Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost LTI Book

Options
  • 27-07-2009 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know what happens when the pharmacy loses your LTI book. My GP and pharmacist are stating that the other is responsible for replacing it .. even though we all know what my LTI number is. Has anyone been through this befare?

Thanks for reading this!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

let the HSE know asap. that the book has been lost. Mine got stolen and the local community care office re-issued one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Once I go to a pharmacist with the LTI book once, I never have to use it there again. I just give my name, address and what I want off the prescription. So you (normally) don't have to worry about it I should think.

As a substantial proportion of chemists won't process LTI stuff (or at least you'll have to pay the full whack for the drugs), getting that LTI book in order would be a good idea. The HSE have no reason not to give you a second book in replacement. You just might have to fill in a form and get the doctor to fill in the prescription part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

I lost mine before. Just rang the local HSE office and they posted out a new one.

Some chemists ask to see it to stamp it, others are happy just to see it once and never again!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

my chemist look for it every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

If I kept being asked for it, I might put up with it for a bit.

Should I walk into such a chemist (without my LTI book) and write down on a piece of paper that I want a box of BD microfine 6mm needles and a box of Levemir insulin flexpens. Then write my name, the area I live in and even my LTI number on the paper. And then be told that I must have my LTI book if I am to be served?? Despite the fact that my details are already on their system?! I'd just say thanks but no thanks, and go to the myriad of other chemists who have no such qualms about needing a book to accept that a diabetic needs a prescription of insulin and needles.

As my prescription needs vary (depending on what I am running low on next), it's possibly different for other LTI users.

Anyway, the OP's been told to contact the HSE, and hopefully the chemist will have some common sense in the meantime and dispense if needed. (disregarding 1st August onwards of course)

• Advertisement
Advertisement