Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A6 2.0 tdi e or bmw 520d

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

They were doing Satnav as a cheap upgrade recently stand to be corrected at around €500 or so.

Also Don't forget to order (if you need them) 60:40 split rear seats they're not standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

ashleey wrote: »
    Thanks again. It looks like a false economy to go with the 'e' version and the standard black with black leather looks good. I don't think the irish se version comes with sat nav whereas the uk ones do. The 170 is quite rare in the uk though so finding a 6 month old post facelift one will be tricky. Will try maybe around september. Unless there will be good deals for new january ones from the dealers mentioned and use garmin to save a couple of grand on satnav

Recently there was a free upgrade package which gave you business Sat Nav on the A6. Sat Nav was free, but you had to upgrade the Driver Information system which was around €250 on the SE models. There might be one in stock somewhere, but I doubt flat black with black leather would be stocked with the 170 engine.

UK SE spec on Audi's contains a lot more than the Irish spec, but you'll get VRT'd on all the extra's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Will look around thanks. I don't think there are too many other differences between uk and irish spec. I wonder how a white one would look?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I've driven the common rail 170bhp in the TT and the new CR is fairly flat, they feel a lot less torquey than the older PD engines, which takes away the fun aspect your supposed to get from owning a diesel, its the relentless push. Thats just my feeling on the whole thing anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

But at least they don't sound like a tractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mossir

Hi, When is the new 520d auto due out? Interested in buying a new one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

should be sometime in the new year i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

ashleey wrote: »
    I wonder how a white one would look?

Saw a white "old" model in traffic yesterday. TBH, it didn't look that good...
    I wouldn't if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

2010-mercedes-benz-e-class-sedan_5.jpg

I feel its aimed more at the 35+ man than anything younger. Hence the Noel Edmonds driving his new wife and kids.

Where as the C class is a bit younger manish a bit more aggressive looking

c_class_official.jpg

This is one Artist impression of the new 5 series due mid 2010

2011-5-series-1.jpg&w=900

Spyshot

bmw-5-series-715-3.jpg&w=900
    new e class looks like a corrola from side view :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement