If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surround Speakers

• 27-07-2009 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade my speakers. Currently running 7.1 but happy to drop down to 5.1 for better speakers.

I'm thinking of the Kef KHT2005.3 or Kef KHT 3005 SE. If those aren't in stock I have a budget of around €800 to €900 max. Whatever you could recommend would be appreciated. :)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Some,

mmm nice setup!

Okay 5.1 setups:

2005.3 Silver - £499.95 (Short lead time)
    2005.3 Black - £589.95 (In-stock)
    3005SE - £969.95

As an alternative you could look at the excellent Alumni 5.1 from Mordaunt Short (in-stock in Black)http://www.mordauntshort.com/assets/documents/HomeCinemaChoiceJan08Alumnirvwlicensed.pdf which is really stylish and we can do at just £499.95 http://www.mordauntshort.com/ranges.php?RAID=13&Title=Alumni

Or best of all we can do the Monitor Audio R90HD10 (in stock in most finishes) system - see the review here at £1275 for just £899 on a Boardies special http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Monitor-Audio-R90-HD10/

Of course the MA 90HD10 is the cream of the crop here (it's expensive I know - but hey you do pay for quality!) and if you did want to make it a full 7.1 we can do this at an additional £174.95.

Thanks again for the opportunity to quote and please do drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 35 somedeed

Hi John thanks for getting back to me. After doing some research pretty certain I'll be going with the KEF3005SE. It will be a couple of weeks or so before I can order but I'll definitely be coming back here to order through you.

One more question, how much would delivery cost to Waterford be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭rman2727

Hi John,

Thanks for getting back to me on the other post with the price of the 47" wifi Philips TV. I'm currently looking at upgrading my front speakers in my surround sound setup. I currently have a Tannoy DCC centre speaker and Focal Sib surrounds and was looking at changing my front Focal surrounds to the Tannoy Highline 500's. Can you get these?, if so how much?

Thanks.

John,

Just another one, if you can't get the Tannoy Highlines, what price would you do 2no. silver Monitor Audio 250 for? as I can't wait for the upcoming open box sale!! Would you price match to Peter Tyson in the UK?
    http://www.petertyson.co.uk/ebuttonz/ebz_product_pages/monitor_audio_r250.shtml

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Advertisement

Rman,

Thanks for the post - I'll do my homework on the Tannoys today and revert!

Tyson!? Pah, no problem (actually there is a small problem :o - the Radius 250's they are selling are the old series - which we did clear at £79.95 each (u snooze u lose!) and we are now sold out of these)

On a one off basis - I could do the Radius 250HD at £139.95 each (http://www.petertyson.co.uk/ebuttonz/ebz_product_pages/monitor_audio_r250_hd.shtml Tyson are selling them at £250 each) - howevr please note this is a one off and we are losing our shirts at this!

just as an aside - the silver finish whilst great to match silver TV's is by far the weakest finish - the Radius HD series really does look sexiest in Piano Black or Piano white!

Keep me posted,

ATB

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for the quick reply John.

I'll take 2no piano white 250HD @ £139.95 each please. How much for delivery to Meath?

Pleasure as always doing business with you.

Ross.

John,

Just noticed that you did the Radius 250HD in Jan for €139 not £139, can you confirm the price?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055459795

Thanks

Any update on the prices John?

Hi John,

Throwing around ideas right now, how much for Monitor Audio Radius HD R270 HD10 AV? Would an Onkyo 605 be powerful enough to drive these speakers?

• Advertisement

rman2727 wrote: »
    John,

Just noticed that you did the Radius 250HD in Jan for €139 not £139, can you confirm the price?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055459795

Thanks

Rman,

apologies for the delay in getting back to you and unfortunately we have had a significant price rise from most of our UK suppliers since Christmas due to the currency turmoil - however as you know we H A T E to lose a Customer so I'm happy to split the difference with you - and do the Radius 250HD at £129 each...Fair??

