Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arkham Asylum Review

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I tried a few challenges.

I'm terrible at the combat ones, fairly decent at the Predator ones though.
    Only done the first 3, got under a minute with 3 bats on the first one, and pretty quick on the 2nd

Only checked the 4 predator challenge...seems very hard, you cant use any gargoyles..and have to take out people in ways i didnt know you could :o..and have not done yet even in the game :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

SeanTheMan, you are fairly high on the leaderboards aint ya? Well you are top of my Friends Only one anyways...

The Predator challenges are fairly easy once you get into them, there is a bit of trial and error working out how to do the specific take downs per level.

I did them all last night & got 3 Bats per level, but broadband was down, so no scores registered. I am terrible at the combat ones.

Yeah only on the first 3 that I've tried, I was just trying to do them as quick as possible first, then realised it was all about the bats.

So I'd spend 5 mins working a system on who and when to kill in what order for the bats, then just finish off the others quickly.
    The guards appear and follow the same pattern 95% of the time until you kill someone. So its handy enough

And once you kill the first 3 and get the bats...then just do the rest as quick as possible, it doesnt matter if your seen. Use the sonic battarang and stuff to get it done.

This predator extreme is a bit mad though, Ill have to spend some time at it tonight. The challenges remind me of tenchu mixed with metal gear solid :P

But yeah, im useless at the combat ones...dunno how some people got these ridiculous scores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Everyone add each other so we can get some competition going here!

Add away...

I will have to redo the Extreme Predator ones to log a score on the leaderboards....one of them took me 9mins, so I will be way down the board...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Add away...

I will have to redo the Extreme Predator ones to log a score on the leaderboards....one of them took me 9mins, so I will be way down the board...

Have you all the challenge rooms done?

I'm finding the combat ones tough going, any tips for getting a high score? can only seem to get 3,000ish, pretty crap! :o

Have you all the challenge rooms done?

I'm finding the combat ones tough going, any tips for getting a high score? can only seem to get 3,000ish, pretty crap! :o

I can't do the Combat rooms at all, I can only get one Bat in the 1st one, and nothing after that. I am brutal bad at them.

I have all the Predator ones done, they are just similar to the rooms in the singleplayer game that are filled with armed thugs, but you have to use specific takedowns to earn the Bats. Press select to view what takedowns are needed.

Its trial and error really, working out where to take them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

CKWPORT wrote: »
    +1. They really did Batman & the other characters justice.

How come you aren't doing any of the challenges?

Just can't be bothered. I've done practically all the SP stuff. I never usually bother with the whole time trial aspect of games.

Ye can add me SeanderMann but don't expect to see me anywhere on the combat ones, I can't string together moves at all :P

Same as...BATMAN...only 1 bat on the first challenge. More suited to these predator things

The first extreme challenge though..i think it was...take out 3 people simultaneously using 3 different explosive walls ?....I spent 5 mins looking for 3 good walls to use, then turned it off, havent played since :P

SeantheMan wrote: »
    The first extreme challenge though..i think it was...take out 3 people simultaneously using 3 different explosive walls ?....I spent 5 mins looking for 3 good walls to use, then turned it off, havent played since :P

That was a pain, from where you start, get onto the floor above you, and there is a guy in a room with windows right infront of you, the ceiling can be blown up. The next guy is at under the vent entrance at the top of the room, he has his back to a wall you can blow up. He never moves, the other 2 guys are patrolling.

Then on the opposite side of the room, there are 2 sections that can be blown up. The furthest away one is best because the guards stops on it for a second, you can get below this one by using the grates on the ground.

Don't use the gargoyles to move around, as soon as one blows up, the thugs are on alert, and wont get 3 of them near the walls to blow up. Don't alert anyone, rig them three walls, and wait for the 2 patrolling thugs to be in position.

Hope that helps, its probably impossible to follow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Always go after the knife wielding or stun rod guys first if they exist in that round, since they can easily break your combos. Using B to stun the knife guys first, makes it easy to take them out - for the stun rod guys, jumping over them works and hitting them before they turn around. On the more extreme challenges, pay attention to the guys going for the gun lockers, if they get a gun, it'll make things pretty tricky...

When you have a huge group of the standard thugs left, you can kick the crap out of them and you really speed up as you're doing it, really upping the combo scores.

Still, some of the scores on the leaderboards are unreal :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Yea I'm gonna add you guys who are doing the challenge rooms now to give me a target to beat and incentive to keep going. Still only got a score of about 12K on the first combat one. I want to snag all 3 bats before moving onto the next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Love a bit of competition I do.

