Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arkham Asylum Review

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Im 833rd in the world at Intensive lobby extreme!!! It aint great but im happy with it :P

Seanderman, your killing me dude your at the top of the leaderboards on most of the challenges by a contry mile. Most of your times are under a minute.Scum bag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Love this game, but havent got all the time to play it, and even though I spent only 5 mins at it I'm a bit puzzled about the Croc Trap bit. I'll have a google of it now, can't seem to get him to fall back into the trap batman created with the spray.

Btw, some serious gamerscores on here lads. Thats serious gaming to be fair, anything over 30,000 is madness! I thought I was doing well to get to 3,000 odd since July :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

You just have to collect all the spores.

Then at the end its a chase all the way back, and he runs into the trap by default..nothin you really do tbh.

All about aggressive strategys i found RAIN,,, I can tell ye mine for any you're fnding too long if ye want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

SeantheMan wrote: »
    All about aggressive strategys i found RAIN,,, I can tell ye mine for any you're fnding too long if ye want

Do tell.....The Record Breaker Extreme...I have done that in 3 or 4 mins I think. You are 1 or 2 mins I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I'd be interested in finding out too :D

• Advertisement

Ok....from the start..

-Run forward.... Sonic Bat the guy standing in the very middle between the two stairs,,,this should happen around the 6-8 second mark (you can do it earlier..but you need the next guard far along to the rail to pull off)

-Above to the nearest left rail is a guard...you grapple up..and pull him down onto the floor...should be at the 16-18 second mark (you need to be unseen after doing this)

-Run back to where you began the level at the end of that room....the guards should come running to investigate the guard you just pulled down...they should all be there by 30-33sec mark

-Batarang the 3 of them..though more than likely all 4 will be there.

-Should be about the 42-45 sec mark now when theyre straggling out of a daze...you should still be where you started and threw the batarang... and you just zip through them

-BUT...when you hit 2...(you may be lucky and hit 3 or 4) ...you just drop and then take the rest out with punches and ground takedowns. That last part is the hardest...avoiding bullets..stayin alive etc. But with a bit of luck and timing...you should easily get a time under 1.30
    It'll probably take you a few tries...but as i said..its aggressive and the best way to get a quick time and 3 bats

Thats the way I did it anyways

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I started on the challenges last night. I honestly cannot see myself going for high scores on them at all. If I can get the 3 Bats on the challenges then that is great, but I dont think I'll be too bothered if I don't.

I lots 2 solid days and alot of my hair on getting a 5 star on one of the challenges in resident Evil 4, and I know I am going to put myself through hell again if i take these challenges seriously!

You just have to collect all the spores.

Sorry Spores?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I started on the challenges last night. I honestly cannot see myself going for high scores on them at all. If I can get the 3 Bats on the challenges then that is great!

Same as that FG, I just want the 3 Bats on each to get my 100%...It is not looking likely though, I have all the Predator ones done, they were easy, but the combat ones are a nightmare....It has taken me a week to get 3 Bats in the 1st 2 challenges, Shock & Awe is the next one, I think thats as far as I'm gonna get.

As the for the "Spores" Trilla, at one stage in the game your objective is to collect spores
    in Killer Crocs liar, you mightn't have got this far yet, hence the spoiler tag

Is there another "croc trap" bit im not aware of other than the part in the sewers ?

• Advertisement

Is there another "croc trap" bit im not aware of other than the part in the sewers ?

nope just that one, where exactly are you stuck, what is happening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Some free DLC on the way next week. No word yet on what it is.... probably some challenge rooms.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/08/free-batman-arkham-asylum-dlc-coming-next-week/

Hopefully easier challenge rooms...

thorbarry wrote: »
    nope just that one, where exactly are you stuck, what is happening?

this is the one where you hit him with the batarang and run back closer and closer to the trap. I get him to within about 10/15f of the tunnel, then when i creep out again he's the otherside of me. Dont get the spores bit?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Trilla wrote: »
    this is the one where you hit him with the batarang and run back closer and closer to the trap. I get him to within about 10/15f of the tunnel, then when i creep out again he's the otherside of me. Dont get the spores bit?!
    You don't lure him into the trap. You follow the meter on the screen. It shows your distance from the spores. If it goes red and increases you are further away. Just batarang him in the face and follow the indicator of distance. You need five I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Trilla wrote: »
    The trap is for the end of the Croc bit. First you must follow the meter on the left, it will count down when your heading in the right direction. Keep going and you will see a green thing hanging from the roof. Batrang it, there the spores. You need to fill up the test tube then head back to the trap.

ah ok
    to the right of your screen there should be a meter thingy, this will count down the closer you get to the plant spores, if it goes up, you are going in the wrong direction. Keep going until it is at 0, when its at 0 you will see the plant spores. Best thing is to crouch and walk, stops croc from popping up and scaring the **** out of ya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Bought it today, very impressed by the first 3 hours so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

probably a few more challenge rooms I'd imagine.

