If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a price for 2 LED's & 1 HD Freesat Box..

Options
  • 27-07-2009 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi,

I'm looking for the very best price from Richer Sounds (in euros), for the following:

Samsung LED TV UE40B8000 (series 8 LED, 40") x 2no.
    Samsung Wireless dongle (USB dongle), for LED TV x 2no.
    Humax Foxsat HDR PVR 320gb x 1no.

Can you please give me a breakdown of costs for all of the above, including delivery to Dublin.

Thanks.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 gicker1

Sorry, forgot to mention that this post was addressed to JohnMc...:rolleyes:

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

gicker1 wrote: »
    Sorry, forgot to mention that this post was addressed to JohnMc...:rolleyes:

Hiya Gicker and thanks for the post!

Ok we have not had the 8000 in yet but we are expecting them into our main warehouse in the UK 1st week in August.

The retail is £1399.95 and as yet I don't have a firm price on the Wifi donglez!

At present the 8000 is listed as 'in store only' however I'll keep you posted as soon as I see how much stock is available and if it's possible to release them for shipping - I'll get it sorted for you (assuming you want it of course! :))

The Humax (what a nice product) is £249.95 - the humax is a standard next day ship and we would charge £11.99 for that - however if we can ship the whole lot together we would charge £39.90 for fully insured delivery in Dublin.

Alternatively - (and you probably knew I would say this!) you could have a look at the stunning new 42PFL9664H http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pfl9664h_12/42pfl9664h_12_pss_eng.pdf which I can do at just EURO €1379 and it's pretty mega - it is Wifi on board and unlike the Sammy it allows you to openly browse the web - have a look at the baby review from What hifi (they are doing a major review next month I understand) http://whathifi.com/errors/defaulterror.htm?aspxerrorpath=/Video/EXCLUSIVE-NEWS-PREVIEW-Philips-9000-Series-TV/Vidcasts/default.aspx

Anyway, enough ramblings and again thanks for the post and the opportunity to quote!

ATB,

John Mc

I'm

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 bluerhino76

John,

I'll take a 42PFL9664 off you at that price! How much is delivery?

Thanks,

Oliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rman2727

Hi John,

Do you have a price for the 47" version of that Philips Wifi TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frank11

John,
    I don't surpose that sammy 8000 comes in a 37"? or maybe the Philips?
    johnmc wrote: »
    Hiya Gicker and thanks for the post!

Ok we have not had the 8000 in yet but we are expecting them into our main warehouse in the UK 1st week in August.

The retail is £1399.95 and as yet I don't have a firm price on the Wifi donglez!

At present the 8000 is listed as 'in store only' however I'll keep you posted as soon as I see how much stock is available and if it's possible to release them for shipping - I'll get it sorted for you (assuming you want it of course! :))

The Humax (what a nice product) is £249.95 - the humax is a standard next day ship and we would charge £11.99 for that - however if we can ship the whole lot together we would charge £39.90 for fully insured delivery in Dublin.

Alternatively - (and you probably knew I would say this!) you could have a look at the stunning new 42PFL9664H http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pfl9664h_12/42pfl9664h_12_pss_eng.pdf which I can do at just EURO €1379 and it's pretty mega - it is Wifi on board and unlike the Sammy it allows you to openly browse the web - have a look at the baby review from What hifi (they are doing a major review next month I understand) http://whathifi.com/errors/defaulterror.htm?aspxerrorpath=/Video/EXCLUSIVE-NEWS-PREVIEW-Philips-9000-Series-TV/Vidcasts/default.aspx

Anyway, enough ramblings and again thanks for the post and the opportunity to quote!

ATB,

John Mc

I'm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rman2727

Any update John on the 47"?

rman2727 wrote: »
    Any update John on the 47"?

RMan,

apologies fro the delay - don't know how I missed this thread!

Yep the Philips 47" is in late this week/early next week and sells at €1779.

Drop me a line if you are interested as they will be in really short supply unfortunately!

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Also Frank!

We dont stock that Sammy in a 37" but the Philips is available from stock.

Thanks again and please drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc

ATB,

John Mc

John,

Thanks for your reply, I'm interested in the series 8 LED 40", & was just curious to know the date that you expect to get these delivered in to your shop.:confused:

Thanks.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/samsung/ue40b8000/sams-ue40b8000

Latest date into the main warehouse is this week - but I have no firm details on the quantities or due date to Belfast - as soon as I get firm infor I'll keep you posted,

Apologies I cannot be more helpful at this stage,

ATB,

John Mc

• Advertisement

John Mc,

Have you any further information, regarding due date for the UE40b8000 ?

Is it possible to "reserve" the item with yourselves, & collect it within a day or two ?

Thanks for your time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Gicker.

Unfortunately Samsung have moved the goal posts on the arrival of the 8000. It's now been moved to week commencing the 24 August.

Not good news I'm afraid but we are relying on Samsung.

