Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arkham Asylum Review

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

looked around everywere and cant find collectors ed of this..!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I've been taking my time with this one, its a really fun game.. maybe someone can help with this?
    how do i use my explosive gel on a wall that is not on the ground? so far i have come accross 2 walls that i cannot reach with it, its probably an upgrade that i havent unlocked yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

looked around everywere and cant find collectors ed of this..!!!

as far as i know only gamestop has the collectors edition maybe you had to preoder it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

thorbarry wrote: »
    I've been taking my time with this one, its a really fun game.. maybe someone can help with this?
    how do i use my explosive gel on a wall that is not on the ground? so far i have come accross 2 walls that i cannot reach with it, its probably an upgrade that i havent unlocked yet
    you dont, later on the game you upgrade your grapple gun so that it can pull down those walls (much like how at the moment it can pull down grates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

To anyone who has finished the main story, can you keep playing on afterwards to find all the riddler's bits and pieces?

• Advertisement

To anyone who has finished the main story, can you keep playing on afterwards to find all the riddler's bits and pieces?

short answer yes

long answer with small spoiler:
    yes and its alot easier cause there are almost no badguys anymore (it just reloads the fireworks bit) so the place is empty and you can walk around and solve all the riddles without worrying about ivy's plants or anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

anyone else get the party pooper achievement? I couldnt help myself :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

anyone else get the party pooper achievement? I couldnt help myself :P

In all fairness they were just asking for it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Absolutely great game. I love the little things like the Riddlers Puzzles. I'm not a massive Batman comic fan, but I know enough of the history to get the references. Just after getting into the Mansion now and I can't wait to get back on it later tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Going to go back after the main game is finished and mop up the rest of the riddles, some of them are just sooooooo annoying where you have to line up the ? some of the placements of the .'s are just fiendish :pac:

Any play the challenges yet? It's probably just me being rubbish but i nearly dropped when i saw the #1 score on some of the leaderboards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

In all fairness they were just asking for it :D

You mean you could just walk through? I never even considered that option :D.

I didnt even think of walking through when I saw the few outside the door (I sort of jumped them from the shadows in full fury!

But I clicked I could just walk through when I got inside, decided to beat them all up instead. But before I did that I coated the middle of the hall in explosive gel so I didnt have all twenty jumping me. Bataranged the nearest 3 and went to town on the one beside them while my gel knocked everyone else back.

anyone get the hand to hand with an animal achievement (I assume its for
    fighting croc hand to hand. Which I was too nervous to even consider.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hi guys and gals! i bought the collectors edition for the 360 and my wife bought me the standard edition! im keeping the standard but if anyone wants my collectors edition they can have it for what i paid which is 65 euro?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

hi guys and gals! i bought the collectors edition for the 360 and my wife bought me the standard edition! im keeping the standard but if anyone wants my collectors edition they can have it for what i paid which is 65 euro?:)

Adverts.ie mate. You should shift it quick enough there.

Ha! Nothing makes you feel more like Batman than both sneaking around picking off 6 armed guards one at a time, or just jumping down into a gang of 10 thugs and countering and attacking to knock them all out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    anyone get the hand to hand with an animal achievement (I assume its for
    fighting croc hand to hand. Which I was too nervous to even consider.)

I think you get that for beating a titan freak without using a batarang

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Just got the freeflow 20 achievment wohoo.

Anyone notice that you get faster as your hit count goes up! Challenge room's rock.

I havent looked at any spoiler tags so I dont know if anyone has spoken about this yet
    How fcuking cool is the scraecrow bit when you turn into young bruce wayne?? That alone is gaming moment of the year for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

this game kicks ass.

im kicking meself i rented it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Just finished it there, I bet
    a few people will return the game thinking it's broken when they reach the part where the game looks like it does just crash. Happened with MGS and the Psycho Mantis fight.

Great game, haven't even checked out the challenge rooms yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I think you get that for beating a titan freak without using a batarang

It is. There are a few opportunities to get it. I'm trying to get 70% of the riddles done before I finish the game, I'm nearly there! It'll be a few hours before I get to play again though...damnit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

Only took me two days to finish it on normal but boy they were the best two days of gaming i've had all year! Was worried it wasnt going to love up to all the hype, especially since i ament a huge Batman fan, but it just blew me away. Graphics, story, gameplay, ai, cutscenes, eveything is just spot on, so glad i bought it! Now back to play throught it on hard and
    complete the riddler challenges.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

rizzla wrote: »
    Just finished it there, I bet
    a few people will return the game thinking it's broken when they reach the part where the game looks like it does just crash. Happened with MGS and the Psycho Mantis fight.

Great game, haven't even checked out the challenge rooms yet.

Yeah was just about to turn my Xbox off at that part when suddenly it started working again! Only glitch that really stood out.

Was very tempted to take today off sick, sitting playing this game while the rain pelts against the window would have been sweet. Damn Morals :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Feel like a mole surfacing this morning, spent all weekend playing it. What a game. Certainly borrowed elements from splinter cell, and really glad they stuck to the graphic novel version of Batman rather than the film version. Also like the little things, like how his cape and Batman's face got more ragged as the game progressed.
    Although I do find that the detective mode gave a lot away when stalking the armed guards and made it a bit too easy. Always liked in splinter cell when you peered round a corner and there was a guard standing RIGHT THERE and you think to yourself '**** did he see me?'. Detective mode takes that element away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah, pretty much spent most of the weekend playing this, finished it up on Hard last night. You'd think I'm done :/
    Still a few more riddles left to do, and then hitting the Challenge Modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

really am loving the game. Playing through it on Hard myself and taking my time. It's not that difficult a game. On Hard sometimes the goons can get the better of me but the rest is easy enough. Sitll loving taking my time and finding as many of the riddles as possible. Still frustrating knowing that you have to wait to get certain upgrade in order to reach some of the secrets. Keeps it interesting though and will have me roaming back over certain locales looking for stuff.

How freekin cool is it when you get
    the line gun! delived by bat plane! Coulda done with a Gas mask though while it was back at the bat cave :p

The riddles are the best collectibles I've ever seen in a game. It makes you want to get them to see what they are rather than for points! I'm nearly at the end of the story and I have about 60% but I'm definitely planning to go back for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

chrislad wrote: »
    The riddles are the best collectibles I've ever seen in a game. It makes you want to get them to see what they are rather than for points! I'm nearly at the end of the story and I have about 60% but I'm definitely planning to go back for them.

what do you get for the riddles? ive solved a few but i didnt see any rewards. Unless its the character bios and stuff.
    Its a good game alright but i think its been ridiculously overhyped. Ive seen people comparing it to HL2 & RE4, i mean come on. Its a highly polished beat em up, but its not something that completely breaks the mould like HL2.
    I guess not being a massive fan of batman im probably missing out on what other people are getting out of it tho. Im glad its not movie batman tho as i couldnt stand litening to more of christian bales hilarious bat-voice. Tho having said that the guy voicing batman i know he does the voice in the cartoon) but he really phones this performance in. The Joker really upstages him.
    So yeah good game, probably an 8/10

• Advertisement

I do think being a Batman fan makes you want to add an extra point or two. It really does feel like the game you have allways wanted. Add to that the fact that the people who wrote and starred in it also did the award winning animated series and youv got yourself a real boot in the face good title.

I agree with Chris best collectables since Crackdown! They are reward in themselves.

Advertisement