Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hill walking

Options
  • 27-07-2009 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

just wondering if there is anyone in the midland area interested in going hill walking on most weekends?.does any one know any hillwalking clubs that go out most weekends... cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

johnny 71 wrote: »
    just wondering if there is anyone in the midland area interested in going hill walking on most weekends?.does any one know any hillwalking clubs that go out most weekends... cheers

I would if I was fit :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

You don't need to be fit. There's tons of easy routes you can take, no matter where you're walking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Tallon, and anyone else, just to say again, you seriously don't need to be in anyway fit to go hillwalking. When I started I was the laziest, least fit bastard you'll ever meet. I managed 22-odd Km over Djouce and Luggala, slept in a tent and managed another 13 the next day.

I was physically knackered and madly underprepared (I was wearing a ****ing Hawaiian shirt) and I still made it. I enjoyed it, too. I didn't have any fancy gear, and couldn't run 400m if my life depended on it, and I still did it.

**** off with the I'm not fit enough excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭notnem

I met some people over the weekend that were part of a facebook group (Challenge Walkers or something). They said it was a great group and very relaxed. I couldn't find it on facebook but maybe somebody here could point you in the right direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Jambon

I'd agree with the fact that you can start with low fitness levels and really if u have boots that don't cut you and comfortable clothes you need only water proofs in case the sun doesn't shine :-) it's a great sport anyone can enjoy at all levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Redd Rose

I'd love to join a Hillwalking Group from Carlow/ Kildare. Is there any? It would be nice to meet locally and share the drive..

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Advertisement