Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John O'Donoghue and his travel spending spree

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭DirksDiggler

I'm stunned. What an unutterable c*nt :mad:

And theres the round of applause from all sides.

Hope the bollox is hit by a bus on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭niffle

well thats typical we applaude those who rape us !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

is there such a word as reasonableness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

The commentator on RTE said Beverly Cooper-Flynn stood up to applaud trying to get a standing ovation going.
    "Birds of a feather flock together" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Back in a while.....currently wiping puke off my keyboard and screen :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭DirksDiggler

Said it before and I'll say it again, we have the most rotten government in the developed world.

I wonder if the red faced twat is on his way (limo driven no doubt) to cash his €112k cheque yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

Such BS!he was given 3 months to explain himself..."i came in here a proud man and i leave a proud man"what a w*nker!nice to see he reminded the people of south kerry how good he was to them...i only used the gov jet 14 times in 5 years ,what about all the 1st class flights he made from the south of france to kerry in the space of a week...cheeky bastard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

All this nonsense about protocol. Howlin to be fair said that he asked NOT to be ferried between terminals as he was uncomfortable with the whole situation.
    Its time for our politicians to show a bit of leadership here. It is not necessary to get chauffeured and use the governemnt jet ALL the time.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Back in a while.....currently wiping puke off my keyboard and screen :mad: :mad: :mad:
    +1. fair play to who ever forgot to turn off their mobile:Dit pissed him off several times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Could RTÉ be any more ridiculous in this coverage. It seems very biased to me.

Glad he's gone. Cowen praising his arse now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

He no longer to be known as the 'bull' rather he should be known as john 'I was only following orders' o'donoghue. Christ on a bike do any of them ever admit to been wrong, they think that feeding greedily from the trough is ok because like everest it's there.

all he has done is opened the flood gates on himself.if he was wronged as he claims why didnt he follow up on the legal threats he made to the tribune.....i hope they unload on him now he deserves it

bonzos wrote: »
    all he has done is opened the flood gates on himself.if he was wronged as he claims why didnt he follow up on the legal threats he made to the tribune.....i hope they unload on him now he deserves it

I don't, I hope they move on to the next chancer.

kincsem wrote: »
    The commentator on RTE said Beverly Cooper-Flynn stood up to applaud trying to get a standing ovation going.
    "Birds of a feather flock together" :pac:
    another great example of FF principles

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Its the Fat Chick now i smell blood

thebman wrote: »
    I don't, I hope they move on to the next chancer.
    Will kenny still be looking for him the repay some of the money or is ok now just because he jacked.....not once did he directy say sorry to the irish people for his behavour ....insulting!he is not happy with gilmore for pulling the rug from under him

Hootanany wrote: »

Maybe that's where she put all the money :D

In fairness if she has been charging expenses to the health service when cutting vaccines because we don't have the money, she is going to fall hard and fast.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Hootanany wrote: »
    This isn't After Hours. If you've nothing of value to contribute, don't post.

That goes across the board, by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

What was that crap JOD was spouting about taxi fares in the states having the tips built into the fare??? Anytime I was in the states I always gave a tip on top of the fare asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I certainly think The Sunday Tribune is not going to stop here. As said they do have Mary Harney in their sights.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

funkyflea wrote: »
    Did not deserve that clapping, I can't believe this he's going out as some kind of martyr! :mad:

I am utterly appalled by the way this has gone down.

If this was any private company you'd be given 5 mins to clean out your desk.
    You'd probably be asked to pay the money back or be taken to court.
    Yet here we are, a politician robs us blind and he gets a clap on the back for it.
    We are being taxed left, right and centre and this is where our money is going.
    It sickens me to the core.

And theres the round of applause from all sides.

This is what sickens me; you'd expect it from FF, but all the others too ?

Did Gilmore undo the good that he did by bringing this to a head by clapping, too ?

I think we should email all TDs and ask them if they clapped, and why....

And in addition, remind me; this scumbag is stepping down ONLY as CC ? He's still going to be a TD until we get this corrupt shower of scumbags out of office ?

*....and even then, the blinkered/deluded ones will vote him back in while still complaining that they don't have some local facility that could have been paid for by, say, €63,000 :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Partly why they are clapping is that if they don't, they will be seen to be hypocritical of a system that a lot of them on all sides are abusing also!
    You don't bite the hand that feeds you! Sickening stuff.

OK, can a few people watch the various news clips of this later and pick out

1) Anyone speaking weasel words in praise of this con-man (such as the bull**** that I'm currently hearing in the background - "unfairly portrayed in the media" :rolleyes:
    2) Anyone clapping

We'll compile a full list and then we'll (a) name and shame them here on boards and (b) try to organise an email to all of them to ask them what the f**k they were thinking

And let's also see - and highlight and praise - anyone who didn't clap. I've a horrible suspicion that that would be a very short list, but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    OK, can a few people watch the various news clips of this later and pick out

1) Anyone speaking weasel words in praise of this con-man (such as the bull**** that I'm currently hearing in the background - "unfairly portrayed in the media" :rolleyes:
    2) Anyone clapping

We'll compile a full list and then we'll (a) name and shame them here on boards and (b) try to organise an email to all of them to ask them what the f**k they were thinking

And let's also see - and highlight and praise - anyone who didn't clap. I've a horrible suspicion that that would be a very short list, but you never know.
    Excellent idea. Simple question: "Why did you clap for a man resigning over an abuse of taxpayers' money?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Is anyone else completely bemused and disgusted by this woman's 2 fingered standing ovation for JOD? It just goes to confirm how rotten our government and Dáil is. I've sent all the emails to TDs, and given out about it all, but ya know what? It doesnt change. Its a system designed to remove the top echelon away from the plebs and her little ovation was a salute to the great and the good who attend race meetings, living a life of opulence, all on the back of the taxpayers pocket.

I give up. They'll do what they want because 90% of Irish people couldnt care less.

Let them eat cake.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

There is another question to be asked btw.

I work in the accounts department of a company.
    When people hand in their monthly expense sheets, we go through them and if something looks odd or out of place we ask questions.

Where exactly do his expense sheets go and how come the accountant taking them and posting them up to his accounts system is not asking any questions?
    I'd really love to get an answer to that one, because it's one of two things, he's either getting a back hander or he has the threat of being moved to outter mongolia if he squeals.
    Either way, this is rife through the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

His expense claims went to the Clerk of the Daíl.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    I'd really love to get an answer to that one, because it's one of two things, he's either getting a back hander or he has the threat of being moved to outter mongolia if he squeals.
    Either way, this is rife through the system.

Remember that we are talking about a system in which the then Minister for Finance (a later Taoiseach) saw nothing wrong with signing blank cheques for €25,000 which later ended up in the then Taoiseach's account.

As I've said elsewhere, you'd forgive a local treasurer doing that for a few €50 cheques, or a book-keeper in a small company, but a Minister for Finance ?

And the same character is heralded today and suggested for President. :rolleyes:

So I wouldn't hold my breath on any reform - or even genuine will to reform - and correct the corruption any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

It is time for a boards candidate in the next general election.

Advertisement