Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arkham Asylum Review

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Despite getting the game on Thursday night I only got to play it lasst night.

Anyway regarding a sequel: 4-player multiplayer.
    Batman, Robin, Batgirl & Nightwing.
    No Damien though, that'd make it overly complicated storywise.

Totally, how cool would a Batman and Robin co-op single player game be :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I'd wouldn't mind seeing Robin or Nightwing make brief cameos in a sequel, but I don't think the game needs multi player. It might feel more like lego Batman.

It should be left as single player imo.

As Bats says himself at the start of the game "I work better alone"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Dont know if anyone mentioned this yet, Cant believe well done the
    last Scarecrow bit is, batman eating rats etc, scareface voice over...genius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

RAIN wrote: »
    Dont know if anyone mentioned this yet, Cant believe well done the
    last Scarecrow bit is, batman eating rats etc, scareface voice over...genius

That was indeed awesome. But then again, pretty much all the
    Scarecrow
    sequences were very well done.

Couldn't care less about multiplayer TBH - I mostly play single player anyway and it's great these days when a game comes along that delivers such a solid single player experience, as these days it's all about the multiplayer it seems (Bioshock is the last game I can remember that did the same).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

I rented this for the week starting yesterday and i have to say it is IMMENSE!!!

I've racked up over 7 hours gameplay already coz it's just brilliant. Absolutely loving it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

thorbarry wrote: »
    Totally, how cool would a Batman and Robin co-op single player game be :D
    Not very ... Robin is a waster :D

Not very ... Robin is a waster :D

Ah he's not a waster, but Batman is way cooler on his own.

If we have learn't anything from Joel Schumachers mistakes, its leave Robin and bright neon colours out of Batman.

That said, I wouldn't mind brief cameos from the Bat Family in a possible sequel, but I wouldn't like to see them being playable in the main storyline. Playable in the challenge rooms would be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Finished it last night, thought the
    boss fight was way too easy and the fight before with the two titians was way harder
    . As close to a perfect game as I could possibly imagine. Although if they added an 'observe the beast attacks and exploit the weakness' ala Shadow of the Collussus I would've given up gaming to preserve the experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,025 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jaysus.. don't know so many have ye have finished it!

Doubt I'm too far through it.. I'm
    just after rescuing Dr. Young from Zsasz, then she was blown up by Joker, and Harley has kidnapped the warden

Probably loads to do but really enjoying it alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

On you PS3, basq? TRAITOR !!!! :)

(Your sig betrays you....)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,025 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mr E wrote: »
    On you PS3, basq? TRAITOR !!!! :)

(Your sig betrays you....)
    Ha! :D

Was standing at the counter of Smyths with the PS3 version in one hand and the 360 version in the other - same price for both - and was debating which one to get. Eventually, the "Play as Joker" feature just won me over buying the PS3 version.

Plus, I've my 360 hooked up to my 22" HD monitor now VS my PS3 hooked into my 37" HD TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

basquille wrote: »
    Jaysus.. don't know so many have ye have finished it!

Doubt I'm too far through it.. I'm
    just after rescuing Dr. Young from Zsasz, then she was blown up by Joker, and Harley has kidnapped the warden

Probably loads to do but really enjoying it alright!

I only defeated
    the Scarecrow
    last night. Hows that for lagging behind? Speaking of which I knew
    Bruce's parents would make an appearance in that scene but it was still very cool. Nice and creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Still can't get enough of this game. Think I'm getting close to the end of it now. I'm chasing the 100% completion on the first play through so I can squeeze as much time out of this as possible. Just got the final upgrade last night so now all areas should be accessible so it's official that I need to start back tracking for the secrets I couldn't reach earlier.

Had my first go of the 1st challenge room the other night as well and it's surprisingly difficult to get the coveted 18000 pts needed for 3 bats on it. My battle ability is greatly enhanced playing these and I like that the challenge rooms will add a good bit of life to the game.

