Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arkham Asylum Review

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I've been playing it since Friday and it is a fantastic game. I really like the combat mechanics and so far the story is great and just as gripping as a good movie.

One thing that kind of pisses me off though is that when you get killed it gives you hints of what to do in a boss battle or wherever which I wish it didn't do as I much prefer to figure out that stuff myself. Maybe there is a way to turn it off but i havenn't figured it out yet.

You really get the feeling that you are Batman. I just wish I was at home so I could play more!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Finished it last night with
    100% of the Riddlers Riddles found, and all of the Amadeus Arkham messages. In all fairness, the Riddles are way too easy, but a great idea. I'd love to see the sequel expand on the detective gameplay and maybe make it a bit more puzzling, maybe have The Riddler as the main villain.
    MAJOR
    Although the little bit of a cutscene after the credits suggests something to do with Killer Croc and the Titan drug, which I can't see working very well at all unless it's just a precursor to a bigger plot line.
    Probably one of the best games I've ever played, and I was very skeptical after playing the demo. There's just so much more to the game that the demo doesn't reveal. Also, Mark Hamill is amazing in this, he finally gets to portray The Joker in a much darker light than he's ever done before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Any chance your going to shine a light on how you managed to play it early?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

anti-piracy-measure.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

I posted this as well in the PS3 batman thread but HArvey Norman in Limerick where selling it yesterday i didnt buy it as i have it preordered from the hut. Was on both 360&ps3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bmdmac

I just checked here in harvey Norman in Waterford. Not in there, suppose Friday will have to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I posted this as well in the PS3 batman thread but HArvey Norman in Limerick where selling it yesterday i didnt buy it as i have it preordered from the hut. Was on both 360&ps3

Rev. Kitchen... I love you.

*check sig*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BreakNeckSpeed

I see some of you guys already have batman by your gamertags. Is it now out 'till the 28th or something ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Read the 3 posts above yours. Its all explained there.

You bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Just playing it there for about five hours straight. I'm liking it a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

its on the smyths site as instock so i'll have a look tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

So, if anyone has any news on anywhere (in Dublin :P) selling this early, it'd be much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

regarding some of ye getting the special edition for the batarang, read this first

http://cad-comic.com/news.php?i=1920#1920

One last note... I purchased the Collector's Edition... I don't regret it... I was so hyped up on this game I probably would have paid the guys at Rocksteady to throw the game disc at my forehead for twelve hours. However I do have to point out that while the leather-bound journal in the CE is pretty quality stuff, the advertised Batarang is a hunk of vacuum-formed plastic dog ****. And let's face it, that Batarang is the only reason you buy the damned Collector's Edition.

I wasn't under any illusion that the game was going to come with a metal Batarang that I could actually fight crime with, but you couldn't get worse than this if it were made out of styrofoam. You know that really cheap plastic they make kids beach toys out of? It's kind of like that. It's not even good vacuum molding... the edges are all sanded up where they ground off the flashing.

So just on the FYI, skip the Collector's Edition on this one. It's actually a little bit insulting to an otherwise top notch game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

koneko wrote: »
    So, if anyone has any news on anywhere (in Dublin :P) selling this early, it'd be much appreciated.

They wont post. They're all at home playing :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

event wrote: »
    regarding some of ye getting the special edition for the batarang, read this first

http://cad-comic.com/news.php?i=1920#1920

One last note... I purchased the Collector's Edition... I don't regret it... I was so hyped up on this game I probably would have paid the guys at Rocksteady to throw the game disc at my forehead for twelve hours. However I do have to point out that while the leather-bound journal in the CE is pretty quality stuff, the advertised Batarang is a hunk of vacuum-formed plastic dog ****. And let's face it, that Batarang is the only reason you buy the damned Collector's Edition.

I wasn't under any illusion that the game was going to come with a metal Batarang that I could actually fight crime with, but you couldn't get worse than this if it were made out of styrofoam. You know that really cheap plastic they make kids beach toys out of? It's kind of like that. It's not even good vacuum molding... the edges are all sanded up where they ground off the flashing.

So just on the FYI, skip the Collector's Edition on this one. It's actually a little bit insulting to an otherwise top notch game.

Cheers for the heads up dude. I was thinking about getting it, but i would have liked a solid Batarang, not some flimsey plastic thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

mailrewop wrote: »
    its on the smyths site as instock so i'll have a look tomorrow

Thats interesting, do let us know if you manage to get it :D

Gonna check in Xtravision once I'm finished in the dole office :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

xtravison are giving a free dvd with the game, its an animated dvd called tales of the dark knight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

mailrewop wrote: »
    xtravison are giving a free dvd with the game, its an animated dvd called tales of the dark knight

Good find, judging from reviews, it features 4 episodes from Batman: The Animated Series, 2 good ones, and 2 bad ones

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Animated-Tales-Dark-Knight/dp/B000087F7K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1251371657&sr=8-2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

People! Start posting places where I can buy this today!! You can strike Harvey Normans of the list cus I got laughed out of the shop in nutgrove!

RAIN wrote: »
    I got laughed out of the shop in nutgrove!

Its not easy being a gamer. Regular people just don't understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Jim wrote: »
    They wont post. They're all at home playing :/

We'll have to make them. You hold them down and I punch. Or the other way round, I'm okay with either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Ok, I got it in Harvey Normans in Limerick, as did Mr. K.

They had 3 copies on the shelf when I picked mine up. Obviously the staff in Limerick are clueless about release dates for games and just put the stock out the minute it came in. Note to self for future...

Tried Xtravision. Denied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

When I saw you playing it on my friends list last night Eclipse, a part of me died.

I havent been this hyped for a game in ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

hmv gamestop game smyths all tallaght - Denied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I just picked up the last one on the shelf in Harvey Normans in Limerick (I'm sure they have more in the stock rooms).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

This is sickening i found it in HN Limerick ye 3 other's get to buy and play it while im still waiting on the stupid hut to post it to me :mad::D

It better be at home when i get there. knowing my luck it wont show till monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Have my copy sitting at home waiting for me from Gamesnash. Hoping the wife will be gracious enough to give me a night off from Fatherhood to delve into it.

Advertisement