Keep me posted..

ATB,

John Mc

somedeed wrote: »
    Hi John,

Throwing around ideas right now, how much for Monitor Audio Radius HD R270 HD10 AV? Would an Onkyo 605 be powerful enough to drive these speakers?

Somedeed,

Thanks for the post & sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

OK - yes a 605 would be well able to drive Radius 270HD (they are really sexy) and I can do these at just £499.95/ €599.99 - however I also have 3 pairs of Radius 270 Classics that I would clear at crazy money!

Pair 1- Beech is on display and probably a bit knocked around! - £199.95/ €239.99

Pair 2 is Rosewood (I think!) and are boxed as new - £249.95 / €299.99

Pair 3 are brand new - sitting in my office but unboxed and unused (they were samples) they are neautiful Piano Lacquer white (the nicest 270 colour) and I will do these at just £269.95 / €319.99

Hope some of those are of interest and please just drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc

johnmc wrote: »
    Rman,

apologies for the delay in getting back to you and unfortunately we have had a significant price rise from most of our UK suppliers since Christmas due to the currency turmoil - however as you know we H A T E to lose a Customer so I'm happy to split the difference with you - and do the Radius 250HD at £129 each...Fair??

Keep me posted..

ATB,

John Mc

Hi John,

£129 each is great!, I'll take two piano white radius 250hd for delivery to Meath, thanks again for all your help.

Ross

Hi John,

£129 each is great!, I'll take two piano white radius 250hd for delivery to Meath, thanks again for all your help.

Ross

Yeah Ross - £129.95 may be great for you but means no dog food for my poor puppy for the next month ;)

Anyone feeling sorry for me yet?

Ross drop me a PM with your contact details & I'll get the guys to call you tomorrow and get you sorted - thanks again.

ATB

John Mc

Any sign of the white radius 250hd being in stock yet John, was told when I ordered them last week that they would have to come from the uk so they should be in by now??

Hi John,

Thanks for the update.

Ross

Hi John,

Thanks for the update.

Ross

No problem Ross - as discussed I'll give you a shout tomorrow when I see them through the door personally (or else I'll have to get the white paint myself and attack some black ones) :p

ATB,

John Mc

Hi John,

I got bitten on a google search for the Monitor Audio RSW12 when I found the link offering it for €439! here on Boards.ie then realised that was for 1st April :p

I'm still thinking about the speakers but what would the cost be for the RWS12? Thanks.

somedeed wrote: »
    Hi John,

I got bitten on a google search for the Monitor Audio RSW12 when I found the link offering it for €439! here on Boards.ie then realised that was for 1st April :p

I'm still thinking about the speakers but what would the cost be for the RWS12? Thanks.

Ross,

I have one RSW12 in Video silver which I would do at €499.99 - it has only recently gone on display - but as usual everyone wants to see the piano black one so we are going to swap it over for a piano black one - so if you want to snaffle a bargain and help me lose my shirt - you can grab that one at €499.

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

Hi John,

I'll take it but you can keep your shirt it is coming into winter after all :D

Edit: Not sure what details you need from me but I've pm'd you my phone number

• Advertisement

Hi John,

Thanks for the RSW12 it's made my speakers sound so much better but I need new ones.

How much would it cost for

2 x Monitor Audio RHD270s
    1 x RHD225
    2 x RHD90s

If I were to swap the 2 x RHD90s for 2 x RHD 180s what difference would that make to the price?

Thanks John.

Hi John,

Just to let you know that the 250HD speakers are absolutely fantastic, the clarity and depth is far superior than the focal speakers I replaced, I'm hearing things in films that I never heard before and you were right about the piano white, very sexy. I might have to upgrade the rears and sub next!!! but will have to wait till later in the year, or see what comes up in the open box sale ;)

Anyway thanks again and I'm sure I'll be in contact soon.

Ross.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.