Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arkham Asylum Review

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I have high hopes for it anyways, with Dini writing the script and Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill on board, and the clips we've seen of it, it looks like it has huge potential, but the Eidos review embargo does cast a bit of doubt over the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

The fact that a demo is coming three weeks before the game is released shows a certain confidence in the product though. If it sucks, everyone with a vague interest and an internet connection will know it by then!

I'm remaining quite hopeful about this game. I remember first reading about it over a year and a half ago, thinking it looked and sounded awesome. Bioshock came out around the same time in 2007 and it blew me away, I want that to happen again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

RAIN wrote: »
    Its going to be good, if the Devs have the confidence to release a demo for a highly anticapated game then its probably a good sign, id say this has a chance of being one of the most downloaded Demo's ever on Live and PSN!

Yeah... remember Resident Evil 5? How many people were counting down the days until it was released only to forget about it after the playing the demo?

That said I do agree with most people here, I so badly want it to be good but don't expect to be blown away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

CKWPORT wrote: »
    and Mark Hamill on board

Hardly the mark of quality now is it? :)

To me, it certainly is.

The Animated series version of The Joker is the best version ever seen on screen IMHO. A large part of this is due to Hamill's brilliant voice acting.

Same goes for Kevin Conroy voicing Batman.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mark Hamill is a fantastic voice actor and also thought his version of joker was absolutely brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

The Animated series version of The Joker is the best version ever seen on screen IMHO. A large part of this is due to Hamill's brilliant voice acting.

Didn't know that was him, fair play!

I had a look at his page IMDB page there, he's been very busy.

All is forgiven Bombleswizzum

Mark Hamill is a great voice actor alright! There's no doubting the production values of this game, the only worry is that it'll be style over substance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Mark Hamill has actually taken Star Wars off his resume!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Hey what do people think, Do i really need to pre order this or can i just pick up a copy after work when it comes out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

thorbarry wrote: »
    Hey what do people think, Do i really need to pre order this or can i just pick up a copy after work when it comes out?

you rarely need to preorder any games tbh, youll have no bother getting this on launch day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Helix wrote: »
    you rarely need to preorder any games tbh, youll have no bother getting this on launch day
    That is unless you want to collectors edition with the batarang! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Dunno if its been posted yet, but the PSN demo is up now

Its 1.4GB

Cool, will check XBL when i get home....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Cool, will check XBL when i get home....

think its out tomorrow on xbl

I think it was supposed to be tomorrow on PS3, 360 and Windows, if its up early on the PS3, I was hoping it might be the same on the 360, probably isn't but will check it out anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Where can I pre-order the collectors edition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I just checked XBL there. No sign of it yet anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It's there now

• Advertisement

Ya downloading it now too, should be down by the time I get home tonight from work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Ahhhhhhhhhh got red ringed last night as i was downloading it!!!

Fail

GNa have to do it on PSN. Damn you microsoft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Seems quite good. Graphically, it's very interesting looking. Only played it for about 10 minutes to get a feel for the controls, and they seem to work well. Seems like it will be worth the asking price anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Ya downloading it now too, should be down by the time I get home tonight from work...

I'm in the same boat. C'mon 5:30...

4:30, plus a 45min drive home!

I was really looking forward to this game and i played the Demo last night. Graphics are great. The Batman character looks great also. The controls are ok . Very smooth, plays a bit like The Watchmen Game.

If you remember Batman begins on the xbox, its like that. Kinda like Tenchu.

On the downside the bad guys all look the same and the fact that every level is predetermined makes it predictable :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

the demo's good, i wasn't expecting that at all. the looks are possibly the most impressive aspect that i noted.

the combat is a bit of a button basher, i feel that may wear thin sooner rather than later. the demo is cleverly short enough that it's not a definitive issue.

i've gone from no interest whatsoever to keeping my eye out for some reviews with a possible rental in mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Very smooth, plays a bit like The Watchmen Game.

Only not tedious :)

I can't wait to get home and play this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Just finished the demo, I quite liked the combat in it, the glide kick into a takedown is funky, as is the other stealth takedowns. The stealth aspect is another enjoyable aspect of the game, I'll definately invest in this game now, in the CE form of the game to boot :)

Advertisement