Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arkham Asylum Review

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

From my experience working in retail, once a street date is broken by one store then every other store follows suit soon after.

I am refering to chains like HMV-GAME-Gamestop-Smyths-etc. They usually keep an eye one another for broken street dates. Through their snobbery they didn't pay heed to Harvey Normans, if only...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Maybe we should walk into Game and start a loud conversation "Did you hear? Gamestop are selling Batman today...yea yea, lets go to Gamestop....Batman, Gamestop...."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

just got it in harvey norman waterford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Some dozy french dude sold some guy a copy of ODST yesterday!!!! That's a month off and we cant get Batman the day before its going on release.
    Harassed Argos and extravision in Nutgrove also. It didn't go well. I may be banned from every Argos in Ireland.
    Yet again my friend screamed out THEIR PLAYING IT IN LIMERICK!!!! SELL IT TO US! It was a bit of a moment actually, I think I may have video game addiction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

So nowhere other than Limerick then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

RAIN wrote: »
    Some dozy french dude sold some guy a copy of ODST yesterday!!!! That's a month off and we cant get Batman the day before its going on release.
    Harassed Argos and extravision in Nutgrove also. It didn't go well. I may be banned from every Argos in Ireland.
    Yet again my friend screamed out THEIR PLAYING IT IN LIMERICK!!!! SELL IT TO US! It was a bit of a moment actually, I think I may have video game addiction.

Dude seriously, when you get the game I want to see an article/ blog update on your troubles trying to get it. I bet its hilarious :D

Pity my mission is going to end in failure :( elite failure.

thorbarry wrote: »
    Dude seriously, when you get the game I want to see an article/ blog update on your troubles trying to get it. I bet its hilarious :D

And please post it here.
    I can see the final line now...

"I finally turned the xbox on, opened the tray, put the game in all ready to play and...what are those three red lights for?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

And please post it here.
    I can see the final line now...

"I finally turned the xbox on, opened the tray, put the game in all ready to play and...what are those three red lights for?"

hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bmdmac

Checked Harvey Norman here in Waterford again today, got the last 360 copy on the shelf a few ps3 still There though. Time to play. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

on the trek home now to try give this a bash before dinner. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

This may be the wrong place to post this, but has anyone seen a run through of the Joker content online yet? I've a 360 & PS3 and based on the demo I was going to get the 360 version as the Anti-Aliasing makes it look that little bit better. But extra levels... tempting. I've barely gone online though on the PS3 so I'd have no mates to compete against. Also no ping achievement noise. Sad I know :D .
    It'd be the first multi-plat I buy for PS3 if I do get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 gumballz

bmdmac wrote: »
    Checked Harvey Norman here in Waterford again today, got the last 360 copy on the shelf a few ps3 still There though. Time to play. 10.gif

nice.. I'm wanting to get one too :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Xtra-vision on Washington st. Cork are selling it now. Just picked up a copy.

Just rang my local Gamestop (swords) and they said the release date has been broken and its available now. better check with them ahead of going in but i'm on my way now. sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Xtra-vision on Washington st. Cork are selling it now. Just picked up a copy.

Sweet. Just came back from Cork, wish I saw this sooner. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Is the collectors edition exclusive to gamestop or anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I wonder are all xtra-vision selling it then... off i go to check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

V9 wrote: »
    Is the collectors edition exclusive to gamestop or anything?

I've read on a few forums that the collectors editions is an embarrassment compared to the quality of the game; that it doesn't do it justice. The batarang was described as being really badly finished - rough sanded down edges, extremely poor molding and the plastic the cheapest you can imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

EGriff wrote: »
    I wonder are all xtra-vision selling it then... off i go to check.

if you can confirm that would be nice :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

GameStop in Clonmel rang me to say the street date was broken and I could pick it up now, so I assume all GameStops are the same. I've no time for it tonight so I'll leave it until tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    if you can confirm that would be nice :D

Confirmed. I'm ripping the plastic off right now. :cool:
    They're open till ten too i think so plenty time to grab a copy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

My local Xtravision (Lucan) was selling it as well. Cheers, EGriff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

damm

i missed a call from gamestop at 5.55
    they must have been ringing me to tell me i could get it now

i will just have to wait until tomorrow morning

11 hours and 13 minutes too good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bmdmac

So playing the game for about an hour so far, it's just as good as the demo let on. Just got a text from Smyths a few hours ago saying that i can collect it in the morning. No thanks Smyths, way ahead of ya :D

Woohoo got it a few hours ago! Quality so far

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

So is it worth splashing out on? Ive kind of fallen out of love with my 360 in the last year but i'm looking for something to drag me back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Melion wrote: »
    So is it worth splashing out on? Ive kind of fallen out of love with my 360 in the last year but i'm looking for something to drag me back in.

I play a lot of games, and for a game to make me play from 11am this morning till now and not shut the console off all day even when going out for the shopping and a walk in the park this evening so it would be on and ready to go when i got back has to be something special :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played it for a few hours there and as good as expected. Technically great (love zooming on the manic expressions of the Joker in the opening sequence), mechanically sound (although wish combat was more than just one button) and a great atmosphere (
    emerging into the outer grounds for the first time is a stunning sight - superb art design
    ). Riddler Challenges are great fun, and definitely seem to add a bit of longevity to the game (after 3 hours I'm only at 9% complete). Minor problems here and there (repetitive soundbites when exploring the grounds, iffy camera when trying to solve riddles etc...), but then you get to another glorious open-area stealth section and all is forgiven.

Always surprising to play a good licenced game, but it just makes you wonder why other developers can't get it right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I'm glad to say the game is living up to expectations. Played it for a good few hours there this evening and found it hard to put it down. The riddlers riddles and secrets definitely add a bit of much needed longevity and have kept me exploring the game a bit more because of them. The combat is a small disappointment cause it is all based off the one or 2 buttons and so far there's no extra depth to it but having said that when you get a flow of combat going it is quite satisfying.

The demo seems very much to have been the tip of the iceberg on this one and I think anyone who's sitting on the fence with this one, Batman fan or not, you should defo pick it up. It's a bit early in to say but I feel, for me, that this is shaping up to be one of the best of the year.

Advertisement