Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City FC issued Wind up Order

• 27-07-2009 2:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭

Just posted on ccfcforum.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

RIP

Best of luck to the fans in setting up the new club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭radiospan

Shocking stuff.

Some are saying that because this financial mess seems never ending lately, it would be better to wind up and the fans / FORAS start up a new club from scratch but only time will tell.

Following City for 13 years or so, ran a City website for 7 years, so so sad if they've seen their last game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

This is not official yet. I am pretty sure that if a winding order is to be issued it has not happened as of yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Sad to see them go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

I work in a newsroom. It's after coming down on the wires. it's official.

Is this it? Is there a way of appeal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

its official !!!

What is the source on this? I really hope ye are either taking the piss or wrong info has gone out as of a result of some guy posting it on the CCFC forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Its offfical - its on all the radio stations :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Genuinely feel sorry for the fans, and I mean that.

Honestly thought the FAI would step in.

With the support base and the ground, there will probably be a new club. Let's hope it's a members club and sensibly managed venture this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

wow terrible news very sad for the fans, such a shame that they didnt learn there lessons from past mistakes.

• Advertisement

First web report on this I think: http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/2256/

96FM said we have until Friday, and if the appeal is rejected (almost certain), the club will be wound up 21 days from then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

We have until Friday says the judge.

1 Last chance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I can't seem to get onto ccfc forum ATM for some reason but i was on it a couple of hours ago.

Apparently the revenue and coughlan were unable to reach an agreement on payment and a decision was to be made at 2pm.

The revenue put in a huge objection to the 5 day stay. If something does not happen in the meantime, the club gets wound up 21 days from Friday.

Numb and probably about to puke.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    wow terrible news very sad for the fans, such a shame that they didnt learn there lessons from past mistakes.

I would'nt blame the fans to be honest. Coughlan thought he could get away with messing the revenue around.

I still can't believe the club may be gone.:(

If there's any consolation from this at least now we can start a club run by the fans so people like Coughlan or Arkaga won't be able to get their grubby mits on our team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

fri is to appeal - winding up order issued today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Jaysis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Scien wrote: »
    Sad to hear this...

Had many great nights in the Shed as a teenager.
    What will happen to Turners Cross and all that investment?

The Munster SL own the ground, so the next Cork team will play there.

I would'nt blame the fans to be honest. Coughlan thought he could get away with messing the revenue around.

he wasn't blaming the fans.

• Advertisement

City are such a big part of my life, my stomach is in bits.:(

We have a small lifeline.

Big fingers need pointing at the FAI here.

How the blue fúck did CCFC get a licence?

Jokeshop league at it again.

circus1.jpg

Remember John Delaney doing an interview when they took over the league talking about how the Shels fiasco would not happen under their watch.

18 months later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Yep :'-(
    Sad day
    RIP Rebel Army

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Very sad news. Sorry guys :(

This is not the end. Somthing will happen between now and then. Some White Knight with deep pockets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

It'd be nice if people didn't take this opportunity to do their Nelson Munz impression at the expense of CCFC fans who are clearly upset at the proceedings.

Show a bit of class.

Can Foras have an EGM before Friday?

How much is there in the kitty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

...about time. Now hopefully this can pave the way for a tax abiding, wage paying club run by FORAS.

• Advertisement

Can Foras have an EGM before Friday?

How much is there in the kitty?

I think they have around 50-70k. Coughlan seems to be unwilling to work with FORAS but given the situation he might cop on and let them help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Could they do what Shams did, put the team into the hands of a supporters trust?

Athlone has the patrons scheme which saved the club when we were about 36 hours from a wind up order.

Surely SOMETHING can be done.

Worst thing is that this just the start, next it's Bohs and Derry and Galway are in the ****s now too.

I think they have around 50-70k. Coughlan seems to be unwilling to work with FORAS but given the situation he might cop on and let them help.

How much is owed?

Something like 200k?

If you can play the sympathy card, like Drogs did, say the fans are behind the tea etc etc, then an appeal might work out.

But, if no tax has been paid by Coughlan, the courts will run out of whatever patience they have left.

I hope something can be done.

If CCFC is wound up, I hope the fans don't abandon the LoI altogether, and get something up and running asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Sad to hear, fans with no club, players with no jobs.
    League is shown up as a farce once again.

To be fair, the judge sounds like she's trying to give the club a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

sorry i ment they as in the owners.

i really feel for all the fans who were brilliant had a couple of great days out against cork in a few cup finals and the cork fans were always brilliant.

hopefully some sort of saviour appears from somewhere

Des wrote: »
    How much is owed?

Something like 200k?

If you can play the sympathy card, like Drogs did, say the fans are behind the tea etc etc, then an appeal might work out.

