Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should Renault Have Been Banned

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

RayM wrote: »
    They should be fined heavily and excluded from receiving points in the Constructors' Championship for three races. In a season where there are only twenty cars, reducing the grid to eighteen (and excluding a two-time champion from his home GP) would be detrimental not just to Renault, but also to the sport itself.

+1 Exactly my view on this verbatim.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

and excluding a two-time champion from his home GP)

What has that got to do with leaving a wheel loose... the ban is against the team not the driver. The driver is free to find another drive, Bernie wanted him in a Ferrari.

The word is his contract, Alonso, that the team must supply him a car for each GP.....

Oblomov wrote: »
    The word is his contract, Alonso, that the team must supply him a car for each GP.....

ooh, very interesting...where does this source come from!?

HERE:
    The AS report claims that, by incurring the penalty, Renault - which intends to appeal the verdict - broke a "basic commitment" enshrined in Alonso's contract; that the French carmaker must offer the two-time world champion a cockpit at every grand prix in 2009.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Maybe he can watch from his cockpit in the grandstand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

HERE:

Unless you can quote Alonso or his manager then chances are its bull****. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mad dave

there are a lot of qoutes going around in this post.
    this has come into the spotlight because of the surtees and the massa incident. in a way, i agree that they should have let him know straight away and maybe they did? worse things have happened than this in f1 and it's just a pity that it's happened to renault on the lead up to a home gp for them.
    the majority vote is that they shouldnt be banned from the next race.

i hope they get to race myself.

- alonso fan - .

The International Court of Appeal will hear the case against Renault's suspension from the European grand prix on the Monday before the Valencia race.

The FIA on Thursday confirmed the August 17 hearing will take place in Paris at 10am, explaining that a decision is likely to be published on the following afternoon.

By Evil Monkey
    I think Alonso could have continued in the race but retired to get a free gearbox change for Valencia and save the engine.

Unless you can quote Alonso or his manager then chances are its bull****.

• Advertisement

By Evil Monkey
    I think Alonso could have continued in the race but retired to get a free gearbox change for Valencia and save the engine.

Yeah my opinion, i never claimed it wasn't bull****.
    A bit different to be quoting from someone's contract. :confused:

Yeah my opinion, i never claimed it wasn't bull****.

Source : AS.com

A bit different to be quoting from someone's contract.

Really..... ?

Source : AS.com

A bit different to be quoting from someone's contract.

Really..... ?

Thats what i was calling bull****. ;)

Date Set for the Appeal:

A date has been set for the FIA International Court of Appeal hearing into Renault’s suspension from the European Grand Prix. It will take place in Paris on August 17, the Monday before the Valencia race, with a verdict expected the following day.

Renault were handed the punishment at last weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix. The team were found at fault for allowing driver Fernando Alonso to leave the pits with a wheel that hadn’t been properly secured. When Alonso returned to the track, the front-right wheel eventually worked its way loose.

Budapest stewards said they believed Renault had knowingly released Alonso without one of the retaining devices for the wheel-nuts being securely in position; that being aware of this, the team had failed to take any action to prevent the car from leaving the pit lane; and that they had then failed to inform the driver of this problem or to advise him to take appropriate action given the circumstances.

If the team’s appeal fails, both the Spaniard and team mate Nelson Piquet will be forced to sit out the European meeting, which will take place on August 21-23.

From Here

I hope they ban is revoked and some sort of logical compromise reached.

Common sense prevails
    The Renault F1 Team has been authorised to participate in this weekend's European Grand Prix at Valencia

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090817181053.shtml

Whoooohooo!

Some minor reason to watch following all the hype & glitter that swiftly burned out!

It'll have to be some race to NOT be disappointing based on what a lot had envisaged.

• Advertisement

Yes, I am happy to see Renault race. I hate it went there are less cars racing - Remember the Michelin tyre fiasco in USA 2005 - 6 cars racing - whippee doo.

and now Groosjean has been confirmed, I hope the Boardsie setting up the race competition will put Alonso and Grossjean head to head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I don't think they should be banned.

No constructor points in next race or better yet, next time a car finishes in the points, they don't get the points in case they just don't finish in the points :D

Advertisement