Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arkham Asylum Review

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

The gliding over 100m achievement.

Where's the easiest place to do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

top guys on 24 sec??!! WTF

That is impressive sir, hats off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

celtic723 wrote: »
    The gliding over 100m achievement.

Where's the easiest place to do this?

Top of the clock tower in Arkham East, IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Completed the last predator challenge, thought i did quite well, only to see Will I Am Not had beated me by 7 secs :(

I had tried a few strategies too, and thought i had got it by fluke :P,,,will have to try best it tomorrow

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Seriously, I'm playing this game waaaaaaaaaay too much...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Agreed, I cannot talk up the replayability factor of this game enough, I've finally got all the riddles and I'm still more than happy to play on and beat the challenges rather than do it out of necessity as with so many other games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

some savage score by some of ye on the combat challenges.....I am getting better but nowhere near the scores ye are getting....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

It'd be nice to be able to watch videos of the best times from the leaderboards. I'm still wildly inconsistent with my scores, I must sit down and play for a few hours straight to actually practice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Just trying to beat the last combat challenge, Rumble in the Jungle (Extreme) and see on the score boards the top guys have like 2.5million pts, that surely has to be an exploit or one helluva chained combo

(edit) yep, its a glitch, a real shame too as it makes a score on this map pointless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRUn-RFoJb4

I didnt know you could watch the times from the people at top of leaderboards.
    To me thats a shame, as then everyone will just look at the top strats and try copy and perfect them...instead of creating their own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I didnt know you could watch the times from the people at top of leaderboards.
    To me thats a shame, as then everyone will just look at the top strats and try copy and perfect them...instead of creating their own.

Can you? I dont think you can?

You're right though it would kinda ruin it.

Fierce addictive trying to beat some of the scores/times of people on your friends list!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Just got 100% on the Riddles. And I still have all the Challenges to complete. I can't remember the last time I wanted to complete a game 100%. Not even the last few Mario Brothers.

Still can't manage 3 bats on any of the combat ones....

Its not looking like I am gonna get near 100%....93 is as close as I'm gonna get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Still can't manage 3 bats on any of the combat ones....

Its not looking like I am gonna get near 100%....93 is as close as I'm gonna get.

Ah come on now, if Batman can't do it then we're all screwed! :D

The challenges are all about practice and nothing more. Every time I attempt them I discover some new move or strategy, it's all about trying different approaches.

God I love this game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Just finished the 2nd part of scarecrow there and loving this game. When playing it I kinda get reminded of splinter cell. Multiplayer could definitly work if theres going to be a sequel. I remember playing the first multiplayer splintercell on original xbox and it was great and can definitly see a batman multiplayer. goodguys v badguys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

My mate bought it so I'm waiting for him to finish the game so I can play it!

GamesMaster are still going, they're a great read. Although everyone gets their news from the internet these days I enjoy reading a magazine. They're pretty accurate with good games (90%+ gets a Gold Award) but i must mention that they rate highly any game that tries to innovate, which is understandable.

So that means that Little Big Planet got a Gold Award but personally I don't think it's anything special.

Other than that tiny flaw it's an awesome mag :) They spooged over Batman, I can't wait to play it.

Gamesmaster never appealed to me, as its multi format. So half the reviews are usually for games you dont care about.
    Also...most of the mag is usually taken up with Pictures and screenshots, theres rarely a incisive article in there.

niallon wrote: »
    Ah come on now, if Batman can't do it then we're all screwed! :D

I can't manage the big combo's at all, 20 something is the most I managed, then every one is knocked down or I punch the air and break the combo...Its tough as hell.

I have to get the Perfect Knight bonus to get a decent score cause my combos aren't great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I hear what you're saying Sean, I'd be more worried about a games magazine that was one magazine only, like Nintendo's official magazine. They can hardly be critical! Of course their games are awesome. They all are...:rolleyes:

What mag do you read?

It's kinda sad that GameTrailers.com, who do excellent video reviews, are owned by MTV, so you can't take what they say about Rock Band games as unbiased. Although RB1/2 are awesome games.

I have an Xbox and a Wii so it covers most games, but I can see how the mag would be irrelevant to ya. But i like hearing about games regardless if i can/would buy them.

I used to like it when i was younger.

Now I mostly play PC..so PCZone or PCGamer do me, or EDGE is also an excellent multi format mag.

Gametrailers is my fave video related website though...they only gave the beatles rock band 8.7 or something i think.

On a batman topic :P...ive near given up on the fighting challenges,,,,,and have found you need to be real aggressive with the predator ones. Have nearly all them including the extreme down to or under the 1.30 min mark.

Just after cutting 1 extreme time down from 4 mins to 1.03...quite happy :D

Tryin to get the right strategy is a nightmare...and no..you cant watch how the top people did it,,,whoever posted that earlier :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Just managed to finish everthing there now and got my 100% complete. 1 more achievement now for 100% then i can concentrate on trying to beat some of the scores that people have. think i've topped one of the combat challenges.

With the combos I use the B+Y takedown as soon as it's available. Also try to the ground pound as part of a combo as it's big points for that and keeps you going even when everyone is on the ground.

Congrats DJ...ill try take the combat tips on board....i suck terribly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

GamesTM would be my mag of choice. I always found Edge a bit too high brow for something as trivial as video games.

Ha ha ha....1..2..3 Bats

CT-p0001-ST.jpg

Two hours solid and one broken controller later, I finally got 3 bats on the 1st combat challenge...

I'm miles behind ye guys....

djkeogh wrote: »
    Just managed to finish everthing there now and got my 100% complete. 1 more achievement now for 100% then i can concentrate on trying to beat some of the scores that people have. think i've topped one of the combat challenges.

With the combos I use the B+Y takedown as soon as it's available. Also try to the ground pound as part of a combo as it's big points for that and keeps you going even when everyone is on the ground.

Also, Pressing the RT twice really fast does the bat grapple, pull 3 people in and the batarang LT knocks down 3 people too. Good if you feel a little surrounded. And A+B is a throw, also good if your surrounded just aim the guy and a crowd of people, knocks em down.

I always aim my Grapple takedown (B+Y) at the knife guys, because they can mess your flow up, good idea to take em out early and the people who have/pick up the cattle prods.

Have to say, I got all the achievments awhile ago and haven't been back to it since. I'm not really a score chase kinda person, might just trade it in or sell it on adverts. Don't wanna get rid of it too soon though, in case they announce dlc.

Maybe go back and play it on hard ? Its is actually difficult !

You don't get prompted to counter...i.e there is no 3 white lines above their heads to tell ye when to counter...add to that they do more damage it seems and have more health

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

:mad:AAARRRGGGHHHH on the joker battle last night with 220 riddles done turned it back on today to finish off and got : Corrupt save please delete!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!:mad:

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Maybe go back and play it on hard ? Its is actually difficult !

You don't get prompted to counter...i.e there is no 3 white lines above their heads to tell ye when to counter...add to that they do more damage it seems and have more health

I've done it on hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

robk24 wrote: »
    :mad:AAARRRGGGHHHH on the joker battle last night with 220 riddles done turned it back on today to finish off and got : Corrupt save please delete!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!:mad:

Ah man that is ****.
    Happened to me during the summer with my Street Fighter 4 file.
    No matter how good a game is something like that is always going to leave a sour taste in your mouth.

• Advertisement

Just managed to get the 3 bats on Sewer Bat at long last. Thats enough for tonight now. Cant believe I broke a controller.

Scored just over 18k, No chance of me getting any higher on the leaderboards anyways

Advertisement