Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arkham Asylum Review

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

RAIN wrote: »

cool you get to play as the joker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

dunworth1 wrote: »
    cool you get to play as the joker

only on the ps3 version

mailrewop wrote: »
    only on the ps3 version

damm

There's already a playthrough up on youtube if anyone wants a look, first 30 mins or so (divided up of course)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahPL3IckUuo is the first one, follow from there if you like

Why would anyone want to watch someone else playing it?.... would just spoil loads of it.... would be like letting someone explain a film to ya before you get to watch it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Can't wait for this now. Shame I have a 9am to 8pm shift on release day but I'm off for the week after so will definitely be giving it a spin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Can't wait for this now, I'll be getting to Gamestop as early as possible. I wish I had that whole weekend free...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

What do you guys reckon. I am getting this after work on Friday, I'll pass an extra vision and gamestop on the way home, what's best in terms of price and stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

In my experience, Xtravision.
    Look up phone numbers for both and stick them on your mobile.
    Call during the day on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I checked with Gamestop on Sunday and was told it was €65 for the Collector's Edition. I don't normally go for collector's editions but a bat-a-rang is pretty sweet.

More on topic I have found Xtra-Vision to be very cheap regarding new releases, got one or two on release day for €40 this year.

yea i do find Xtra-Vision can be very good for games.... but €65 for the collectors edition, thats not too bad at all

• Advertisement

Bus Fare to & from town to purchase Batman Game: €4
    Order Pizza for dinner so as not to waste game time: €10

After hours of playing as the Dark Knight you sneak upstairs in the night and perch yourself just outside the attic. Then you wait until your House-mate/ maybe your Cat gets up at 3am to go to the jacks and you throw your batarang at his head, hope it returns to you, seal the attic and listen to him say "WTF?" while you sit in the attic comfortable in the knowledge that the Dark Knight himself would be proud of you: €65.

Bus Fare to & from town to purchase Batman Game: €4
    Order Pizza for dinner so as not to waste game time: €10

After hours of playing as the Dark Knight you sneak upstairs in the night and perch yourself just outside the attic. Then you wait until your House-mate/ maybe your Cat gets up at 3am to go to the jacks and you throw your batarang at his head, hope it returns to you, seal the attic and listen to him say "WTF?" while you sit in the attic comfortable in the knowledge that the Dark Knight himself would be proud of you: €65.

hahahaha

Sit on your roof and wait for pizza guy to come, when he gets out of his car, throw batarang at his head, knocking him out, resulting in free pizza (and a lawsuit)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Placed my pre-order on Gamesnash for this yesterday. Still up to my neck in Fallout 3 at the moment though so might have to concentrate on finishing it before I get stuck into some Bat Action. Might prove hard to resist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Do you only get the Armoured batsuit if you buy from play.com?

Or does it come with special edition too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Did you pre-order the collectors edition from Gamesnash? I couldn't see it on their site.
    Went in to xtravision in galway at the weekend and they said they weren't getting the collectors edition in and they didn't even have a price for the normal edition.
    Anyone know where I can order the collectors edition in Galway?

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

mika27 wrote: »
    Did you pre-order the collectors edition from Gamesnash? I couldn't see it on their site.
    Went in to xtravision in galway at the weekend and they said they weren't getting the collectors edition in and they didn't even have a price for the normal edition.
    Anyone know where I can order the collectors edition in Galway?

It was not offered to any of the independents in Ireland. I'm not 100% sure but I think it's a gamestop exclusive.

I wouldn't say its a gamestop exclusive as GAME & HMV will be stocking it. Xtra-Vision never really go for special editions anyway, just the regular edition at a cheap price.

As for not letting independents stock the collector's edition, thats a shame. Can't think of any good reason why they shouldn't.

I'll run in to Gamestop so tomorrow. Wish you could pre-order over the phone :(

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Generally what happens is a certain amount of a limited edition are produced. They are then touted around to large retailers and distributors who must give a commitment to buying X amount of the ltd edition and Y amount of the standard edition. Sometimes an exclusive deal is done in return for a very large purchasing commitment.

When all this is done any leftovers are offered out through the distributors to the smaller chains and independent stores. In some cases the Irish distributor may have decided not to make the purchasing commitments required to stock a limited edition or bigger chains like Game / Gamestop etc agree to purchase the entire stock before it gets offered to the distributors. Long and short of it is the big guys get first refusal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I think the special edition comes with a challenge map, not the armour. I suspect all of the pre-order exclusive content will become available to download later though, so I wouldn't worry.

• Advertisement

here is a link with the special things you get when you preorder from different stores

http://www.batmanarkhamasylum.com/purchase

i like the look of the stuff you get with HMV

Sweet!

I pre-ordered mine with Gamestop as I had a voucher to use and from looking at those nice extras it looks like I'll get nothing. Awesome.

I want the armoured batsuit but if I order from play.com i'll be lucky to get it by christmas

I've just been on to Game in galway and they told me that Gamestop have exclusivity on the collectors edition in retail stores in Ireland (as you've already said Pat). Rang Gamestop then and they're only getting 4 in and they're all booked, surprise surprise.

Will just have to make do with the standard edition, Gamesnash here I come :D

I wonder will they have many collectors editions in gamestop or would they be sold out, I wont be there till 5:30 so i would guess not :(

thorbarry wrote: »
    I wonder will they have many collectors editions in gamestop or would they be sold out, I wont be there till 5:30 so i would guess not :(

Best to ring them first I'd say. Sounds like there is a very limited supply of them if they only have 4 in galway

mika27 wrote: »
    Best to ring them first I'd say. Sounds like there is a very limited supply of them if they only have 4 in galway

yea not a bad idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I've been playing this since monday and im loving it.

Deserves it's high scores

Its that good that im ragin that im going on holidays on saturday.

• I've been playing this since monday and im loving it.

Deserves it's high scores

Its that good that im ragin that im going on holidays on saturday.

Me 2, getting hooked, havent found a game with such an interesting story in a long while. Oh and the combat is so refreshingly different. Not to mention the
    Riddlers Riddles
    ... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

You Bastards.

Advertisement