Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitten needing a home ASAP

• 27-07-2009 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

I've posted this in Animals & Pets aswell as I'm desperate!

I have the most beautiful, friendly, playful kitten that I picked up off a busy road 2 weeks ago. Unfortuantly I have 2 other cats and one of them is not taking to the new arrival - she has stopped coming into the house and is not eating very well (very nervous). So I have to put her first as I have her nearly 2 years. Because I had intended on keeping him he's flead, wormed and vaccinated. He is approx 10 weeks old. I'm in Athlone but can travel. I've called him Billy. Serious Cat lovers only please!
    Here's some pics:

Pic3-1.jpg

Pic1-1.jpg

Pic2-1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You posted that in Animals and Pets and in the Westmeath forum so that accounts for your total number of posts, please go away and advertise your unwanted kitten somewhere else, it's not like you have any interest in boards other than as a free billboard.

Seriously, if this place get taken over by lost pets/unwanted kittens then we won't have room for discussions of any kind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Get in contact with the OP in this post

Seems like stray cats in Westmeath are well looked after. Wormed and vaccinated. Ye guys should start a club

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

coylemj wrote: »
    You posted that in Animals and Pets and in the Westmeath forum so that accounts for your total number of posts, please go away and advertise your unwanted kitten somewhere else, it's not like you have any interest in boards other than as a free billboard.

Seriously, if this place get taken over by lost pets/unwanted kittens then we won't have room for discussions of any kind.

You'd wanna be doing a Christopher Reeves there Ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Dee_animallover

coylemj wrote: »

Jeez are you bothered or what?

Actually I am on this board for a few years - I joined under a new name to post this as I would be easily identifiable to anyone that knows me and seeing as I had posted about personal issues, I didnt want them to read them. That ok?

Get in contact with the OP in this post

Seems like stray cats in Westmeath are well looked after. Wormed and vaccinated. Ye guys should start a club

Yes I did see that thread - not really sure what your point is? As I said we had planned on keeping him so that is why he is vacced etc. I wouldnt think twice about bringing a rescue/stray to a vet ASAP. I have 2 other cats and 2 dogs - all stays that we took in. Nice to know there are actually SOME people out there who give a sh!t about animals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Try adverts.ie

I dont know anyone wanting a kitten.

I know people trying to get rid of them though, my sisters cat had 4.

She sent one to Limerick and one to Cork.

The chineese resturant took the other 2.

Yes I did see that thread - not really sure what your point is? As I said we had planned on keeping him so that is why he is vacced etc. I wouldnt think twice about bringing a rescue/stray to a vet ASAP. I have 2 other cats and 2 dogs - all stays that we took in. Nice to know there are actually SOME people out there who give a sh!t about animals.

Yes it is nice to know alright. I happen to be one of these people. I have a cat who I found on my farm. His mother had fallen from a loft and died. She left 3 kittens behind that didn't even have their eyes open. Only 1 survived when I had them at home. I fed my cat with drops of milk from my finger. That was the 3rd time I'd tried saved kittens on our farm, and the 3rd time I managed to have some success.

But thanks for assuming I don't "give a sh!t about animals". Good solid work done by you before posting a sweeping statement based nothing more than an opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

But thanks for assuming I don't "give a sh!t about animals". Good solid work done by you before posting a sweeping statement based nothing more than an opinion.

Nothing like a cuddly little kitten to bring out the goodness in people.

Meeowww!

Yes it is nice to know alright. I happen to be one of these people. I have a cat who I found on my farm. His mother had fallen from a loft and died. She left 3 kittens behind that didn't even have their eyes open. Only 1 survived when I had them at home. I fed my cat with drops of milk from my finger. That was the 3rd time I'd tried saved kittens on our farm, and the 3rd time I managed to have some success.

:rolleyes: I somehow find it hard to believe that someone who "fed my cat with drops of milk from my finger" would have a hard time believing/understanding why someone would bring a kitten to the vet even if they werent going to keep it :D

I've posted this in Animals & Pets aswell as I'm desperate!

