Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would it be mad to go to Ikea today?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

It's got Ireland's biggest lingerie section... I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

A pair of feckin' women's knickers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Those arrows make you walk in one direction around the entire 8 story building before it leads to the exit

Ranulph Fiennes would find it a challenge to get out of it

well you the one who got lost so follow the BIG RED ARROWS and you will be sorted and it leads to downstairs where you pick up the flat packs

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

What the penis is this in After Hours for.

Moved to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

BVB wrote: »
    well you the one who got lost so follow the BIG RED ARROWS and you will be sorted and it leads to downstairs where you pick up the flat packs
    Do you work for them? You seem to be fiercly defending them for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

humanji wrote: »

Nah he's just been whipped into spending so much time there that he feels it's his duty to encourage others to share in his retail misery.

Wertz wrote: »
    Nah he's just been whipped into spending so much time there that he feels it's his duty to encourage others to share in his retail misery.
    Probably can't find the exit... :D

Wertz wrote: »

Incorrect .
    Im not going to do the typical Irish thing and jump on the band wagon and say it siht
    Im a home owner and I like nice furniture and I sure most people who ****e on about ikea and people who have never been there .

I have nothing but nice things to say about IKEA because when I lived in Germany i shopped there and since moving back to ireland I go up the north to shop in IKEA .

No I work in I.T

I just not going to jump on the Bandwagon

By the way do you work in one of the furniture stores beside IKEA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Wont be taking a trip out til maybe next week or the week after. Dont see what the big fuss is. Just looking on the website now though. An item Im after for €99 is on .co.uk for £79. Nice too see.

Also looking at the page for the restraunt. I can see a lot of cafes going out of business in ballymun. Do you need to buy something in store to use the restraunt or can you just walk in. Local centras/spars with there overpriced sambos will see a downturn in business.

Cooked breakfast

Sausage, bacon, scrambled egg, hash brown, beans, and tomato for only €1.75. Add 3 items and pay only €2.25
    And enjoy a cup of tea/coffee with unlimited re-fill for only € 1!"

Swedish Meatballs

Try our traditional Swedish meatballs, which contain beef and pork, with cream sauce, potatoes and lingonberry sauce.
    Small (10) €3.95, regular (15) €4.95, large (20) €6.25

Oven baked breaded haddock, chips and vegetables. Choose the breaded haddock and have a very good source of Omega 3!
    Although extra care has been made to remove all the bones from our fish, some small bones may still remain.
    €5.50

By the way do you work in one of the furniture stores beside IKEA?
    I've not said anything about the place. I don't feel the need to defend or condemn somewhere I've no affiliation with.

I've not said anything about the place. I don't feel the need to defend or condemn somewhere I've no affiliation with.

Sorry . I know you weren't comdemning the place . I just think it sucks when people say its **** when they have never been there and if it doesn't work there is 500 jobs at risk in Ballymun.
    My Girlfiend was there this morning at the opening . Three Girls were waiting at the front door since yesterday so IKEA gave each of them a €600 voucher. Thats fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

when I lived in Germany i shopped there and since moving back to ireland I go up the north to shop in IKEA .
    I just not going to jump on the Bandwagon
    Seems you jumped on the even bigger bandwagon...

rubadub wrote: »
    Seems you jumped on the even bigger bandwagon...

in what way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Well just back from there. Jesus what a shop :eek: im wrecked. It was great though. There wasnt any traffic going up to, got a car parking spot right next to the entrance, the staff were really friendly and the layout was fantastic. Ive never been to Ikea before so didnt know what to expect.

I defy anyone to go in and out without buying something...i love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Incorrect .
    Im not going to do the typical Irish thing and jump on the band wagon and say it siht
    Im a home owner and I like nice furniture and I sure most people who ****e on about ikea and people who have never been there .

I have nothing but nice things to say about IKEA because when I lived in Germany i shopped there and since moving back to ireland I go up the north to shop in IKEA .

You're sleeping with Ikea aren't you, AREN'T YOU?! ANSWER ME!

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    You're sleeping with Ikea aren't you, AREN'T YOU?! ANSWER ME!

yes I am

*in my IKEA bed*

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

anniehoo wrote: »
    I defy anyone to go in and out without buying something...i love it!

I bet they love you too :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Biggins wrote: »
    Yes. Wait at least two weeks.
    Otherwise the queues alone at the tills will keep you there even longer than trying to even get there.

needed to buy some bedside lockers today and popped over about 6.30pm and was at the till for a total of about 2 minutes. talking to the checkout girl there apparently wasnt alot of people buying things. there was loads of gawkers though :confused::confused::confused:

all in all we got 2 bedside lockers, 18 piece delph set , 6 mugs, loo brush and some coasters for €120. thats not too shabby when the only other decent bedside locker I saw in another shop was €60 for 1, and I got out of cooking tonight by using their cafe (though their coke is ****ing shoite)

biggest gripe about the place was how I got lost about 10 bloody times in the place, first time I ever got lost in a shop. Felt like i was in that episode of father ted :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

when there yesterday after 8pm to avoid the bloody parking fee.

Mainly wanted to pick up a catalogue... NADA...
    new 2010 catalogue in store in September :mad:

store was pretty empty alright. (compared to Belfast)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

People going in to buy junk for their soon to be repossessed 2nd & 3rd homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

went there yesterday at 3.30

left by 4 place was mobbed and the overwhelming smell of BO as i tried to navigate my way around hastened my exit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

when there yesterday after 8pm .. store was pretty empty alright. (compared to Belfast)

Is IKEA Belfast busy after 8pm :rolleyes: ?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

when there yesterday after 8pm to avoid the bloody parking fee.

Mainly wanted to pick up a catalogue... NADA...
    new 2010 catalogue in store in September :mad:

store was pretty empty alright. (compared to Belfast)

parking thingees not installed/operational yet

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

TarfHead wrote: »
    Is IKEA Belfast busy after 8pm :rolleyes: ?

yes, Thursdays and Fridays :D

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gihj

Was there with the wife myself yesterday.wanted to leave after 5 minutes.cue cold shoulder the whole way home.:D

Advertisement