I agree with those who are finding the combat challenges difficult. They certainly are. Much harder than the predator ones (At least for getting the 3 bats). The key to success and a decent high score is of course combos.

-Don't aim for bonuses. Forget about the combo variation bonus. If you get the Dark Knight or Free flow then well and good but it's not the end if you don't get any.
    - Number 1 priority is to keep your combo going, higher the combo the more points you get.
    - Fight the guys at the edges. Keep to the outskirts where you can't get surrounded. If you find yourself in a tight spot then dodge away a few times. Dodging won't break you're combo.
    - Next you need to start taking note of what hits get you points. Eg, standard punch =10pts. Power punch = 20pts, Throw = 25pts, Combo takedown = 50pts and groundpound = 100pts
    - Now factor in that the combo amount is mulitplied by the points of the move you do. so if you have a combo of 20 and execute a ground pound that gives you 2K points right there.
    - Mix it up and keep the combo going and you're gonna score big points.

It seems impossible at first but once you begin to see where points are made you can prioritize and take down good scores relatively easy. Once you have the fighting down you can mix it up with variations to take down bigger bonuses without losing your combo streak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Anyone else see the notice of the free DLC coming in 9 days, it's probably the challenge maps and the joker that the PS3 users got free from day 1. Still something to look forward to.

• Advertisement

djkeogh wrote: »
    probably a few more challenge rooms I'd imagine.

I agree with those who are finding the combat challenges difficult. They certainly are. Much harder than the predator ones (At least for getting the 3 bats). The key to success and a decent high score is of course combos.

-Don't aim for bonuses. Forget about the combo variation bonus. If you get the Dark Knight or Free flow then well and good but it's not the end if you don't get any.
    - Number 1 priority is to keep your combo going, higher the combo the more points you get.
    - Fight the guys at the edges. Keep to the outskirts where you can't get surrounded. If you find yourself in a tight spot then dodge away a few times. Dodging won't break you're combo.
    - Next you need to start taking note of what hits get you points. Eg, standard punch =10pts. Power punch = 20pts, Throw = 25pts, Combo takedown = 50pts and groundpound = 100pts
    - Now factor in that the combo amount is mulitplied by the points of the move you do. so if you have a combo of 20 and execute a ground pound that gives you 2K points right there.
    - Mix it up and keep the combo going and you're gonna score big points.

It seems impossible at first but once you begin to see where points are made you can prioritize and take down good scores relatively easy. Once you have the fighting down you can mix it up with variations to take down bigger bonuses without losing your combo streak.

What actually breaks a combo apart from a missed attack and a hit from an opponent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

I'm...going...to...snap! The combat challenges are killing me! Gonna focus on the Predator ones till they're finished and return, otherwise I'll be a lot of money out of pocket getting a 360 controller removed from my telly!

You know a game is good when youv gone through at least 1 joy pad and you still want more.

RAIN wrote: »
    You know a game is good when youv gone through at least 1 joy pad and you still want more.

Ya, I smashed one. So stupid, It wont happen again anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Anyone else see the notice of the free DLC coming in 9 days, it's probably the challenge maps and the joker that the PS3 users got free from day 1. Still something to look forward to.

I've got the PS3 version (The zoomed out camera won it for me as to which version to get) and the announcement shows there too, so I think it'll be new/unique challenge(s)...

I've got the PS3 version (The zoomed out camera won it for me as to which version to get)

How did that help ya decide which version to get? Are there differences in the camera angles in the two versions? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

one star off perfect on shock and awe extreme.twice missed 3 starring it by under 150 points.Think the controller is gonna batarang into the screen soon.

I'm getting the hang of the combat challenges. I actually think that it was genius to include them. Not only am I now thinking of gtting 3 bats because I am getting better, but because I now think that I will finish on hard because I will be gaining much more xp per battle which will allow me to get access to stuff faster.

Anyone care to share a strategy for the 1st shock and awe room.

I can only manage 20k in it about. I use the grapple loads, and try not to get hit, but them I always get hit a few times, so no 5k bonus.

• Advertisement

The challenge rooms are a great idea, they really do give the game serious replay value. I love that even if you only have ten minutes to spare you can dive in and get some stuff done.

Advertisement