Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Races - Tips

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gmkgreaney

how much is the entry to the races

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭BlackandGold

JustMary wrote: »
    If you need to catch the bus to the race-course, look at the 8-yoyo return price from one side of Eyre Square, then look at the route of a certain bus that leaves from the other side of Eyre Square and costs E-1.60 each way. Hint: the destination sign on this bus is *not* the same as the name of the racecourse.

(Of course if anyone is talking to loud drunken tourists, this tip does not apply: they are the folks that the "special" buses are for.)
    Is that the Park and Ride? Am I allowed to say that? Help :) Is it advisable for someone in high heels? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cL0h

Is that the Park and Ride? Am I allowed to say that? Help :) Is it advisable for someone in high heels? :D

It's not the Park and Ride it's the regular No. 9 to Parkmore. What's the big mystery. As for heels, the floor of the bus is actually made out of cobblestones. It's a bitch for all the female commuters who get the No 9 to work.

My additional tip for the heeled ladies is to walk through the Briarhill Business Park behind the Spar on the tarmac rather than walking in the car entrance on gravel.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Hey,
    Just wondering if anyone heard the tips this morning on Newstalk ? I think they may be the Paddy Power tips. I bet on them yesterday and they both came in (2ndnd mind you) 22/1 and 33/1 !! I had bet a measly amount so no big wins but hey maybe today!

Any other tips out there?

Anyone betting on See You Bob ?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭dougie ward

2.00 - Failte De Geo
    2.35 - Imply
    3.10 - Montero
    3.45 - Drombeg Dawn
    4.20 - Dual Gales
    5.00 - Deutscland
    5.40 - Alajan
    6.15 - Daneva

• Advertisement

wow!
    thanks for those...:)

any for any outsiders ? ....

your welcome, try them all as an e/w accum?
    i will be.

truckers delight 14/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

your welcome, try them all as an e/w accum?
    i will be.

This time tommorrow, we'll be millionaires!

• Advertisement

This time tommorrow, we'll be millionaires!

either that or we will be plonkers Rodney!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

truckers delight 14/1

yeah ran well the other day when he came second beaten by half a length.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Being a gambling retard, what exactly is each way? Is it that you win (at worse odds) if the horse comes in 1st, 2nd or 3rd, as opposed to betting on the horse winning?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Example 5 bucks e/w will cost you 10 bucks.
    It's 2 bets, 5 bucks on the win and 5 bucks on the place.
    The place depends on the size of the field and bookie, can be up to fifth place

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Being a gambling retard, what exactly is each way? Is it that you win (at worse odds) if the horse comes in 1st, 2nd or 3rd, as opposed to betting on the horse winning?

yes usually a quarter of the odds,so if the horse is 10/1 it works out you get paid 2.5/1

hmmm. how do i do an accum online on paddy power please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

carmex21 wrote: »
    hmmm. how do i do an accum online on paddy power please ?

Select your horses and a new window pops up.

In the new window you'll see your selection of horses, near the bottom of that window you'll see all the types of bets that are available to you.
    Just type in your stake opposite the Accumulator option.

Thanks Deadskin,...
    woo hoo !
    at last...just got it done...sadly meagre betting seeing as so many but hey have to start somewhere..

good luck to one and all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

There's a match bet offer with Paddy Power Mobile today.You bet €20 on a horse and they'll match it with another €20. This is the link : http://tinyurl.com/pprace .You type it into the browser in your phone.

Decided to be a chancer and took a boards bet to win... it won! First time gambling and won on a boards tip... wtf like?? I'll keep smiling while im ahead :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

JustMary wrote: »
    Right on all points.

The last stop for the route 9 bus is very conveniently located a very few metres north (ish) of one of the side entrances to the racecourse.
    JohnCleary wrote: »
    Many thanks for this tip, wouldn't have thought of it myself... thankfully the females we're going with on Thursday are getting taxi's/their own busses so i'm just gonna head out with one of the lads on the bus you recommended. Thanks again :D

John, did you end up taking this bus yesterday? How long did it take in the traffic?

I'm heading out tomorrow and will be taking the bus..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

Any tips for today. If it goes ahead. Feicin weather:mad:

Heh, forgot I posted the above post last night, feckin drink!

Anyhow, first of all thanks to JustMary for the bus tip - worked a treat. Everyone on the bus had a seat apart from a few lads who didn't care as they were content sipping their Dutch Gold! No queuing/pushing and everyone in great form. We got stuck in traffic half way up Doughiska (at the pub/hotel) so we got out and had a cheeky Sambuca and walked the rest of the way (along with half the bus!) - But it eventually caught up and overtook us. Didn't bother us as weather was lovely. To conclude, i'd recommend this bus rather than the 'special' bus. Remember, you can just jump on the 'special' bus on the way back - last year and this year they weren't checking for tickets on the return journey (Didn't get the bus back myself this year but just saw people jumping on)

And to the other poster who offered tips for each race yesterday, I put on one bet and the horse came in a winner :D Dual Shoal or something like that - nice one bruvva :cool:

Advertisement