Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I won the lotto !!!!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

BVB wrote: »
    But if you really won the lotto ( just say €10,000,000 ) whats the first thing you would buy and where would you move to?

I'd just give it straight to brian lenihan to save myself some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

First thing I would buy - a large Tesco sushi box for the lady (A "you had to be there" type gift...) Then of course treat her like a princess
    For myself, prolly a nice long holiday (haven't been on a proper one in around 10 years!) followed by a ****load of gadgets (maybe build a new pc to replace this overheating POS laptop)

I wouldn't move anywhere in the immediate future tbh, I only moved a few weeks ago and absolutely adore my new flat... I would just take a few months to find my dream property to purchase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

BVB wrote: »
    I wish .

But if you really won the lotto ( just say €10,000,000 ) whats the first thing you would buy and where would you move to?

I wouldn't be here bragging about it to all you poor folk now that im rich:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

deleted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Seaneh wrote: »
    The coastal roads in the north east are perfect for road trips.

nsxR has 2 seats and like to be driven like this :)

Richard Hammond drove it and slated it to be honest i can see why he could'nt parallel park a Nissan micra he a muppet and his driving skills show who cares about going side ways ? thats all show for a camera!
    :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Same as about most people:

A good sized house in vic Atherton.

A relatively expensive car.

A good, single-engined airplane. Something a little higher than a 182, but not to the level of a twin. That said, I did notice some ex Irish Air Corps (Still in Irish colours) SF260s on sale in Los Angeles area on Trade-a-plane for about $160,000 apiece. Hmm...Get both?

A crapload of stock. (They're a little undervalued right now, I think).

Multiple rifles, reloading equipment, and a shotgun.

Some land in the country, in case of zombie invasion. See also multiple rifles, reloading equipment and shotgun.

Drop a quarter mil to the Littlefield Foundation

See what I can do about investing the rest.

NTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Within the hour of collecting the win I'd be leaving Ireland for good never to return... I doubt the rest would interest you.

snyper wrote: »
    Misleading thread title is misleading.

i seem to remember this from somewhere snyper ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭username4321

I'd go on a mad spending buzz, clothes,cars,holidays for about a month.
    Make sure my family were sorted.
    Then move to somewhere hot and lovely..maybe rural Ibiza or something.
    Take time to work on everything I've been too poor/busy to do or have, i.e buy a horse, look after and ride it on my land :), morning swims, personal chef,personal trainer,daytime sex, cocktail parties on the veranda with all my mates..

hang on is that pushing the boat out a bit?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Fooz

I have it all planned.

A decent amount to each of my close family and after that:

A nice country pile in Ireland with horses, games room, swimming pool, gym, all that.

A Landrover, a BMW M3 and a Lambo Gallardo (one for roughing it on the pile, one for everyday use and one for fun).

Apartments in Shanghai, New York and Paris

A house in Queenstown, New Zealand.

A small airplane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

i seem to remember this from somewhere snyper ;)

Theiving quotes poster is theiving :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'd probably buy a deadly boat, nothing too massive, and a ferrari F40, Ariel Atom and a Bmw M5. And to top it all off i'd buy some savage place to live, not too sure where....but meh.

snyper wrote: »
    Theiving quotes poster is theiving :D

forgiving original poster is forgiving. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I would buy a villa in France, a top spec laptop and unwind :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Sharlovesjohn

my own island :) if i won enough

otherwise id buy my parents a house claim its for me so they wont have to pay tax on it then fly al over the world and give 2 mill to cancer & children's charities

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Buy midgets.

Race them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 stormymay

house in italy and get the hell out of here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

A huge house on several acres overlooking a lake. I would keep horses on the land.
    A substantial amount to immediate Family members.
    Bring my mates on a round-the-world cruise.
    Buy a 09 Audi a4 TDI, and a top of the range sports car (undecided as of yet).
    Keep the rest and live off the interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭clinchy

start a cult and have people worship me

give 2 mill to cancer & children's charities
    Wazdakka wrote: »
    Buy midgets.

Race them.

i know which one i want to go drinking with :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

i know which one i want to go drinking with :P
    Cancerous midgets?

cancerous child midgets.. they'd be about 6 inches tall. the shot glass would look like a pint for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Hm... I actually like my job and wouldn't like to give it up just because I won the lotto. Dilemma! :D

I'd probably do the sensible thing like clear my credit card, have a chat with the accountant about making sure I would be financially sorted for life.

But I'd definitely like to travel and get a nice 2nd gaff somewhere. Preferably un posh appartement en Paris. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Hm... I actually like my job and wouldn't like to give it up just because I won the lotto. Dilemma! :D

I'd probably do the sensible thing like clear my credit card, have a chat with the accountant about making sure I would be financially sorted for life.

But I'd definitely like to travel and get a nice 2nd gaff somewhere. Preferably un posh appartement en Paris. :)

Winning the Lotto would be totally wasted on you. It sounds like your idea of a wild weekend is changing to spearmint flavoured toothpaste...

I'd join the P1 club and snort coke off a bewildering array of supermodels. I'd rent an apartment in a different European city every few months and live out my days driving, touring and partying until I got old or my liver failed...

'cptr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭nehpets5555

first thing id do is pay off my parents and grandparents morgages/debts . then id buy a house in USA, not sure where, maybe san diego or florida. then id buy a nice reasonabley priced car. Id then invest some of it in stock and give to money to charity. Oh also, id buy me some new guitars/amps :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I would have doubled my money backing Dublin to beat Kerry today........that would have been a mistake on mature recollection.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Winning the Lotto would be totally wasted on you. It sounds like your idea of a wild weekend is changing to spearmint flavoured toothpaste...

I'd join the P1 club and snort coke off a bewildering array of supermodels. I'd rent an apartment in a different European city every few months and live out my days driving, touring and partying until I got old or my liver failed...

'cptr

*lol* Spearmint was too cray-zaaaay for me, I'm back on the Aquafresh! ;);)

I'd prefer bank it for a while til I get my head around the surprise of winning :-) But that's just me being ancient and sensible ;-)
    You go & snort away :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭weird

I'd offer life changing financial assistance to some people who could really use it. The only problem would be deciding who to help.

No one really needs millions, in most cases these people who win the lotto go broke.

Of course there are some material possessions I'd like but at the end of the day I really don't need them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I would sort out my family first, then donate some to a few chairties. With the rest, I would buy a holiday house somewhere nice and a few sweet cars. Probably try and buy boards.ie too lol.

Advertisement