Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy Christian Louboutins?

• 27-07-2009 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi All,

One of my friends is going to be 40 in a few weeks time and a few of us have decided to buy her a pair of Christian Louboutins as her present.

Have any of you come across any good online shops? I've tried net-a-porter.com, but they don't have the classic style we'd like to buy in her size. The other websites I've checked seem to be either hugely expensive or a little bit dodgy.

I know they're available in BTs too, is there any other shop in Ireland that sells them?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Eerie

Harvey Nichols in Dundrum.....

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Wink

Great, thanks Eerie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

Brown Thomas have a good range and they also have a Manolo room!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If by any chance you're in London, there is a great shoe department in Harrods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Brown Thomas, Harvey Nics, Net-A-Porter, SAKS, Neiman Marcus. Those are the only ones I can think of right now! Remember though if you order from NM or SAKS you will prob end up paying custom fees.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭username4321

+1 on BTs. AFAIK if you ring up and enquire they might order them in for you

btw. edit: just read the rest of your post you say they seemed 'hugely expensive'. Louboutins are v.expensive everywhere. You won't find a genuine bargain unless they are second hand and on ebay but even still, CB's are very pricey everywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Wink wrote: »
    Hi All,

One of my friends is going to be 40 in a few weeks time and a few of us have decided to buy her a pair of Christian Louboutins as her present.

Have any of you come across any good online shops? I've tried net-a-porter.com, but they don't have the classic style we'd like to buy in her size. The other websites I've checked seem to be either hugely expensive or a little bit dodgy.

Hi there!

Just a word of warning here. There's been many articles in the papers recently highlighting how the global recession has led to a huge increase in the counterfeit trade. Christian Louboutin is one such brand that is being knocked off on various different websites.

Christian Louboutin shoes are only available from authorised sellers ; Brown Thomas, Harvey Nicks etc. If they're not sold, they are returned to the source, not flogged online at a cheap price.

His shoes retail for 425 euro plus, so don't be led to believe that a pair retailing for half the price online are real, unless the website is an authorised seller and the shoes are past season.

If you are tempted to buy from Ebay, be very careful that the seller isn't ripping you off and ask them to prove the shoes are genuine Louboutins. I can't imagine anything worse than paying out huge money only to discover you have been conned!

Ebay has been sued in recent times by a good few brands, L'oreal, for example, for allowing counterfeit brands to be sold on their website. So, be wary and be alert when purchasing online!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Hi there!

Just a word of warning here. There's been many articles in the papers recently highlighting how the global recession has led to a huge increase in the counterfeit trade. Christian Louboutin is one such brand that is being knocked off on various different websites.

Christian Louboutin shoes are only available from authorised sellers ; Brown Thomas, Harvey Nicks etc. If they're not sold, they are returned to the source, not flogged online at a cheap price.

His shoes retail for 425 euro plus, so don't be led to believe that a pair retailing for half the price online are real, unless the website is an authorised seller and the shoes are past season.

If you are tempted to buy from Ebay, be very careful that the seller isn't ripping you off and ask them to prove the shoes are genuine Louboutins. I can't imagine anything worse than paying out huge money only to discover you have been conned!

Ebay has been sued in recent times by a good few brands, L'oreal, for example, for allowing counterfeit brands to be sold on their website. So, be wary and be alert when purchasing online!
    This is one article I came across that warns about fake designer goods.

I know of some websites which sell fake designer shoes at cheap-ish prices, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the links here, but if you want them, I can PM them to you, so you know not to buy from them.

Some of the places that I know of that sell genuine/real designer products are:

Harvey Nichols - Dundrum
    Brown Thomas - Grafton Street
    Selfridges - London
    Christian Louboutin Store - Motcomb Street, London
    Net-A-Porter
    Outnet (Sister site of N.A.P)
    [URL=htp://www.neimanmarcus.com]Neiman Marcus[/URL]
    Saks Fifth Avenue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jessie Hoe

Hi

I had checked few site which sells 60-70% off past & classic design of CB's shoes; they claimed that they got their shoes directly from CB's factory & do not have huge margins like usual online stores like Net-a-porter, saks etc.
    (I had emailed them to ask for authenticity tags / certificates or receipts & they claimed that its provided; they even shipped free to worldwide!)

so how to know if their shoes from authentic from CB? the website even have " authorised online CB stores with copyright (c) 2009 " at the bottom webpage

Can someone help me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

This is taken from http://www.christianlouboutin.com/, these are the only sites they say sell the real deal, anything else is fake online even if they offer authenticity tags

MY THERESA

www.mytheresa.com

Ph: +49 89 679 707 100

NET A PORTER UK

www.netaporter.com

NEIMAN DIRECT

www.neimanmarcus.com

SAKS DIRECT

www.saks.com

• Advertisement

Jessie Hoe wrote: »
    Hi

I had checked few site which sells 60-70% off past & classic design of CB's shoes; they claimed that they got their shoes directly from CB's factory & do not have huge margins like usual online stores like Net-a-porter, saks etc.
    (I had emailed them to ask for authenticity tags / certificates or receipts & they claimed that its provided; they even shipped free to worldwide!)

so how to know if their shoes from authentic from CB? the website even have " authorised online CB stores with copyright (c) 2009 " at the bottom webpage

Can someone help me?

That's fake fake fake. Anyway who is CB? It's CL!!

CL classics very rarely go on sale if ever. And their seasonal styles I don't think would have 60% - 70% off. Maybe 30% if you're very lucky.

Unless you're buying from NM, SAKS, NAP, etc. online then don't bother. Those "discount" sites are all fake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

They had a lot of Louboutins on theoutnet.com yesterday, at up to 70% off. The Outnet sells the unsold stock of net-á-porter.com at a discount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jessie Hoe

apologies, CL

there's a website footcandyshoes.com - they have stores in US and the CL shoes (off season) are up to 50% or even 60% off; not sure they are real but i bought a pair of Forever Tina Fringe Tall Boots at US$788 (60% off; additional US$40 for shipping).. looks real to me - can tell me if Im being ripped off :o

yup, i'm familiar with Net-a-porter & outnet, but outnet CL shoes run out super fast like few min after launch - terribel experience to see your fav shoes being snapped up by split seconds... & Net-a-porter sales are very minimal like 20-40% off

Saks don not accept non-US credit cards (international Credit cards not accepted); Neiman Marcus I bought a pair during sale before but paid US$80 for international shipping through vpost - so its super expensive after all the taxes+ shipping

SAKS do accept international orders ... and that includes international credit cards.

Advertisement