Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to buy Jameson Whiskey??

Options
  • 27-07-2009 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

I want to get a bottle of Jameson as a gift for somebody and was wondering does anybody know where is the best place to buy it or is it the same price everywhere?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Would be interested in that too, I love the stuff. Think it is fairly similar all round though, bit shy of 30e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

pretty much the same price everywhere, bar a euro or two in the differance.

Your best bet is to buy up north

I got 1L of jameson for 18 up north i think.. Same bottle here is about 38

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

wow 18 euros or 18 sterling??

I am in Dublin so its a bit away. I was hoping to get it by this evening!

I will defo take a trip there soon to get a bottle or two! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Johnee

O'Briens have the Jameson 12 year old for 28 down from 38 at the moment, which is a very good price for a decent quality whiskey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Glasgow Airport has two 700ml bottles of Jameson for £22.... em, yeah, nowhere in this country will you get it that cheap.

Thanks John, might grab a bottle mesel. Is that the Special Reserve do you know ?
    You'd think it'd be cheapest in the Old Distillery actually but they probablty up the prices to rip off the tourists make more money from the tourists and to pay for the tours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Johnee wrote: »
    O'Briens have the Jameson 12 year old for 28 down from 38 at the moment, which is a very good price for a decent quality whiskey.

Go for this you are only paying about 2 Euro more than normal Jameson and there is no comparison in taste. The recipient of the bottle should be very impressed. And yes it's the Special Reserve

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

It's dirt cheap in places like Portugal and Spain. I know that's no use to you. O'Brien's deal sounds good, though.

Advertisement