Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyebrow tattoo

Options
  • 27-07-2009 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm asking for my mother who is a GP and was reading some medical journal piece recently about cancer patients who when they loose their hair due to their chemotherapy treatment have their eyebrows tattooed on. She has a few patients who would be interested in this but she knows nothing about tattoos and doesn't know the first place to start asking. She had this mad idea of training to do them herself but I think she'd be alot better of finding a good tattooist to recommend to patients.

I know alot of tattoo artists won't do facial tattoos but is there anyone in Ireland who does eyebrow tattoos and who would be ok with answering some questions from a doctor on the whole process?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Best advice is to ring up or go into some places yourself with your mother and see? Very few people here are in the industry so not much point really. Going in in person is always the best bet for anything

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Will wrote: »
    Best advice is to ring up or go into some places yourself with your mother and see? Very few people here are in the industry so not much point really. Going in in person is always the best bet for anything

Was hoping to get some names to try ringing and sorting a face to face meet up rather then just cold calling out of a phone book, as my mum is based in Tipperary and I would assume the better artists for that type of work would be based in Dublin. I've seen the work of the local tattoo place and wouldn't let them tattoo my back let alone my face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

wildcat, classic ink, colourworks, zulu2, connected ink, snakebite to name just a few and all based in the city centre here. There are more but can't remember all their names...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055505603

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

AFAIK, it'd be a high tech beauticians, or cosmetic surgery clinics who'd be the best person to get in touch with for the likes of this. A quick Google turned up this which might be a good starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 GirlCake

Heya, the eyebrow tattooing you have heard about it totally different from normal tattooing, the ink is different and doesn't go as deep under the skin. It lasts for approx. 2-5 years instead of.. Well, forever. Google cosmetic tattooing Ireland and places will come up. For the eyebrows it costs between 300 and 700 euro.. Hope this helped.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

I wonder if they'd do 'Amanda Palmer' style eyebrows.

Advertisement