Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arkham Asylum Review

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Another review is up on metacritic....95 from Game Informer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Played through the demo and only played through it the once. Wasn't blown away by the graphics but I think the gameplay and the freedom in it really had me enjoying it. Not much else out at the moment so it's looking like it'll be a good game to fly through a few times. Liking the look of it all in and all spooking the bad guys is great. Unless there are a heap of negative reviews it'll be finding it's way into my collection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

mailrewop wrote: »
    will you be able to go back to areas that you've played through or after finishing the game can you start again with all your gadgets cause when you are in the room where you have to save the guard theres a wall that can be knocked down.

Ya this is going to be a feature of the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

when you hang people upside down, you can also throw your batarang at them to cut them down. it doesn't do anything but its fun

If you have someone already hanging from a particular gargoyle, you can't use that gargoyle again for another takedown, so I guess cutting them down will free up the gargoyle for use again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,025 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Played the demo on PS3 last night not exactly blown away by any stretch of the imagination.Fighting seems to be just button mashing and there doesn't seem to be much variation in the stealth kills,will give it another run through tonight without my girlfriend in my ear to turn it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Will be interesting to see if these early review scores match up with the late review scores considering the talk of Eidos trying to pull a fast one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

gotta be honest after playing the demo- i think it plays great and the story is good too, really excited now:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

I'm not a huge batman fan, and frankly want to punch Christian Bale in the face for the batman voice (shudder). I started the demo... It was IN THE RAIN (you have to do the voice yourself)... press X to hit... oh oh.... but then... DETECTIVE MODE... Hmm this is fun.... Wait this game is good, it's like gears of splinter cell....

I may well buy this, the detective mode is great, the stealth works well, graphics are nice enough. Now I like batman again.

Dinner Dinner Dinner Dinner Dinner Dinner Dinner BATMAN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

I'm not a huge batman fan, and frankly want to punch Christian Bale in the face for the batman voice (shudder). I started the demo... It was IN THE RAIN (you have to do the voice yourself)... press X to hit... oh oh.... but then... DETECTIVE MODE... Hmm this is fun.... Wait this game is good, it's like gears of splinter cell....

I may well buy this, the detective mode is great, the stealth works well, graphics are nice enough. Now I like batman again.

Dinner Dinner Dinner Dinner Dinner Dinner Dinner BATMAN!

I mean LEADER!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I mean LEADER!

ha ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Cold|Fusion

It's out now. In the usual places, some people are saying it takes only 5 hrs to complete. On the second stage and loving it.

EDIT : Edited above message, sorry.

C|F

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

It's out now. Also verified in the abgx db, came from a source in the UK, legitimate retail disc as only verified uploaders can up to the abgx db since wav3 discs appeared. On the second stage and loving it.

C|F

:confused: I have no idea what that means? where did you get the game?

Apparently there is a review coming on IGN today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

He downloaded a leaked version from a usenet newsgroup and is playing it on a modified xbox. Not somethin to brag about on these forums as discussion on pirated games is against the forum charter I believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Holy Glowing Reviews, Batman.....

Eurogamer -
    9/10
    IGN -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Must download this demo and have a look. And there was me thinking at the start of summer what a crap summer it was going to be for games but now this looks good and added to BF1943 and Shadow Complex is might be a pretty good summer for games after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rascal77

Every mag I've read gave this game a massive thumbs up,which is something new for a superhero game.Think I''ll add this to my collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Sorry if this is old news, but the NTSC version is region free:)
    Seems to be cheaper to buy it from this side of the pond these days though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Im suprised that reviews are so good for this (not counting the ones that have been out the last few weeks as they reek of that dodgy deal thing).

Il wait till all reviews are in before I decide. Anyone recommend good cheap sites to buy off? Cant really afford the 60 euro these days, especially with talk the game only takes 5-6hrs to complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Cold|Fusion

Ok, the comment I made about it being about 5hrs of gameplay is not true. I just been talkin' to a mate who has been playing for about 7 hrs and he says he's 27% of the way through. SO lastability seems good! Sorry about that comment, I shouldnt believe everything I read :)

C|F

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thats a fantastic review.... Roll on Friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Was this not released yesterday?
    Heading to the States so might just pick it up there.

edit - apparently not, thought I read the 21st somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

I'm definitely shocked at how good the reviews are. Was expecting solid 8's all round. Definitely gonna pick this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

There's already a playthrough up on youtube if anyone wants a look, first 30 mins or so (divided up of course)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahPL3IckUuo is the first one, follow from there if you like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Cant floooping wait for this !!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i'm going to be outside gamestop friday at 9am to collect my collectors edition

cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

dunworth1 wrote: »
    i'm going to be outside gamestop friday at 9am to collect my collectors edition

cant wait

thats a bit extreme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

thats a bit extreme.

the collector's edition comes with a batarang.

nothing is extreme when it comes to having your own bat toys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Joker challenges footage.

Doesnt look like we will be missing too much.

Advertisement