But, if no tax has been paid by Coughlan, the courts will run out of whatever patience they have left.

I hope something can be done.

If CCFC is wound up, I hope the fans don't abandon the LoI altogether, and get something up and running asap.

Well there was supposed to be around 120k raised from the sale of Behan and Healy with 50k from the match against Ipswich.

That with the FORAS money would cover the 200k.

But wages have to be payed at the end of the month and further installments to the revenue in the following months.

• Advertisement

sorry i ment they as in the owners.

i really feel for all the fans who were brilliant had a couple of great days out against cork in a few cup finals and the cork fans were always brilliant.

Sorry, my bad, i misread your previous post.:o

Hopefully someone wealthy might help the club but there was'nt many people coming forward to help last year so i would'nt pin my on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Well there was supposed to be around 120k raised from the sale of Behan and Healy with 50k from the match against Ipswich.

That with the FORAS money would cover the 200k.

But wages have to be payed at the end of the month and further installments to the revenue in the following months.

What players are left to sell? surely Gamble would be worth a gamble from the likes of leeds or carlisle in league one? Both clubs have a bit of dosh, even leicester city would make use of it.

he has to be worth 50 atleast? then there are a few others whould be league 1 level.

sell the feck out of the squad, doesnt matter if all you are left with is under 18's it's about survival at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

There is nearly 3000 of them in Turner's Cross every match.

The time for traditional "saviours" in the LOI is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Bohemians will be the next to croak, I'm afraid.

Bohemians will be the next to croak, I'm afraid.

Again, you have to look to John Delaney here.

Why were the clubs facilitated with PD licences, when they clearly could not afford to be there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

stovelid wrote: »
    There is nearly 3000 of them in Turner's Cross every match.

The time for traditional "saviours" in the LOI is over.

Fan run clubs is the only way forward for LOI clubs or any club in a small league!

I spent a couple of years living in Cork, went to many a game, the money trouble has been in the pipeline for about 5-6 years,

its a sad sight, but another cork club will come from this, run by the fans!

and we all saw this at the start of the season and yet they were allowed to sign players on decent wages:confused:

FAI need to have a look at themselves!

Seaneh wrote: »
    What players are left to sell? surely Gamble would be worth a gamble from the likes of leeds or carlisle in league one? Both clubs have a bit of dosh, even leicester city would make use of it.

he has to be worth 50 atleast? then there are a few others whould be league 1 level.

sell the feck out of the squad, doesnt matter if all you are left with is under 18's it's about survival at this stage.

The thing is clubs might not bother paying for players that they might be able to get for nothing in a couple of weeks.

Seaneh wrote: »
    What players are left to sell?
    Gamble, Mezeckis, Kudozovic would all command transfer fees, I'd say. No way we'd get enough to pay €300k back from them though.

Will we just be deducted 15 points, or are we automatically relegated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

The thing is clubs might not bother paying for players that they might be able to get for nothing in a couple of weeks.
    +1
    Gambles agent will be the only one getting calls about his availability im afraid

Like a few years ago when reading signed lads on the cheap or Everton took Colman off Sligo Rovers for peanuts (with decent add ons tbf)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

They failed to run their business prudently and got themselves in to difficulties. The judge has been lenient in giving them stays thus far but enough is enough. If there was to be a saviour they would have stepped in by now but in fairness there isn't going to be many takers for a loss making LOI club at the minute.
    It's sad for the fans of course.

Will we just be deducted 15 points, or are we automatically relegated?

Winding up order surely means the club will no longer exist?

But yeah, if a saviour does show up, it SHOULD be automatic demotion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Cork will cease to exist, so no points deduction or relegation – just no more Cork City FC.

However, the fact that it's the Munster FA that own Turners Cross and not Cork City means that there is room for a Cork team to take the place of Cork City FC. Their fans group FORAS have been heavily fund raising and may be in position to found a new Cork team for entry in the A Championship or even First Division.

Statement from the club:
    Following High Court proceedings today, Cork City FC has been given until Friday to settle its liabilities to the Revenue. The club is doing everything within its power to settle these liabilities and asks that our supporters and the people of Cork get behind us to help us to save the club. It is the intention of the club to continue trading and we are determined to do everything in our power to overcome this hurdle.

At this time, the support of all is vital to us emerging from this situation and the continuation of League of Ireland football in Cork. As we look ahead to Friday night’s game against Bray Wanderers at Turner’s Cross, we ask the people of Cork to come out and support the team and buy tickets for the game in advance of Friday through our kiosk in Daunt Square and our club store at 22 Sullivan’s Quay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Cork will cease to exist, so no points deduction or relegation – just no more Cork City FC.

Yup a winding up order means pull down the shutters because your closed!

As Dr Cox would say: "wrap it up newbie"

• Advertisement
Advertisement