Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Before I forget

Options
  • 27-07-2009 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭

Books I have read 2009

The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
    The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
    Stardust - Neil Gaiman
    Revolutionary Road - Richard Yeats
    The Road - Cormac McCarthy
    The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nigh-time - Mark Haddon
    Tearing down the wall of sound-the rise and fall of Phil Spector - Mick Brown
    When Giants walked the Earth-A biography of Led Zeppelin - Mick Wall
    Girl with a Pearl Earring - Tracy Chevalier
    By the River Piedra I sat down and wept - Paulo Coelho
    Back From the Brink-Autobiography - Paul McGrath
    Divisidero - Michael Ondaatje

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

High Fidelity - Nick Hornby
    Kingdom Of Fear - Hunter S Thompson (I read half the book)

Currently reading The book of Lost Things by John Connelly.

Finished The Book of Lost Things - hated it.

Onto The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy now - loving it :D

Read 'The House at Riverton' by Kate Morton over the weekend. I really enjoyed it, an easy read and page turner.
    The guide to the galaxy continues...
    :)

Finished 'The Reader' by Bernard Schlink.
    I enjoyed the first 2/3 found the last 1/3 a drag. I didnt like it much at all.

I read the Damned United, and it was brilliant! I really loved his style of writing. It makes me want to delve further into the likes of Brian Cloughs Biography.

Now I'm halfway through A Thousand Splendid Suns, it's a good read so far. Next on my list is The Kite Runner.

• Advertisement

Finished A thousand Splendid Suns - I loved it, although it is harrowing.

Reading memoirs of a geisha now.

Finished Memoirs of a Geisha, I liked it in parts it makes me want to read more about Japan and Geisha but I didnt enjoy or care much about the characters so it lost me and dragged a lot.

Now I'm reading the Kite Runner, feels like an old friend in comparison :)

Finished the kite runner - it is a brilliant book.

Now reading The Blackwater Lightship by Colm Tobin and Sorting out Billy by Jo Brand.

Finished The Toibin book, I really liked it and would recommend it.

Now reading The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and Sorting Out Billy.

Finished GWTDT - I didnt enjoy it, not my thing at all and I fell for the hype I have to say (I have The Girl who Played with Fire here to read!)
    but, for now I'm onto Shutter Island which came highly recommended by my sister. I intended to read it before it leaves the cinemas but I doubt I'll manage that.

Sorting out Billy will probably be shelved for a while :)

• Advertisement

Finished Shutter Island, a chilling mystery. Looking forward to watching the movie. :)

Next up is Jacob's Room by Virginia Woolf

Finished Jacobs room a while ago, an interesting read, I might go back to it again some time.

I've just read No and Me by Delphin De Vigan, it's a good book, really good idea and it ticks along nicely but it could have been better, I didn't feel the characters were fleshed out enough.

Currently reading Mrs. Dalloway and The History of Love.

(I also read half a book about women and the history of psychology which i've forgotten the name of :o)
    Edit - Mad, Bad and Sad by Lisa Appignanesi - I will go back to that when I'm finished reading Woolfe

I read some of the girl who played with fire but it's utter sh1t so I moved on to Wuthering Heights! A good book but not one I'd rave over.
    Next up was a crime thriller - not a genre I read but it was very good, entertaining and well written.
    Now i'm reading 1984!

Recently read - Solar by Ian McEwan, 1984 by George Orwell, Catcher in the Rye by J.D Salinger and Star of the Sea by Joseph O'Connor.
    Also a portion of John the Revelator by Peter Murphy, must return to that.

Advertisement