Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenilen yoghurts!

Options
  • 27-07-2009 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

I had to post up about this.

I never go mad for particular brands of food, just buy random stuff every now and again. But got these Glenilen yoghurts and they are the most divine yoghurt I've ever eaten. Hardly much sugar in them, just enough (I don't like Greek yoghurts) and a layer of delicious fruits at the bottom.

Straight after eating them I feel wonderful. Went to their website and it seems they have cheesecakes and a few other products so I'm dying to see where I can find them. The place I got the yoghurts doesn't do the rest of the range far as I could make out.

Anyway in a time where so much shelf space is going to generic own name brands I'm actually glad I can get this stuff. Just had to rant about this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Possum66

Hi, have you tried their butter? The best so far I have tasted in Ireland. It was hidden on the top shelf, hardly noticable... but I am so glad I bought it!

Unfortunately my local Dunnes doesn't stock the yoghurts, only the butter, but I am so eager to try them... my friends were much impressed by their quality. A great company!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,053 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Their cheesecake is the best shop bought cheesecake I've ever tasted.

And their pots of double cream.......sinful and I'm not a big cream fan!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

I'm going to try a couple of places for their cheesecake tomorrow actually!
    Anyone know where to get them in Galway by the way? I'm going to pop into McCambridge's.

Was watching the Entrepreneur programme last night and they featured Glenisk. I used to like Glenisk and they were what I bought, but after Glenilen, there is no going back for me yoghurts wise. If Glenilen get big, there won't be the same market for Glenisk anymore.

Yeah, I have to do with Glenisk till I discover a source of Glenilen yoghurts around here :)

(Was watching this new programme, Higher Ground on RTE, and they mentioned that the ide of Glenisk started with two goats they had got as gifts :) And now there is a huge warehouse and processing line etc...)

pog it wrote: »
    Was watching the Entrepreneur programme last night and they featured Glenisk. I used to like Glenisk and they were what I bought, but after Glenilen, there is no going back for me yoghurts wise. If Glenilen get big, there won't be the same market for Glenisk anymore.

Just realized I am talking about the same program ... found it quite useful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

Anyone know where to get them in Galway by the way? I'm going to pop into McCambridge's.

You can get them in Supervalu stores and yes they're yum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,053 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I was in the Glenisk factory - amazing place and really nice, family run company. They only use their own milk and its a quality product but I just don't like their yoghurt - I find it slightly powdery, grainy and not really smooth (and I don't mean bits of fruit).
    Glenilen or Lidl Greekstyle for me! Tesco Greek Style is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Glenilen Yoghurts - Yum

But anyone who likes Yoghurt should try Kilowen Yoghurt. It is seriously seriously good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Joyce's in Knocknacara does loads of their stuff and Mortons used to do it, havn't been in there for a while but Im assuming they still do.

Their raspberry mousse is yummy

Got the Glenilen SummerFruits Cheesecake Friday evening, everyone (well three others who I shared it with!) was really impressed with it, the bisque bottom was perfect width, it was all about the wobbly bit :) Delicious. 6.20 was a bit steep in a way despite the relative tinyness of the cake but it was worth it.. hard to believe it wasn't out of a bakery.

Next up is the butter and cream though I'm afraid there'll be no going back after I've tried them and it's quite hard to get your hands on their products!

Also, I so want to try their raspberry mousse and the liquer cheesecake!

• Advertisement

anewme wrote: »
    Glenilen Yoghurts - Yum

But anyone who likes Yoghurt should try Kilowen Yoghurt. It is seriously seriously good.

Cool.

I had no idea I could get so into yoghurts!

but I just don't like their yoghurt - I find it slightly powdery, grainy and not really smooth (and I don't mean bits of fruit).
    Glenilen or Lidl Greekstyle for me! Tesco Greek Style is good too.

Really? I am surprised because the smoothness of their yoghurt that have got me hooked... and the taste... Never tried the fruity ones, though.

Anyway we managed to get our hands on some Glenilen yoghurts last night - they are really really good! I love the little pots, too, will reuse them to keep leftover eggwhites and stuff... I was told in Dunnes, Cornelscourt that they deliver once weekly, every Wednesday morning. We bought the last two pots :-)

Tonights treat is the cheesecakes... can hardly wait.

AAArgh! So annoyed. McCambridges are charging 1.75 for Glenilen yoghurts. One yoghurt. They are 1.44 each in Tesco and Glenilen say on their website that the current yoghurt jars are smaller than before but that they have passed the cut in price accordingly to the retailers and it is then up to retailer to follow suit!

McCambridges were never ones to go easy price wise on customers, they will charge the highest they can, but this is really unfair to customers - it's a huge mark-up and when I asked one of the girls working there they couldn't help me and no manager was around.

Shame cause they stock practically the whole glenilen range. Definitely not going back there again.

:(

Advertisement