Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any church of ireland in Galway/Clare?

Options
  • 27-07-2009 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Is there any church of ireland in Galway/Clare???
    I moved in Gort and need to know where is church of ireland in Galway or Clare near "Gort". Also National school or Pre school / Primary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

I know there is one in Tuam.
    Ballinasloe: Church of Ireland (Ballinasloe), Ballinasloe, Co. Galway

In Galway City: St. Nicholas Collegiate Church, Market Street, Galway

There's one in Ennis too on Sunday's at 11.30 in Ennis Cathedral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 riverfilly

Ballinasloe too far for me.... What about ennis??? is there any church of ireland??? Thank you for reply...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

You are a half an hour from Galway City, Ennis isn't any closer. Galway City is your best bet, regular bus services in and out too for €5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 PhotosMobilePho

St. Columba's Church, Bindon St., Ennis, Co.Clare.
    Canon Bob Hanna
    Tel: 065 6820109
    (It is not a cathedral as stated in one of the above posts)

There is also a church in Kilfenora, Co.Clare,
    but I think it only has monthly services and is also very far from Gort.

St. John's School, Drumgeely, Shannon, Co.Clare
    is a Church of Ireland school but it is too far from Gort.

St. Nicholas School, Galway City
    http://www.stnicholasparochialschool.com/

There isn't any Church of Ireland school in Ennis,
    but there is an Educate Together school (non-denominational) Gort Road, Ennis.

There were many Church of Ireland churches in towns and villages in the past, but most of them were closed in the last 50 years or so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

ardrahan ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

There's an Educate Together National School in Kilcolgan, just up the road from Gort. Educate Together is multi-deniminational, catering for children from all faiths and none.

I think there might be a CofI church in Loughrea as well? There is one also in Portumna, with service each week at 10.30.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 riverfilly

thank you for all those detail. it great help in www.board.ie it was great and very handy very useful very helpful. great hint great advice detail information thank you all...

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

the one in Loughrea is long gone but there's definitely one in Ardrahan, but I know nothing about times etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Yes there is one in Ardrahan ... 7miles from Gort on the Galway side of the main Galway Ennis Road. I pass by there so I'll see if I can see and times for you.

Edit:

Just found this online

"Ardrahan Church, built in 1809 stands beside the main Galway to Limerick Road in the village of Ardrahan. The church was closed for a number of years due to falling numbers but was re-opened mid-1996 and has been extensively restored since then. The Rector, Rev. George Flynn resides in Aughrim. Services are held in Ardrahan on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month. The 1st is Morning Prayer and the 3rd is Holy Communion both commencing at 10.00am. Other seasonal services are held during the year. "

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭RANIA

the loughrea COI ibuilding is now the public library

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Some here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 aughrim1691

There is indeed a church of Ireland in Ardrahan, services are held 1st and 3rd sundays, the Rector Rev George Flynn takes communion services on the 3rd Sunday and The 1st Sunday is morning prayer, Ardrahan are celebrating 200 years this year 1809 - 2009, and have a series of fund raising events. The group of parishes to which Ardrahan belong hold a family service on the 5th sunday when one occurs, this month (Aug) the family service will be in Ardrahan @11.oo Sunday 30th Aug and is followed by a (bring your own) picnic in Coole park, it is a very pleasant event and please feel free to join in , make yourself known to the rector and let him take it from there

Advertisement