Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will you be playing lfd2 or Cod MF2?

Options
  • 27-07-2009 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

I've heard that their coming out within a week of each other (rumour) and they will prob be the most played online pc games at that time.

Just wondering what game are people looking forward to most?

Personally i'd buy Modern Warfare 2 over L4D2 even though ive played both the previous versions to death at this stage. I think COD is a better game(modern warfare series anyway). Apart from bf2 i think these two series are the best online games. (IMO)

What game are you most looking forward to? 66 votes

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
    0% 0 votes
    Left 4 Dead 2
    77% 51 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    22% 15 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I will probably be getting both games, but playing L4D2 more at release as most of my friends play L4D and will be getting L4D2 I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I'll certainly be getting both but I might save MW2 for later, maybe christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Never played Left 4 Dead. Loved COD4.

Will probably get both but really want COD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Will get L4D2 and play it solid for a week, then probably not touch it again for months. Never really got into the online of CoD:MW but I plan to start with MW2.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

L4D2 most likely

Probably get MW2 later when there is a sale on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'll get Modern Warfare 2, play it, learn the maps/tactics etc and then use that as my main competitive game for my clan , playing in leagues etc.

I'll play Left4Dead2 out of matches for fun, the same way I do now with COD4 / L4D :):D

So both

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Left 4 Dead 2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'll definitely be getting MW2.

I own a PS3 so L4D2 won't be coming to that system.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    I've heard that their coming out within a week of each other (rumour) and they will prob be the most played online pc games at that time.

I can assure you neither will be the most played online pc game,im pretty sure world of warcraft will be.

Im sure you mean first person shooter in which case you are likely to be correct :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

cant wait for mw2 so will be playing that alot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Will be getting both (should definitely be a poll option) and will probably end up playing l4d2 more in the longterm as I know more people that play l4d.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Yea I'll be getting both of these. I've racked up some serious hours in COD 4 and in L4D. Some of the guys I play L4D with are getting very excited about L4D2 but from what I've seen of it so far it looks to be more of the same which isn't a bad thing but I was hoping for things to be a bit more different or something.

Safe to say both games will be getting some big play time over the xmas period though.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Well it won't be Peggle Nights, Atlas, you weirdo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Why is there no option for both?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

COD MF2 FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

COD MF2 FTW.
    Hehe, only noticed that this is in the thread title too.
    Wtf is MF 2? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Yeah I'll be playing both, I'm not the type who just plays the same game day in day out anymore, would rather play a little of both.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Seifer wrote: »
    Hehe, only noticed that this is in the thread title too.
    Wtf is MF 2? :pac:

Lmao @ Fitzy you big Noob !! :P

Learn2Spell ftw!! :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I nevar lieked learn2spell.

Im getting fairly sick of L4D though. Pubbies are fckin useless, and that Antar guy doesn't invite me to friends only games anymoar.

OH WOE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

modern warfare - never played l4d I'd imagine it's like the pub on Sunday afternoon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,298 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Probably L4D2 if either of them. Havent got Modern Warfare. I just don't go for the $40-$50 price point.

On L4D2, still not made up my mind on it. Waiting for more show to ... show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Maximilian wrote: »
    Well it won't be Peggle Nights, Atlas, you weirdo.

lol thats actually my sister, she's addicted to peggles. 32.5 hrs this week :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

both , but probably more so mw2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

peggle is a class game - total win

Advertisement