Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arkham Asylum Review

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

RAIN wrote: »
    The challenge rooms are a great idea, they really do give the game serious replay value. I love that even if you only have ten minutes to spare you can dive in and get some stuff done.

Agreed. I'm finding it hard to get time to play the main game but its good to be able to sneak in challenge rooms here and there.

I have only unlocked one predator challenge so far but look forward to challenging boards.ie leaderboards.

Challenging the boards.ie combat challenge leaderboards not so much.

Just watched the latest Zero Punctuation and apparently Arkham Asylum is up for the chop next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Just watched the latest Zero Punctuation.

What exactly is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

thorbarry wrote: »
    How did that help ya decide which version to get? Are there differences in the camera angles in the two versions? :confused:

The camera is closer in to Batmans back in the 360 version, and zoomed out a little on the PS3 version, which makes it easier to see if there is anyone coming up behind/beside you in the middle of a gang fight!
    Lens Of Truth show pretty good comparisons which help show which version is graphically superior.
    http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=14110

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation

A web-video series that "reviews" games by mostly pointing out their bad points. All done in a comic manner. All very funny.

I don't want to get too off topic but if your watching them for the first time I recommend the Halo Wars & Guitar Hero 3 reviews to give you a good taste of what its like.

It will be interesting to see what bad points can be found for Arkham Asylum, I'm hard pushed to find any thus far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

The camera is closer in to Batmans back in the 360 version, and zoomed out a little on the PS3 version, which makes it easier to see if there is anyone coming up behind/beside you in the middle of a gang fight!
    Lens Of Truth show pretty good comparisons which help show which version is graphically superior.
    http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=14110

Thats pretty interesting, you can see it is a bit more zoomed out.

4010__600x338_h2h_batman_aa_00017.jpg

I didn't notice the camera getting in the way really on the xbox, except for one area where you are climbing the ruins underground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Trilla wrote: »
    What exactly is that?

The funniest video game reviews to be scene, hands down! I recommend the Smash Bros two part review!

EDIT: Beaten to the punch!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The camera's proximity to bats while walking bugged me on the 360 demo.
    That, and he walked like he had a plank up his arse.
    I think I'll hold out for the PC version. Perhaps it'll be more like teh PS3 version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Just went to play there and my saved game is gone. I was fighting poison Ivy, im very annoyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    Just went to play there and my saved game is gone. I was fighting poison Ivy, im very annoyed.

Jaysus sorry to hear that man. Just cleared it there at 64%, Ivy was by far the toughest boss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

it's terrible, when you have batman running and his cape is flapping, my missus said to me look at his arse. Now it's all i can do when he runs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Rocksteady pwone PC pirates.

Combat modes are killing me, even if im doing amazingly well il restart if I get once that 5000 you get at the end is crucial but I have realised that if you get anywhere past 30 hits in a row your score skyrockets.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Spent a few hours yesterday at the challenges. Got my 40 hit combo achievement and now have Silvers on both challenges (16+ bats each).

I'm wondering how what you need to go to get that achievement where you need to string every move into one combo?

Counter
    Punch
    Flying Punch
    Special Throw
    Special Takedown
    Takedown

Do you need to add the Batarang etc?

duploelabs wrote: »
    it's terrible, when you have batman running and his cape is flapping, my missus said to me look at his arse. Now it's all i can do when he runs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXZDUfQE45I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Spent a few hours yesterday at the challenges. Got my 40 hit combo achievement and now have Silvers on both challenges (16+ bats each).

I'm wondering how what you need to go to get that achievement where you need to string every move into one combo?

Counter
    Punch
    Flying Punch
    Special Throw
    Special Takedown
    Takedown

Do you need to add the Batarang etc?

Punch = A button
    Cape stun = B button
    Bat-claw = Right trigger
    Bat-arang = Double tap Left trigger
    Floor finisher = Right trigger + Y button
    Throw = X & A buttons (need a combo of 8 hits or 5 before you can use this move)
    Avoid = Double tap A button to jump over the enemy
    Limb Breaker = Y + B buttons (same required as throw to get this move to work).
    Counter = Y button when enemy is about to hit you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Punch = X button
    Cape stun = B button
    Bat-claw = Double tap Right trigger
    Bat-arang = Tap Left trigger

Floor finisher = Right trigger + Y button
    Throw = X & A buttons (need a combo of 8 hits or 5 before you can use this move)
    Avoid = A button to jump over the enemy
    Limb Breaker = Y + B buttons (same required as throw to get this move to work).
    Counter = Y button when enemy is about to hit you

Fixed it for you.

• Feck Sake! What's the limb breaker?? I completed this game last week and i never broke any limbs :/
    Did i miss something? An upgrade maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Is it not the left and right buttons, not triggers that do the bat-claw and bat-a-rang?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

nope it's the triggers, Buttons are for scanning and detective mode

rizzla wrote: »
    Fixed it for you.

Pulled it off another site, didnt bother to read or fix it :P

But thanks

• Advertisement

This has been posted elsewhere on boards but as this thread is "Arkham Asylum Reviw..."

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/926-Batman-Arkham-Asylum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Anyone downloaded the new update thing, or is it out?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I think its out tomorrow with the PC version.

I believe it's out now on the Marketplace alright. I put in on my queue to download for this evening. From what I've read it's 1 new combat and 1 new Predator Challenge Map with no new achievements. No great shakes by any means. It'll be enough to get me back to the game for another hour or 2 at the challanges but that's about it.

djkeogh wrote: »
    I believe it's out now on the Marketplace alright. I put in on my queue to download for this evening. From what I've read it's 1 new combat and 1 new Predator Challenge Map with no new achievements. No great shakes by any means. It'll be enough to get me back to the game for another hour or 2 at the challanges but that's about it.

No new achievements, but it makes it easier to get the golds on predator and combat which require 24 bats each in total.

Thats true. For those who have completed the game on Hard and gotten 3 bats on all challenges I don't think it's gonna be a huge draw to come back to the game though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Just finished the story there. How do you catch a batarang? And where is a good high place to go to glide 100m?

Don't know if i'll bother with getting the medals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

EGriff wrote: »
    Just finished the story there. How do you catch a batarang? And where is a good high place to go to glide 100m?

Don't know if i'll bother with getting the medals.

The very top of Arkham Mansion is the best to get the 100m glide.

And use the batarang that you can control, and fly around back in a circle towards batman and he will catch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

wooo got in the top 100 on the new challenge(48), prob go back on later on and be down at something like 4 millionth place though lol.

• Advertisement

In the combat or predator challenges ?

Advertisement