Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any church of ireland in Clare/Galway?

• 27-07-2009 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hello, Is there any church of ireland in Clare or Galway??? I moved in Gort, Co Galway.. And want find where is Church of Ireland. Also is there any national school pre school primary school for church of ireland or mixed religion school..

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hi Riverfilly,

There's definitely 1 in Ennis in Bank Place (close to the center of town) and 1 in Killaloe, I don't know about Gort. You can try here http://www.ireland.anglican.org/index.php?do=information.dioceses

All primary schools are now mixed religions, in fact they always were, I remember having Protestants and Jehovah Witnesses in my primary school (country school) ~20 years ago. Secondary schools is no problem either, I went to the Diosecian College (St. Flannan's) and again there were students from non-Roman Catholic religions there

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

I think the Educate Together school out the Gort Road in Ennis is non-denominational.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Claregirl wrote: »
    I think the Educate Together school out the Gort Road in Ennis is non-denominational.
    Is that not the Gael Scoil?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Educate Together school http://www.eetns.org/index.html

Think the Gael scoil is further out nearer to barefield??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Teadrinker

St Nicholas' Collegiate Church is right in the centre of Galway. You'll get all the info on
    http://www.stnicholas.ie/

There is also St Nicholas Parochial School, with the info at:
    www.stnicholasparochialschool.com

There's no Church of Ireland school in Ennis but the church and contacts are below:
    The Reverend Canon R C Hanna
    St
    Columba's Rectory
    Bindon Street
    Ennis
    Co Clare
    Tel/Fax: (065) 6820109

Some people from around your area send their kids to the fairly new
    Mol an Óige Steiner Primary School in Ennistymon
    http://www.steinerennistymon.org/

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Clareman wrote: »
    Is that not the Gael Scoil?
    Gaelscoil used to be where the Ennis Get Together is now but they moved into a new school building in the back of Glenina about 10 years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Greenacres

There is a COI church in Ardrahan. Would be a bit closer to you in Gort than Ennis or Galway.

riverfilly wrote: »
    Hello, Is there any church of ireland in Clare or Galway??? I moved in Gort, Co Galway.. And want find where is Church of Ireland. Also is there any national school pre school primary school for church of ireland or mixed religion school..

No need to shout by the way..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 riverfilly

No need to shout by the way..
    excuse me i am not shout...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

excuse me i am not shout...
    If everyone used large coloured font lettering the forum would soon become intolerable.

BTW whats the history behind that large messianic styled pyramid tomb in St Colombas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Teadrinker

If everyone used large coloured font lettering the forum would soon become intolerable.

BTW whats the history behind that large messianic styled pyramid tomb in St Colombas?

It's where they put intolerant people. And I hear tell it's not full........

Teadrinker wrote: »
    It's where they put intolerant people. And I hear tell it's not full........
    I thought it was that if you were bold you had to sit on it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 riverfilly

sorry i dont want start row in my quote. cqd started it.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭midgetflynn

There is a Church of Ireland church in Spanish Point, near Miltown Malbay though I'm not too sure what the deal is with it, like Mass times etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭seany2929

You started it by shouting in coloured writing!!!

Yes, sorry...i didn't mean to start anything..its just good forum etiquette not to type stuff you meant to be read at a normal level in massive bold letters..And at least you didn't use all caps lock..thats bad too..

Once again...wasn't trying to be rude or anything...just saying..

Advertisement