Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonisphere UK Lose ANOTHER Act

• 27-07-2009 4:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Having had Thin Lizzy collapse and Fear Factory sue each other, Sonisphere UK now loose another top act, which means I am now REALLY happy I never went to it....this time Machine Head walk away....

It is with the utmost disappointment that we must announce that Machine Head will not be playing the Sonisphere date at Knebworth in the U.K. on August 2nd.

In a turn of events that has left us absolutely baffled, the promoter of the U.K. Sonisphere festival recently placed, unbeknownst to us, Limp Bizkit in our 3rd slot on the festival. Seeing as the running order was a significant part of the negotiation and agreement between us and the promoter, and the fact that we had been advertised in that slot since the festival's announcement, you can imagine our surprise when we were "told" that we would now be playing in the 4th slot, under Limp Bizkit, and bizarrely, it was actually expected that we would quietly move down the bill without issue. We will not.

Machine Head turned down the U.K.'s Download Festival, a festival we are very fond of - which incidentally, had us above Limp Bizkit - to commit to the Knebworth festival, as we felt a closer kinship to the bands performing this year. In an effort to make this situation in Knebworth work, we have spent more than a week striving to resolve this issue in a proper manner. Unfortunately, that did not happen.

So we have regrettably been left with no choice but to cancel our appearance rather than stand for the disrespect and indignity offered by a promoter who won't honor our agreement. While we know that our fans will be furious about this situation - as are we, beyond words - we trust that you will all understand our position, and we encourage you to voice your opinion about it as loud and clear as possible.

The rest of our festival dates across Europe, including the other Sonisphere dates, as well as our headline of the Wacken festival remain unchanged.

- Machine Head

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

God help Limp Bizkit when Machine Head fans turn up expecting to see them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Read that a few weeks ago over on Metal Ireland. It's as bad as the Metallica gig this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Machine head are really acting like pre madonnas....the way there walking off the bill because limp bizkit are on after them is totally unprofessional. The bigger selling band will 99% of the time be on later, and if they really wanted to show em up they could have just played a blinder before limp bizkit to make them look old and tired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

this is old news.....

but I would have though at this stage Machine Head should be outselling Limp Bizkit ? so it must be on past sales...........(either way I agree it's totally unprofessional to walk away).....

bands drop off bills/tours all the time, we shouldn't be so surprised.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

NIBBS wrote: »
    this is old news.....

but I would have though at this stage Machine Head should be outselling Limp Bizkit ? so it must be on past sales...........(either way I agree it's totally unprofessional to walk away).....

bands drop off bills/tours all the time, we shouldn't be so surprised.....
    After the Blackening they should be that album was massive.

but as Patricide said they should have just accepted it went on,played and blow everyone away like Machine Head usually do anyway :pac:

As Metal Hammer said a pissed off Rob Flynn would have been a site to behold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭kkposse

I wish Machinehead where playing Marley Park, i'd actually go this year just for the then and AIC:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Supposedly the promoters offered them the top spot on the second stage and more money which would have made them third in the order (so higher than LB) cause it is staggered timing on the stages but MH didn't accept this....kinda letting down the fans that have spent hard earned cash already to see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Patricide wrote: »
    Machine head are really acting like pre madonnas....the way there walking off the bill because limp bizkit are on after them is totally unprofessional. The bigger selling band will 99% of the time be on later, and if they really wanted to show em up they could have just played a blinder before limp bizkit to make them look old and tired.
    Surely machine head are waaaay more of a draw than limp bizkit? This isnt 2001 after all :p. The Blackening and all that?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Surely machine head are waaaay more of a draw than limp bizkit? This isnt 2001 after all :p. The Blackening and all that?!
    I dunno, limp bizkit have sold over 60 million records worldwide....even taking into account that a lot of them would be people in a phase theres still more weight with them on the bill than machine head even today i recon. You never know whol come up outta the woodwork to see them, plenty of people would go for the nostalgia of there angry teenage years alone.

I mean im not 100% sure on this cause i couldnt find any figures but have any of there albums acieved planinum commercial success? Again im not sure on this and i could be dead wrong but in my mind i would think that the more commercial succesfull you are in a metal band(without selling out mind you) would equal better concert attendence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Probably a good job MH pulled out of knebworth,phil collapsed again on stage a few days back in finland,may not have been fit enough to resume in time for the UK sonisphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

lord lucan wrote: »
    Probably a good job MH pulled out of knebworth,phil collapsed again on stage a few days back in finland,may not have been fit enough to resume in time for the UK sonisphere.

No mention of them pulling out of Wacken lucan, so I think they would have been fine for Sonisphere - just a pity they hadn't been on the Sat originally - and pulling out of that could have meant playing here instead of one of the bands that dropped out...........I don't know how long Phil is supposed to rest up after an episode (not sure how they phrase if for his condition) but he appeared to be very disappointed right after the show that the fans lost a song from their set........

They must have a serious issue with Fred Durst - there's no hard feelings with Metallica, they are now doing 5 dates on the US leg of the Metallica tour as Lamb Of God have to stop at the start of December.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

NIBBS wrote: »
    They must have a serious issue with Fred Durst - there's no hard feelings with Metallica, they are now doing 5 dates on the US leg of the Metallica tour as Lamb Of God have to stop at the start of December.......

I think there's a lot of bands that have had issues with Durst over the years tbh.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Machine head back on the bill?

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=124397
    A very reliable source has informed BLABBERMOUTH.NET that San Francisco Bay Area metallers MACHINE HEAD will return to the billing of this weekend's Sonisphere festival at the legendary Knebworth Park, United Kingdom. The band — which has removed its Sonisphere cancelation announcement from the group's official web site — will occupy the "special guests" slot (see poster below) on Sunday (August 2) and will perform right before LIMP BIZKIT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

jenizzle wrote: »
    God help Limp Bizkit when Machine Head fans turn up expecting to see them :rolleyes:

Funniest thing Iv seen all day!

Advertisement