Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waste Treatment

• 27-07-2009 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

I'm nearing the end of my build and now have to consider wastewater treatment units. From all my reading on boards, I am looking for one that
    (a) has very few moving parts (less to break)
    (b) uses minimal electricity
    (c) is cheap!

The house is a 3-bedroom house and has 2 people in it - this could increase in time, but there will never be more than 5 people in the house. So far I have two quotes (not including digging holes):
    1. ****************** - €5000 installed
    2. ****************** - €3750 (supply only)

edit: no naming of particular products or manufacturers.

recommendations with PM only..
    syd

What treatment unit would you recommend (and why)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Tester46

OK, so Mods have (correctly) edited my post as I forgot I can't name companies/products.

But for a system for 5 people max, do those prices sound reasonable, cheap, expensive? What did your system cost? I just have no idea if the prices being quoted are reasonable or not.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

€3750 is definitely at the lower end of the scale....
    this can go to 8 - 10k with some products depending on other factors...

some companies just dump the product on site and leave it up to you... others install and more importantly, commission the product themselves...

i would go with this system if its within budget....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Mallini

Hi Tester,

Are you not bound by your planning conditions on what system you can use ? If you proposed a system during the planning process then are you not conditioned to install that system ??

Mallini

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Mallini wrote: »
    Hi Tester,

Are you not bound by your planning conditions on what system you can use ? If you proposed a system during the planning process then are you not conditioned to install that system ??

Mallini

in my experience mallini, any accrediated system can be used, provided proper systems and processes are followed... ie site specific assessments etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Tester46

Accordingly to my engineer, my planning application didn't refer to any particular system and I don't have to stick to any particular system now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement