Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Races - Student prices.

Options
  • 27-07-2009 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Just a quick question, is proof of being a student needed to get in as a student, I'm starting college in after the Summer, but I have no proof.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭encyclopedia

Ya they generally ask for student id, you could chance it, you never know you could get lucky, id say its at the discretion of the person in the in the booth

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

Ya they generally ask for student id, you could chance it, you never know you could get lucky, id say its at the discretion of the person in the in the booth

In the time that are in it, I think you will need proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

They are VERY strict on student ID for the races. I remember last year when I used my student ID, they really looked at it and asked me some question (can't remember what but think it was DOB) - It felt like I was trying to buy booze with a fake ID ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

JohnCleary wrote: »
    They are VERY strict on student ID for the races. I remember last year when I used my student ID, they really looked at it and asked me some question (can't remember what but think it was DOB) - It felt like I was trying to buy booze with a fake ID ffs!

Most likely the student number they'd ask you...

If you havn't started college yet then you're not yet a student so wouldn't be surprised if you don't get student price.

gary82 wrote: »
    If you havn't started college yet then you're not yet a student so wouldn't be surprised if you don't get student price.

You're a student so long as you're in full-time (and possibly part-time) education. In secondary school, you're a student! You are eligable for various student ID's such as USIT when you're in secondary school... a USIT Student ID is proof of being a student and is as good as college ID for this purpose

• Advertisement

But if you're starting college in September you're most likely finished any secondary education and havn't started third level.

Best bet is to borrow the ID from some college student that looks like you!

gary82 wrote: »
    But if you're starting college in September you're most likely finished any secondary education and havn't started third level.

Best bet is to borrow the ID from some college student that looks like you!

Oh yeah I wasn't trying to give the OP on how to get an ID quickly or anything, just saying that 2nd level pupils are perfectly entitled to a student ID

Yeah and I'm saying that if they're starting college they're probably no longer a secondary school student... and not quite a college student! In that awkward in-between stage. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bonnie1810

btw how much is it for students?
    thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

dont think they do student rates anymore!
    it only gives one price on the website

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭TheKnowledge

Its usually 10 or 12euro depending on the day i think

skelliser wrote: »
    dont think they do student rates anymore!
    it only gives one price on the website

There was student prices listed on the sheet posted in through my letterbox last week so there is definately student prices available.

Not sure on student prices except for Thursday where admission for a student is €20 (€30 normal entry)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

are they strict on u14 entry!

Daragh101 wrote: »
    are they strict on u14 entry!

I've had no trouble the past few years on the front gate, usually a 15/16 yr old in that particular booth and they never say anything. I'm nearly 23 now so have had success in this as far as the age of 21, have pulled it off on ladies day aswell with a suit :D

However i look fairly young and get asked for I.D all the time(if i said i was 17 you'd believe me)

So i reckon there's a good chance if you look young, heading tomorrow and hoping there's a young person manning that booth again this year :o

So here's hoping i have one more year in me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

well im 18, but id say i should get away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

Any updates on the student prices for this years festival?

Any updates on the student prices for this years festival?

As a general rule its 10 euro less than the full price admission. So for instance on Wednesday and Thursday full admission will be 30 euro, student 20 euro, as johncleary mentioned already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lisadwt

If you already have a ticket, will they reimburse you if you show them your I.D. does anyone know?

lisadwt wrote: »
    If you already have a ticket, will they reimburse you if you show them your I.D. does anyone know?

No

Advertisement