Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Literally lookin for an ans

Options
  • 27-07-2009 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Is it just me or do other people get this? When you're eatin a carrot for example, someone with the usual gimpy grin asks "how can you eat that.. carrots have feelings too..that used to be alive............." I remember hearing a brilliant one liner yrs ago but can't remember it now :(.
    Does anyone know anything that wud kill dat conversation dead? Normally I just ignore it coz its people I wudn't really know, trying to make small talk. I really wish I cud remember the putdown, it was class.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Try "**** off"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I do get that quite alot. Also the someone always comes up with the simpsons "I'm a level whatever vegan, I don't eat anythint that casts a shadow".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Try "**** off"

Only decent response.
    raah! wrote: »
    I do get that quite alot. Also the someone always comes up with the simpsons "I'm a level whatever vegan, I don't eat anythint that casts a shadow".

Is that quote from the Simpsons? I've heard that so many times, and I just thought they were being idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Aoifums wrote: »
    Is that quote from the Simpsons? I've heard that so many times, and I just thought they were being idiots.

Yup, now you know that not only are they idiots, but also unoriginal :). Well, maybe we're being harsh on them..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

If god didn't want us to eat carrots he wouldn't have made them out of carrot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

If god didn't want us to eat carrots he wouldn't have made them out of carrot.
    And thats if the fecker ever existed;) Carrots are awesome! I've not heard any such nonsense phrases from people myself though at our expense...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

And thats if the fecker ever existed;) Carrots are awesome! I've not heard any such nonsense phrases from people myself though at our expense...

Lucky you haven't had that. I wouldnt get it from friends anyway, as they are all nearly veggie by now.

As for god, wonder how many veggies in the west like Ireland/Britain would believe in him. I don;t know any that do, taht I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Oh I wish I knew the answer to that! I usually just bring up the fruitarian girl in Notting Hill, which invariably starts a discussion on Hugh Grants attractiveness, and everyone forgets about my carrots feelings! distraction is the key!
    Another very irritating question which other vegetarian ladies may have gotten is if you won't put a sausage in your mouth will you still give head?
    Anyone got a smart answer for that,? it usually leaves me so shocked at the persons rudeness, and obvious idiocy that I have no reply!

You are a woman too? Thought you were a man! hehe. phic sounds manly!

As for the head question, I am used to hearing that one. Maybe tell them you only eat vegetarian sausage? Or to go away.
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

As for god, wonder how many veggies in the west like Ireland/Britain would believe in him. I don;t know any that do, taht I know of.

After years on the internet, where a weird majority of converstion that takes in a very abstract, non-physical and non-spiritual sphere of existence is dedicated to debate on the existence of a god, my answer is usually "I don't give a ****"
    phic wrote: »
    Another very irritating question which other vegetarian ladies may have gotten is if you won't put a sausage in your mouth will you still give head?
    Anyone got a smart answer for that,? it usually leaves me so shocked at the persons rudeness, and obvious idiocy that I have no reply!

I usually have an answer involving "sure I'll ask yore ma!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Cushla wrote: »
    Is it just me or do other people get this? When you're eatin a carrot for example, someone with the usual gimpy grin asks "how can you eat that.. carrots have feelings too..that used to be alive............." I remember hearing a brilliant one liner yrs ago but can't remember it now :(.
    Does anyone know anything that wud kill dat conversation dead? Normally I just ignore it coz its people I wudn't really know, trying to make small talk. I really wish I cud remember the putdown, it was class.

Just tell them: "If you don't show me this carrot's central nervous system in 10 seconds I'll stick this orange bastard in your eye".

That'll learn 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

1. Lean in for a kiss and say, "Taste and see..."
    or
    2. "Why do you think veggie guys look so ...drained?"
    or
    3. ".....where do you think I get my protein?"
    it usually leaves me so shocked at the persons rudeness, and obvious idiocy that I have no reply!

Me too. These are usually 24 hour later replies. :-(
    Perfect delivery, in my head.

kraggy wrote: »
    Just tell them: "If you don't show me this carrot's central nervous system in 10 seconds I'll stick this orange bastard in your eye".

That'll learn 'em.

LOL.

Respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Collie147

Another simpsons one "Yeah, I'm going to marry a carrott"

Or the one my mam used when I was a toddler "have you ever seen a rabbit wearing glasses?"

or just use the logical response "it's a root vegetable thats been cultivated to look and taste this way over the last 1000 years, if it had feelings I'm sure it would have spoken up by now, unlike the pig you've just eaten which squealed all the way through the slaughter house in protest of being killed. Or the cow that yelped in pain when it was shot in the head with a bolt gun. Or the poor chicken thats been crying out in pain since the day it's beak was removed and stuffed in a cage no bigger than your head with 5 other chicks, pooped on, over fed, under exercised and all before it's reached maturity it, it and it's sisters are all killed for you to have your bucket of chicken wings. And thats not to mention it's brothers that were all killed the day it hatched because male chicks are useless in the current poultry industry which you support by buying KF Effing C."

