Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Actors in Mayo - Micro Budget production shooting Westport

Options
  • 27-07-2009 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭

I'm going to be announcing soon a project that may well interest some of you on here.

I can't say too much until the press launch as we're finalising finance at the moment. [But we are talking micro-budget high impact] This will get national and international coverage. Filming will take place in Mayo late August early September and I am writing scripts now. So I want to give people a heads up.

We will be looking for actors - also anyone with any talent whatsoever. The more bonkers the better. [We've got one guy who can dive from cliffs for example] - Actors from Mayo mostly, but all considered. For the moment over 16s only right up to seniors.

We would also be interested in hearing from any techies that may or may not be interested in giving time / advice / whatever. Including web wizards.

At the moment I can't promise any money other than expenses - But I'm not getting paid either - However when I announce the project I think it will get a good deal of interest.

What I will promise is that anyone who does get involved will get looked after.

Anyone interested can send me their CV by <snip>
    First press release will be in approx two weeks time.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

What sort of techies Len, based around Westport so might be able to give ye a hand, only evenings though, so it might be of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Hi YOP

If we take the conversation to email or PM I can explain a bit more.

But the short answer is that we want to make the best production we can with the resources we have got.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

There is an active amateur drama group in Westport. Martin Curry James St used to be involved and may be able to help - once covey week is over.

There should be an article going into the Mayo News this week on it. Comes out Tuesday 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

You could recruit a few of the Mayo team, they are great at diving. Bless them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Roscommon Team better, they got the whole summer free

So have the Mayo team :(

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Fatboydim wrote: »
    So have the Mayo team :(

So does that mean that there are loads of little disappointed drama queens available for this production?

Have to admit though that the referee and officials robbed Mayo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭xochillixo

18 year old girl available until september 14th then every weekend afer that... some amateur acting experience and willling to try anything... shall i send my C.V. on??

Advertisement