Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setting up a 3g windows mobile fone on three

• 27-07-2009 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

How easy is it to set up a windows mobile 6.1 fone on three? Will it work? Or do i have to get a three fone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's easy enough depending on how good you are with stuff. I'm assuming by setup you mean putting a 3 SIM in?

It should work. You may not be able to benefit from all of their offers like free MSN or free Skype (others can probably clarify for you).

You don't have to buy a 3 phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kobobrc

I am at the moment looking for step by step instruction to set up a wm6.1 on the 3 network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

kobobrc wrote: »
    I am at the moment looking for step by step instruction to set up a wm6.1 on the 3 network

All the setup information can be found in the FAQs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Rsaeire wrote: »
    All the setup information can be found in the FAQs.

ok lots of info there! anything specific for win 6.1?

snaps wrote: »
    ok lots of info there! anything specific for win 6.1?

Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional. ;)

If, however, you have a Windows Mobile 6.1 standard handset, i.e. one without a touchscreen, then the Windows Mobile 6 standard APN settings should suffice, as you just need to transpose them using the 3 APN settings; the Windows Mobile 6 and 6.1 standard settings are virtually identical.

• Advertisement

i think you sorted it for me how ever i do seem to have to reenter the settings if i turn the phone off
    thanks

i think you sorted it for me how ever i do seem to have to reenter the settings if i turn the phone off
    thanks

You shouldn't have to, but if you do, something is definitely wrong. What's the make and model of your handset?

its a acer dx900 with 2 sims, which probably confuses me sometimes, when its running its brill as i shut of the work sim at night and relax, but we will see how it goes today after reentering the settings.

i have managed to get it work as a modem for my laptop today which is also great.

although i do seem to be having problems with active sync on bluetooth.

kobobrc

its a acer dx900 with 2 sims, which probably confuses me sometimes, when its running its brill as i shut of the work sim at night and relax, but we will see how it goes today after reentering the settings.

i have managed to get it work as a modem for my laptop today which is also great.

although i do seem to be having problems with active sync on bluetooth.

kobobrc
    I have no experience with that handset, however, I've never heard of APN settings not present after powering the handset back on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

• Advertisement

Hi guys lost the apn again last night, but quick and easy to re-enter, will contact acer for advice, or check wm6 site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Rsaeire wrote: »
    Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional. ;)

If, however, you have a Windows Mobile 6.1 standard handset, i.e. one without a touchscreen, then the Windows Mobile 6 standard APN settings should suffice, as you just need to transpose them using the 3 APN settings; the Windows Mobile 6 and 6.1 standard settings are virtually identical.

These seem to be meteor settings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

snaps wrote: »
    These seem to be meteor settings?
    Take the other settings and substitute them in.

Advertisement