We can't reserve them in the warehouse until they arrive, but we'll do our best once they arrive.

Regards

Dave

Thanks for the response Dave.

Do you know if the price will remain the same, when you do get them in stock . . . . ???
    Currently advertised on Ricker Sounds as UE40B8000 = £1349.95

Also, will you get some wireless Samsung dongles for these TV's ?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frank11

If its on the site for £1349.95 then apply the 10% Boards discount.

Is that correct Dave/John?
    gicker1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the response Dave.

Do you know if the price will remain the same, when you do get them in stock . . . . ???
    Currently advertised on Ricker Sounds as UE40B8000 = £1349.95

Also, will you get some wireless Samsung dongles for these TV's ?

Thanks.

Frank11 wrote: »
    If its on the site for £1349.95 then apply the 10% Boards discount.

Is that correct Dave/John?

Thanks Frank ....But.......Guys,

unfortunately there is no 10% discount for Boardies in Richer Sounds (and there never has been!) we honestly just dont have the margin to give a blanket discount!

As ever we will always do our very best price for Boardies and we will of course always apply our pricebeat in the (hopefully unlikely) event that someone is cheaper than us subject to our T's n C's!

The Philips Shop offers Boardies a 10% discount on MOST items so always check with us for the best price again.

The best price we can do on the 40 8000 is £1349 - but we are not expecting any stock into Belfast until end of August/Start September earliest unfortunately.

ATB,

John Mc

I have to say . . . . . . . fair play to Frank (looking for a :pac:10% discount).

Eddie Hobbs would be proud of him!!!:D

Why stop at 10%, how about throwing in a free blu-ray player, surround sound system (7.1) & a wall-mounting kit!, oh & free delivery to Timbuktu aswell.:eek:

Ya don't try
    Ya don't get

We never mind being asked for a deal!

ATB,

John Mc

PS (the answer is still no!) :P

John,

I was looking for an update, regarding the series 8 LED (40 inch).
    Do you have an exact delivery date yet?

Thanks.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Charles_Godfrey

Now I'm back where I started! I have been trying to decide on a new TV for about 2 months now. I finally make a decision and presto, another great TV comes along.

Is the Philips 42PFL9664 worth the extra money is my question? Its the standard definition side that worries me. I go and spend all that money on a TV then my girlfriend sits down to watch coronation street on ITV and the picture is 10 times worse than the 10 year old Panasonic CRT she has been watching, my life would be hell...!

I had decided on the samsung based on a which report on the previous UE40B7020, the sound was slated but I have a surround sound system so I wasn't bothered about that, but it did get 5 stars for both standard definition and HD...Heeeeeelp.

My other question is price? The thread mentions a price of 1379 euro is this right? The website quotes a higher figure?

Many thanks for any comments/advice

Now I'm back where I started! I have been trying to decide on a new TV for about 2 months now. I finally make a decision and presto, another great TV comes along.

Is the Philips 42PFL9664 worth the extra money is my question? Its the standard definition side that worries me. I go and spend all that money on a TV then my girlfriend sits down to watch coronation street on ITV and the picture is 10 times worse than the 10 year old Panasonic CRT she has been watching, my life would be hell...!

I had decided on the samsung based on a which report on the previous UE40B7020, the sound was slated but I have a surround sound system so I wasn't bothered about that, but it did get 5 stars for both standard definition and HD...Heeeeeelp.

My other question is price? The thread mentions a price of 1379 euro is this right? The website quotes a higher figure?

Many thanks for any comments/advice

Charles,

apologies for the delay in getting back to you and at least with the Sammy 7 and the Philips 9 you are looking at two of the best sets out there! (however the Sammy 8 is better again..)

Whilst I'm not a review slave - the latest What Hi-fi has a supertest of all top end TV and the Philips 42PFL9664 is the overall winner and by a huge margin it was pitched against the following:

Sony 40W5500
    Sony 40V5500
    Samsung UE40B8000
    Panasonic TX-P42S10
    LG 42LH5000
    Toshiba 42XV635D

If you want a copy of the mag the review is in just drop us a PM with your address & we will post you out a copy as it's not online yet.

The price of the 9664 has been a bit up and down as it is being discounted heavily online - the best price I can do at the moment is £1299.95 / €1529.99 delivered. (It is actually reviewed at £1,700 in What Hifi and our cousins in Richer UK sell it at £1699 :eek:)

Again apologies for the delay in getting back to you and please do drop me a line if I can assist in any way.

Thanks again,

John Mc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Charles_Godfrey

Hi John,

Many thanks for the reply. My first question is about the price including delivery, can you deliver to the UK(Warrington, Cheshire) for that price?

Secondly, excuse my ignorance but would I have to pay any extra duty or anything at this end?

Thirdly (if there is such a word)How long would it take to arrive if I ordered one?

Many thanks

Charles

PS Have just read the review of the Philips and it mentions an issue with ghosting? Do you think the Samsung would be better for watching sport than the philips?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.