Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Listen to RTE on iphone

• 27-07-2009 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

Want to listen to radio 1 on my iphone.

Rte don't have a media player i think and there site is only set up for real player and windows media. any advice or help ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

WunderRadio will do it for you.

Plus a load of other radio stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭smackyB

+1 for WunderRadio. Worth the fiver many times over and is the only radio app to reliably play BBC radio streams as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Soot-fan

Try FStream its free. Then add your favourite radio stations.

The url for Rte is:

http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/live/radio/radio1.asx.

I'm looking for the url for 'Talk Sport'. If anyone has a working one please post it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

fstream is doing the biz for free, sweet for the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭aka_Ciaran

Roughly how much data would be used by listening to a typical radio stream, say for an hour? Would this be expensive if you break whatever data limit is on your data add-on, or don't have a data add-on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

aka_Ciaran wrote: »
    Roughly how much data would be used by listening to a typical radio stream, say for an hour? Would this be expensive if you break whatever data limit is on your data add-on, or don't have a data add-on?

Taking a 32 kbps stream, it's approx. 4Kb per second. Multiply that by 60 = 240Kb per minute x 60 = 14400 Kb per hour, which is approx. 14Mb.

It would be damn expensive to go over your limit, 2c per Kb, so streaming a 32kbps stream would cost you 4 cent per second.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

smackyB wrote: »
    +1 for WunderRadio. Worth the fiver many times over and is the only radio app to reliably play BBC radio streams as well..

Can you listen to premiership games on Radio 5 or do they block it like when you listen online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Taking a 32 kbps stream, it's approx. 4Kb per second. Multiply that by 60 = 240Kb per minute x 60 = 14400 Kb per hour, which is approx. 14Mb.

It would be damn expensive to go over your limit, 2c per Kb, so streaming a 32kbps stream would cost you 4 cent per second.

:)

Well with basic useage i'm still at almost 900 MB as i have wifi at home and on the move in hotels etc.

So thats about 57 hrs of radio for 800 MB, that suits me perfectly !!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭King Ian

Tom Dunne wrote: »

So on my O2 plan of 1 gig per month.......I could get 73 hours of radio?

(1024/14)

Not bad I suppose since I'd be listening to 30 hrs a month at an absolute maximum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

Try FStream its free. Then add your favourite radio stations.

The url for Rte is:

http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/live/radio/radio1.asx.

What did you put in for Format and Bitrate? Did a bit of searching for streaming addresses but no luck:(, is there a list of the Irish ones handy?

Thanks

EDIT: Found a list for RTE and RTE Digital Radio here: http://markmccabeblog.blogspot.com/2008/10/rte-digital-radio-finally-arrives-on.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

mika27 wrote: »
    Can you listen to premiership games on Radio 5 or do they block it like when you listen online?

Obviously can't check at the moment (roll on August!) but I'm pretty sure it's blocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

Want to listen to radio 1 on my iphone.

Rte don't have a media player i think and there site is only set up for real player and windows media. any advice or help ?

tunin fm lite works
    http://w3.tunin.fm/iphoneplayer_uk.html

go to all stations & scroll / search for rte

2fm, 2xm, choice, gold, junior, lyric fm, pulse, radio1 & radio1 extra are all there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

chrislad wrote: »
    Obviously can't check at the moment (roll on August!) but I'm pretty sure it's blocked.

It is blocked! (Cos they use the internet stream)

Tunin is a great free app for radio including all RTE Stations

• Registered Users Posts: 16 brayman

Recently all RTE stations have stopped working on my Tunin on my iPhone, anyone have any idea why.
    I have deleted the app and re-installed bur still no luck !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

brayman wrote: »
    Recently all RTE stations have stopped working on my Tunin on my iPhone, anyone have any idea why.

Just tried Tunein on Android and 2fm working fine, check if it's just Rte stations or all stations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

brayman wrote: »

Same is happening for me on Tunein app just for rte channels. Working fine on rte radio player app though so probably a problem with the Tunin stream for rte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

RTE have adverts on the radio currently about having to retune your digital radio as they have changed something. At a guess it's probably related to this.

Ring Joe Duffy for help.

Ah, really don"t want to disturb Joe Duffy while he sorts out the state of the nation.
    The RTE stations working fine on Tunin on Samsung android phone and on Tunin on my Samsung Smart TV but not on my iPhone.

I get an Error message: No entries in playlist.

I have asked a friend and they have the same problem with iPhone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Anyone find Tunein buffers like crazy, just when you are listening to something interesting. It drives me nuts.

Anyhow, there is a newish app out "RTE Radio 1"

It's really good, live, podcasts, and news.

Thanks, I have that App and as you say it is good but I use Tunein a lot when I travel and It"s handy for all BBC stations.
    I find the buffeting depends on the WI/FI signal

• Advertisement
Advertisement