikey, he's a hard neck.

Having watched the Primetime show last night (http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1057217)
    I can't see how we shouldn't be instead, chasing him with the CAB, if the legal mandate was there (sadly it don't at present - another thing to change).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

walshb wrote: »
    Embarassing john-joe, but unfortunately, not surprising.

40K per year travel. That's about 750 Euro per week, this
    is complete bull and an absolute con and deliberate pocketing
    of other peoples money. He and others should be MADE
    explain and account for this type of thievery.

I think his phone allowance per year was 13K...

Who the **** is this prick calling?
    Wasn't his defence for this that his constituency office was running at a loss. if that's the case shouldn't he be putting in an expence for runing his office, rather than claiming he had flights totalling 40K.

I was a little shocked as he rattled off all the allowances he got and he didn't seem to think they were outlandish.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Forcefield

Biggins wrote: »
    1.00 O'clock RTE Radio news!

O'Donoghue wants to run again at the next election.
    Crikey, he's a hard neck.
    I can't see how we shouldn't be instead, chasing him with the CAB,

How about running over him with a cab?
    That will solve that issue straight away anyway.

Thats some neck alright though. - Christ, he will get re elected too.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,041 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wasn't his defence for this that his constituency office was running at a loss. if that's the case shouldn't he be putting in an expence for runing his office, rather than claiming he had flights totalling 40K.

I was a little shocked as he rattled off all the allowances he got and he didn't seem to think they were outlandish.

Whatever the defence was, he cannot justify this outlandish expense and who said anything about flights? He's based in Cork. Was he taking planes everytime he came to Dublin? If so, what a waster and low life to be throwing money around like that.

Bottom line is that these guys/gals have no explaining to do. The system allows them
    to basically milk us without any accountability or consequence.

Forcefield wrote: »
    How about running over him with a cab?

...He'd prefer a limo! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭john-joe

...He'd prefer a limo! :D

Yeah sure a taxi cab wouldn't take cash from a 'minister' from that awful goverment who won't help them....:rolleyes:;)

booohooo...:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gpk

Has anyone seen this !!!

http://tinyurl.com/yl2lqw9

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

gpk wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this !!!

It's OK, but the post-it should have shown the actual expenses, and the £1 "donation" to UNICEF that he reclaimed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

mike65 wrote: »
    It was on the 11 am news, the words came from a FF councillor in the Kingdom, spoken with JODs blessing apparently.

Think I her-her-her-heard that, and-and-and-and it was pretty sickening al-a-l-l-alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

gpk wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this !!!

Thank god he wasnt fired, he probably would have got 5 years salary and would have been allowed KEEP the limo :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

mike65 wrote: »
    It was on the 11 am news, the words came from a FF councillor in the Kingdom, spoken with JODs blessing apparently.
    Seems so...

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1009/politics1.html

VOTE #1

• Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Let's see if the people of south kerry are any better than the muppets in Mayo or Tipp who elected their own local thieves back in, with gusto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

All politics is local. Michael Lowry and Bev both voted in despite being the subjects of political scandal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

The same scoundrels would be booted out in Britain, no matter what they'd done (or claimed credit for) for their constituency. Irish voters are often so stupid-if a lad is on the take he's on the take and can't be trusted, full stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭alfranken

People get the politicians they deserve, again and again and again

Don't care what people think, I think JOD deserves a seat.
    ...and I have it for him!

96evr5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Don't care what people think, I think JOD deserves a seat.
    ...and I have it for him!

96evr5.jpg

what the **** is that.

• Advertisement

DrumSteve wrote: »
    what the **** is that.
    Torture Device.
    From here: http://englishrussia.com/?p=1036&fr=2

WARNING - Don't open while your eating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 932 ✭✭✭paddyland

I like it, one nail in the backside for each and every time the Ministerial Merc had to traverse the country empty, chasing after The Bull's private jet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

has anyone mentioned how much he has spent on the slap,
    loss of memory aherne had a bill of 20,000 a year, i remember correctly,
    the window shopping industry in amstradam would not spend what them two excuses for human beings spent on it

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

Maybe JOD should come on the late late and tell all of us what a great fellow he is just like his mate bertie,im sure RTE would have no problem in allowing him to hand pick a nice group of FF followers from south kerry for the audience just like they did with bertie.....Poor john has never been given a chance to explain himself as everyone has been telling us:rolleyes:,kate anne could stay in the green room and chat to all the other "stars" of the show about world travel,5 star hotels and horse racing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Staunch defense of John by Paudi O'Se in todays Sindo. Nausiating to read really. This prick is an example of whats wrong with this country, blindly following Fianna Fail. Every time there is a scandal with the party this joke of a man in on the paper backing them to the hills

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Staunch defense of John by Paudi O'Se in todays Sindo. Nausiating to read really. This prick is an example of whats wrong with this country, blindly following Fianna Fail. Every time there is a scandal with the party this joke of a man in on the paper backing them to the hills
    Joke tbh. Ireland's ****ed for years to come with this attitude. Meanwhile over in the UK they're kicking ass & taking names over expense scandals. Too bad the Micks are gormless ****ing idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

When is the search button going to work or i have i been infracted

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hootanany wrote: »
    When is the search button going to work or i have i been infracted
    There's a big pink announcement (it's pretty much as obvious as it can be made) at the top of every forum about it which makes it a bit hard to miss. Queries to the Help Desk forum where they always go but the announcement lists the answers to all the questions you could ask re the return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Heard Gormley on RTE at lunchtime. Trib ran story about Gormley being ferried from one terminal to another.
    Its mind boggling what they actually charge to chauffeur ministers and to be fair he said it was a bit steep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

I tried to read it but started to feel sick from the amount of BS in it.Paper does not refuse ink!it is report today that JOD will make a statement on tuesday explaining himself...im sure it will contain phrases like "in no way personally gained" "entiled under guidlines" and "regrettable"....it now looks like mary harney is next up for a grilling over her expenses,the mail has spent the last 2 months trying to get her expenses under the freedom of info but her civil servents have delayed the process because there is nobody to sign off on the material:rolleyes:

Advertisement