I have the most beautiful, friendly, playful kitten that I picked up off a busy road 2 weeks ago. Unfortuantly I have 2 other cats and one of them is not taking to the new arrival - she has stopped coming into the house and is not eating very well (very nervous). So I have to put her first as I have her nearly 2 years. Because I had intended on keeping him he's flead, wormed and vaccinated. He is approx 10 weeks old. I'm in Athlone but can travel. I've called him Billy. Serious Cat lovers only please!
    Here's some pics:

Pic3-1.jpg

Pic1-1.jpg

Pic2-1.jpg

UPDATE - Have decided to keep him as things are improving with my other cat :):)

• Advertisement

:rolleyes: I somehow find it hard to believe that someone who "fed my cat with drops of milk from my finger" would have a hard time believing/understanding why someone would bring a kitten to the vet even if they werent going to keep it :D

I don't see why ya'd spend money on something you weren't going to keep. Simple economics. Its just a waste

I don't see why ya'd spend money on something you weren't going to keep. Simple economics. Its just a waste

Well you see, thats the big difference - I dont see it as a waste! To me its not a waste to want to make sure the animal is healthy etc even if you only have it a short time. Anyway in my case its not a waste as I'm keeping him :)

Animals were healthy, and still are without having to spend cash on some vet to give it a jab.

This may sound cruel, but its a pet. You don't need it. Its not an investment. And if it dies, ya'll be damn sure another cat will be around your house for you to adopt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Animals were healthy, and still are without having to spend cash on some vet to give it a jab.

This may sound cruel, but its a pet. You don't need it. Its not an investment. And if it dies, ya'll be damn sure another cat will be around your house for you to adopt.

It is cruel but so not true roosterman, we had a doggie at home for 14 years and he died last year:(:(
    the mother still can't bring herself to get another dog. teh point is ya can't go out and get a replacement, they are a part of the family, and when they are gone its like a void there!

WTF????? I cant figure you out at all :confused: And you tried telling me that you gave a sh!t about animals? And you come out with that crap?
    I'm not even going to bother telling you why animals should be vaccinated and I'm certainly not going to waste anymore of my time replying to drivel like that. You havent a clue. :mad::mad:

offaly1 wrote: »
    It is cruel but so not true roosterman, we had a doggie at home for 14 years and he died last year:(:(
    the mother still can't bring herself to get another dog. teh point is ya can't go out and get a replacement, they are a part of the family, and when they are gone its like a void there!

We're not comparing like with like here. Dogs are a completely different ball game. They are loyal and loving, are great company, and can't fend for themselves in the same way cats do. I understand how dogs become part of a family. Cats do not. They look out for themselves and thats it.
    WTF????? I cant figure you out at all confused.gif And you tried telling me that you gave a sh!t about animals? And you come out with that crap?
    I'm not even going to bother telling you why animals should be vaccinated and I'm certainly not going to waste anymore of my time replying to drivel like that. You havent a clue. mad.gifmad.gif

Why should they be vaccinated? Ya may as well tell me. Perhaps I'll change my ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 BlackNinja

coylemj and roosterman71 - gee ye welcome people to your forum with open arms:rolleyes: .Both your first posts were quite rude when all Dee was trying to do was to find a loving home and tbh i dont believe your animal lovers and why ye bothered even replying in such a tone beats the heck outta me

To Dee_animallover congratulations and well done on saving another deserving little life and may you have a long and happy one with the gorgeous mite:D

BlackNinja wrote: »
    coylemj and roosterman71 - gee ye welcome people to your forum with open arms:rolleyes: .Both your first posts were quite rude when all Dee was trying to do was to find a loving home and tbh i dont believe your animal lovers and why ye bothered even replying in such a tone beats the heck outta me

To Dee_animallover congratulations and well done on saving another deserving little life and may you have a long and happy one with the gorgeous mite:D

Thank you kindly :)

Your more than welcome so dont be baited by t*ssers like them:P - u did a great thing and there should b more people out there like you
    Best of luck with the kitty!:)

Well this is a forum for expressing opinions and having discussions. There's bound to be people that disagree with peoples thoughts and actions. I just find it strange, and a waste for someone to spend money on vaccinated animals that they aren't keeping. In this case, the OP decided to keep the animal so its not such an issue. I too congratulate her on taking in this kitten.

However, I still stick to my guns on my posts. Until someone shows me and convinces me that doing what the OP did for a stray kitten is right and proper, then I too will do the same for any future cats I may have. Until then though, my cat will be wormed and fed. That's it.

• Advertisement

Thats true roosterman bout having opinions however i dont consider immediately verbally attacking someone in the forum validates as an opinion more bullying.
    Keeping a cat fully healthy until a home is found and making sure it doesn't catch any disease/flu is called having a heart and caring something which u seem to sadly lack and i'm amazed frankly that your even worming your cats.

Thats true roosterman bout having opinions however i dont consider immediately verbally attacking someone in the forum validates as an opinion more bullying.