Best single player game since Dead Space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I'm chasing the 100% completion on the first play through

sadly the challange rooms count towards the 100% completion score :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I think the game is good, but i have to say its not that good. I wonder if it would get so much discussion if it wasnt a Batman game?

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    sadly the challange rooms count towards the 100% completion score :(

True, 3 Bats in all challenge rooms to get 100%.....They are surprisingly difficult...

checking the friends leaderboards (which is mostly boardsies), some of you are class at it, how do you get 3 bats in the combat challenges????
    faceman wrote: »
    I think the game is good, but i have to say its not that good. I wonder if it would get so much discussion if it wasnt a Batman game?

It is that good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

After reading this thread, I really want to buy it. Must finish some of my current games first...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

This is the first game I've gladly sought out a full completion on first play through. It's all I've been playing since Saturday and as has been mentioned by many here already, it's the fact that it's a singe player game and all the attention has gone into making it enjoyable as such. Challenge rooms will be the death of me though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

CKWPORT wrote: »

checking the friends leaderboards (which is mostly boardsies), some of you are class at it, how do you get 3 bats in the combat challenges????

Haven't had much time for the challenge rooms yet but I managed to get 3 bats on the first combat room. Reckon you need to get through all rounds without taking a hit to get the flawless knight bonus plus as many freeflow bonuses as possible. Not easy!

Whats the deal with the stealth challenge rooms? I got a pretty fast time on the first room and still only managed 2 bats

I only managed 2 rounds without taking a hit in the combat challenge, need to work on my countering I suppose.

In the stealth rooms, I think you can take as long as you like and still get 3 Bats because the Bats are related to what takedowns you perform.

You have to do specific takedowns in each room, each one is worth one Bat.

• Advertisement

mika27 wrote: »
    Whats the deal with the stealth challenge rooms? I got a pretty fast time on the first room and still only managed 2 bats

Its nothing to do with time, If you press "select" it will bring up a menu with 3 things to do in order to get a bat, ie. preform a corner takedown, perform a silent takedown etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

thorbarry wrote: »
    Its nothing to do with time, If you press "select" it will bring up a menu with 3 things to do in order to get a bat, ie. preform a corner takedown, perform a silent takedown etc

Aahhhh I see, thanks!

mika27 wrote: »
    Aahhhh I see, thanks!

No probs, I've only unlocked two stealth challenge rooms so far, but boy they're fun

At 92% now...

All I have left are the combat challenges, I have managed to get one Bat so far out of the few I tried, I am crap at them....

The predator challenges were class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Just finished it on hard there. Glad I did the challenge rooms on Normal before going for hard really helped up my timing and string together better combo's.
    I died the most at the Ivy boss fight, not frustrating difficult because there's a mid fight auto save and if you die after that point it gives you all your health back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I've been screwing up my score in challenges because I keep restarting rounds to get achievements. I've gotten **** all but I still keep doing it. And I'm resetting pretty big scores. :confused:
    Screw it. I'm playing on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Well I've finished the story... In 3 days :(

I like going around for the Riddler challenges but I'm very disappointed at the shortness of the story itself, which is what I really played it for.

It's a COD4 (single player only before I get all the flames) situation, great single player but over so fast it's better suited to a rental tbh. Bit miffed I handed over 50 quid on this.

I'll be tradign it in for something soon. That said a great, very very well made game, and does justice to Batman for once (i.e. not Christian Bale).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm done with this now. Great game, and well worth full price. On about 94% but I do not want to to the challenges, simple as. Looking forward to the inevitable sequel, and I hope other publishers take note on how to do it right. Well done to Eidos and Rocksteady!

chrislad wrote: »
    Well done to Eidos and Rocksteady!

+1. They really did Batman & the other characters justice.

How come you aren't doing any of the challenges?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Finished the main story last night with all riddles found. Great stuff. Will start working on the challenge rooms now over the weekend and see how we get on. Managed to get 2 bats on the first combat challenge room and can't seem to improve on that. Defo need to work on getting free flow combat running so I can reach the 18000pts needed to take me to the next level. I don't think I'll be challenging for the top spot on the leaderboard anytime soon.

Advertisement