If they havent left halfway through your speel, carry around a pic of a chick in a cage, or a pig on a hook still alive in a slaughter house... and show em, they'll f**k right off

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Eviecus

I like that rebuttal! I should memorise it! Whenever I lash into people like that though, even if I say it joking, they will tell me they were only messing and I should lighten up. :mad:

When people ask me why I'm a vegan or when they comment on vegetables having feelings too I like to say that's why I eat them. I actually hate vegetables and like to make them suffer, hear their little vegetabley screams while I chomp down on them....muahaha!!

Eviecus wrote: »
    When people ask me why I'm a vegan or when they comment on vegetables having feelings too I like to say that's why I eat them. I actually hate vegetables and like to make them suffer, hear their little vegetabley screams while I chomp down on them....muahaha!!

Have you ever heard a tomato scream, Clarisse?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

I just tell them something like
    "Yes a carrot was once alive, but life isn't what determines what I do and don't eat. Whether or not it was once conscious does"

Unless it's someone I don't know very well, and don't appreciate them being a smartarse, in which case it'll probably be a lot more aggressive.

I hate people like that "Vegetarianism is just stupid..." I already know you think that, cause if you didn't, you'd be one.

Have you ever heard a tomato scream, Clarisse?

Why yes, yes I have! They scream like a cucumber!

Why yes, yes I have! They scream like a cucumber!

Hmmm, not quite getting enough ....sadism...

Try this, in a slow transylvanian drawl,

"Fhy....yes. Vat .....sveet music day make"

You are a woman too? Thought you were a man! hehe. phic sounds manly!

As for the head question, I am used to hearing that one. Maybe tell them you only eat vegetarian sausage? Or to go away.
    :pac:
    Haha I always suspected it sounded manly!! How upsetting! Actually I always thought you were a man too so lets just move on amicably yes?

• Advertisement

Hmmm, not quite getting enough ....sadism...

Try this, in a slow transylvanian drawl,

"Fhy....yes. Vat .....sveet music day make"

Apologies, I'll get working on the sadism! I've not had enough practice!! I better go torture some veggies when I get home and slowly roast them in the oven while cackling and rubbing my hands together greedily! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Cushla

Thanks everyone..I'm new to boards but already gettin addicted! I'm glad its not just me versus stupid people. There's def some stuff to work with there. Dam, can't find da smilies.Must be one of the stupid people too - d'oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Collie147

I better go torture some veggies when I get home and slowly roast them in the oven while cackling and rubbing my hands together greedily! cool.gif

Better not be me you're talkin about

http://www.zazzle.co.uk/carrot_junkie_button-145318963278862549

Collie147 wrote: »

No I will roast some veggies with you!!....hang on that could still be seen as me cooking you with the veggies...me and you will cook the veggies together...neither me nor you will be in the oven with them.

mmm carrots.:pac:

Haha I always suspected it sounded manly!! How upsetting! Actually I always thought you were a man too so lets just move on amicably yes?

Thought I was a man, what an odd notion?
    >_>
    <_<

i see a few new posters have surfaced, welcome!
    As for carrots, I stuffed myself with them today hehe

Thought I was a man, what an odd notion?
    >_>
    <_<

ok never mind, just went on to the pictures thread, and realised my mistake!!
    you love it, i'm just confirming you're mysterious persona is working...or something, im quite tired!

Thank you for the welcome! :)

I had yummy roasted veg last night which included the said carrots.

Collie147's sister's dog (did I do that right?) is a vegetarian! He likes carrots too!:cool:

Oooh seems our new posters know each other in real life.
    The dog doesn't eat meat or is not given it? :)

Oooh seems our new posters know each other in real life.
    The dog doesn't eat meat or is not given it? :)

We are boyfriend and girlfriend! heheh I typed girlfiend first, that's a totally different thing altogether! :D

Her dog is not given meat. He always seems interested in people when they are eating chicken though! He sniffs around a lot. He's raised a vegetarian and he LOVES veggies, especially the green ones for some reason! Oh and I discovered yesterday he loves bran flakes too!

• Advertisement

We are boyfriend and girlfriend! heheh I typed girlfiend first, that's a totally different thing altogether! :D

Wooot! Veg*n couple. Welcome aboard. Now off with ye to the "Introduce yourself" thread, with a cute couple-y pic. :)

Advertisement