I expressed an opinion. hardly verbally attacking them. And certainly not bullying them. Did I insult the OP? Call them bad names? Nope.
    Keeping a cat fully healthy until a home is found and making sure it doesn't catch any disease/flu is called having a heart and caring something which u seem to sadly lack and I'm amazed frankly that your even worming your cats.

Who says that you need to vaccinate a cat for it to be fully healthy? By that logic, all stray cats are just diseased until someone takes them to a vet. A cat, and any mammal, will build up a natural immunity to most things.

Also, in this case, the OP wanted to get rid of the kitten as it wasn't made welcome by her original cats. What would happen if this continued and she didn't find a home for it? The kitten would be given to an animal shelter, or be killed by her cats. And believe me, if no one claimed the kitten in the shelter, it would be in cat heaven fairly soon.

By the way, would saying I have no "heart and not caring" be classed as bullying?

Also, in this case, the OP wanted to get rid of the kitten as it wasn't made welcome by her original cats. What would happen if this continued and she didn't find a home for it? The kitten would be given to an animal shelter, or be killed by her cats. And believe me, if no one claimed the kitten in the shelter, it would be in cat heaven fairly soon.

I know i said i wasnt going to reply to you anymore but I just wanted to clarify something you said above, for starters I wouldnt and havent use the term "get rid off" I prefer to use the term rehome, second any shelter in my area are full to the brim so they would have been of no help to me as I know this from previous experience - just back in Jan I found a pup on my doorstep, I had 2 options keep it or give it to the pound - no clues for guessing which one i did? (kept her) I couldnt live with the fact that she might have been put down, the local ISPCA guy said to me "you cant save them all" which I know is true but I saved this one. Also its only one cat that has the problem - my other cat loves him and they get on great together - I know my cats and I know the other one wouldnt do something like kill it - it prefers to back off and run away. You seem to have a warped idea about cats and I really pity the one you have.

Ah JP is grand. He used to be inside the whole time. Nowadays, he only comes in for food. Or if the swallows are outside bullying him, he'll stroll in and sit on a chair. He gets on my nerves by meowing constantly till he gets what he wants. I dunno how my mother puts up with him.

Maybe my view about cats is warped. I don't find them to be that friendly. They seem to be always scheming about something. There's no loyalty, no affection. Dogs are much better.

Fair play for saving the puppy. Ya did good. What happens though when the next cat/dog comes to your door? "You can't save them all" is a fact. Unfortunately, the only option is to put them down in a lot of cases. Sad, but reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Maybe my view about cats is warped. I don't find them to be that friendly. They seem to be always scheming about something. There's no loyalty, no affection. Dogs are much better.

I agree, your view is warped.

Samba wrote: »
    I agree, your view is warped.

Tell me how its warped?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭stapolinhosting

Did you mother ever teach you If you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.

The OP only wanted to find a nice home to an animal she has grown to care about.

Why would you even bother posting here if you are not interested in giving the cat a home.

If you care that much about economics and not waisting money why are you waisting money on electricity posting garbage on a thread you dont really care about in the first place. :P

I would love to give your kitten a home but I have 8 2 week old kittens which I will be looking for homes shorty myself for 7 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPT

snyper wrote: »
    Try adverts.ie

I'd have thought that someone here as long as snyper would know that adverts.ie and animals don't mix.

Maybe he's never used adverts...

I'm about to start looking for a kitten. Sorry I missed out on that one. :(

Did you mother ever teach you If you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.
    Not at all!! Sure its just my opinion on the subject. Who's the judge that what I'm saying isn't good? There could be plenty of people that agree with me. Just as there are those that don't.
    The OP only wanted to find a nice home to an animal she has grown to care about.

Why would you even bother posting here if you are not interested in giving the cat a home.
    Again, only pointed her to a previous thread with the same topic, and expressed my view on vaccination and how I didn't see it as worth while when the kitten wasn't planned on being kept.
    If you care that much about economics and not waisting money why are you waisting money on electricity posting garbage on a thread you dont really care about in the first place. tongue.gif
    Ah sure if ya applied that rule here about posting garbage, the place would be fierce boring!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭stapolinhosting

Ah sure if ya applied that rule here about posting garbage, the place would be fierce boring!!
    Ok, so you got me there.

I suppose all im saying is its nice to be nice. The lady just wanted to find a home for a kitten, not a thread full of 'why did you bother going to the vet'.

Surley you can see that.

I did read what you do did for your cat and that take time a patients and fair play to your for doing it. But this thread was more about finding a home not really about who is right and who is wrong. Im sure there are loads of people who agree with your way of doing things but i think thats for a thread other than this.

Advertisement