Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little issue

Options
  • 27-07-2009 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Does anyone ever come across quests that have some kind of glitch?

It's happened to me twice that when I try hand it in at the end, I get disconnected from the server.

The first time, I tried over and over, till eventually it worked.

Now it has happened again with another quest, I've tried abandoning it and re-doing it, I've tried going off and completing other quests and handing those in before returning to hand in the glitchy one.
    Still the same story, when I try to hand this particular one in again, I get disconnected.

I know my connection is dicey at best, but it's always the exact same. I click "complete quest" the NPC's freeze and a few moments later I'm logged off.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Are you using addons like Questhelper or Carbonite? Its quite possible that its an issue with one of them (or similar mod), rather then the quest itself. Try disabling all your addons and handing in the quest. Also check thottbot and the likes, to see if anyone else has trouble with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kyri

Are you using any quest addons like quest helper or carbonite?

Could be an out of date version you are using perhaps causing you to crash when it doesn't like something.

Even if you aren't using any quest addon's try logging out disable all your addons then log back in and try to hand in.

Usually when you get a pause theres a problem with your synch to the server but it shouldn't constantly happen like that unless it is a problem with an addon or your game tbh.

When unsure though I always try the disable all the addons and see if that works if it doesnt make a ticket as there could be something wrong with the quest itself. You could try a quick look at the comments on wowhead or thotbott for the quest see if anyone else is having trouble to.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭smithcity

Nope, I'm not using any add ons. And it's only happening with one particular quest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

tried an ingame ticket, or even checking the quest on wowhead.com, might be some info on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Whats the quest called and reset your interface, that should be the first step.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭smithcity

It's called "Powering our defenses." Interface was on default.
    I've handed in loads of quests since then without any trouble so I don't think it's just because of my dodgy connection.
    I'm not too concerned about it, I'm still very early on in the game, only up to level 15, playing intermittently till proper DSL kicks in.

If it doesn't sort itself out I'll try an ingame ticket if the problem persists after I get my DSL.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Gumble01

What Ivan ment was rename or delete Wtf , Cache , Interface folders in the wow directory, this will reset all of your wow setting video ect.

Advertisement