Add away; Seamarse

I still haven't finished the main game yet but this'll be a good incentive for the challenge achievements.

djkeogh wrote: »
    Yea I'm gonna add you guys who are doing the challenge rooms now to give me a target to beat and incentive to keep going. Still only got a score of about 12K on the first combat one. I want to snag all 3 bats before moving onto the next one.

12k, thats savage....I can only manage 7k.

How did you get 12k....just combos, or mixing it up with batarangs and batclaws.

I think I have 13 or 14k in the first room burning eclipse is in the lead on my friends list with 16k!!! Got to keep the combos going with out getting hit, do a take down after 5 hit combo and then keep carrying on the combo as far as you can. The take downs are unblockable by knife guys and dudes with stun so save it for them. The lucky bastards :P , I love the move where Bats kicks them in the back of the legs so their on their knees then swiftly back heals them into the face yeaaaaaaah eat it criminal! Your the disease and im the cure.

Can you only do 1 takedown per combo ?

Also..then i try do the move..ehh...B+Y...i think it is..Bats starts jumping and dodging everywhere instead of doing the move. What a joker !! (see what i did there ?? :P)

Ill praccy it later, but its frustrating when you're crap at it lol.

This game has brought about "Skillfull Button Mashing" :eek:

Nope, everytime the combo meter goes yellow you can do a take down or a '' a pick a dude up and fling him at everyone else'' move to get a long combo you need to be quick with button combos, even if you think your two far away hitting the two button will get you a nice leg breaking animation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Not that I got over to see what the PS3 users have been doing (probably canoodling with their attractive cousins) or saying but has the game been as equally received in those circles?

Haha, yea, at the start you're just mashing the buttons but you do need to start timing your button presses to get the combos strung together.

To get my 12k I concentrate mainly on stringing together the combos. I don't go for the variation hits (batarang etc) too much as it gets difficult and breaks the flow. If you can get a free flow combo and not get hit from start to finish you'll rack up a good score and get some good bonus points. There's a 5K bonus for finishing every round without getting hit which I haven't managed to get yet. Most variations i got were 6 at one time I think which gave me a 1K bonus at the end. Presumably all 9 is a large bonus.

Practice really does make perfect

9 variations ??

Can someone explain this ....i thought x was 1, x/a was 2, y/b was 3 and the batarrang was another.

God I'm polar opposites with the combo and predator challenges

• Advertisement

I think Strike is one, Counter is one, and cape stun, thats X, Y & B covered.

Throw( A/X) & Counter Takedown (Y/B) makes it 5.

Batarang & Bat Claw makes it 7. And Dodge (AA) is another.

Dunno what the ninth is, it could be a floor takedown???

yea it think its, punch, counter, batarang, claw, dodge, throw, y/b takedown, ground pound takedown and stun attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

djkeogh wrote: »
    yea it think its, punch, counter, batarang, claw, dodge, throw, y/b takedown, ground pound takedown and stun attack.

That's it. Not that hard do do, just make sure all the guys are on the ground or just getting up because if you try the ground takedown they will usually punch you and break your combo. Also, watch out for people lifting cinder blocks and going for guns.

The hardest map I thought is Shock and Awe on Extreme. Not only is it harder but there's a timer counting down for the electric floor to come on.

If you stay at them long enough you'll get em. I managed 3 batarangs on all of the in about 6 hours playtime, broken up over a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I found getting the longest combos was easiest by mostly hitting X, and aiming for guys that were outside my immediate vicinity, with the occasional counter for the guys that were in close and about to attack. Thats how I got my 40 move combo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

LD 50 wrote: »
    I found getting the longest combos was easiest by mostly hitting X, and aiming for guys that were outside my immediate vicinity, with the occasional counter for the guys that were in close and about to attack. Thats how I got my 40 move combo.

I think there going for the perfect combo achievment where you use every move in the combo. It ups your variation bonus by 5000 if you can get them all in.

Wohoo just got 2:09 on the hospital challenge room! Ment to dive into the campaign some more but ended up playing that and the sewer rat extreme map for an hour. Damn that sewer rat extreme is a bitch

Ive under a min in that :D Dunno if i can beat it as i cant remember my strategy :(

If that's with the 3 medals I'm very impressed

Aye, it is.

In fact i can consistently get under 1 min with the 3, i can tell ye if ye like ;)...dunno how the top people are getting 24 secs though.

Im trying to do ..no.3 i think now (survival tactics)...i have it with 3bats at like 1.40...but i know i can get it near a min,...just the dropping on an enemy that i fail at,,,there is a way to glide manually and get them and get it..but its quite hard.

• Advertisement

Got it to 1.21 , figured that you have to aim forward, and stop gliding and he'll do it.

Room for a lot of improvement as the first 2 bats are gained within 40secs, so you then have plenty of time to just mill the rest...as long as 1 is a fall.

Advertisement