Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Slayer Song - Hate World Wide

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Giving Slayer a Grammy for anything from Christ Illusion was just symbolic. They deserved it 15 or 20 years ago, not now. It's not Slayers fault whoever decides who gets a Grammy had their head up their bum in the late 80's/early 90's but they end up looking stupid accepting it when theres far better bands around today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Den did u fall into my sticky satirical web? listen man u gotta understand. i don't know who of today's bands, but i'm sure they just exist for some producer to just polish old brass like everything else. this is a group of nigh-on 50yr old men ffs, one with gallstones for his efforts. Slayer fans are ignorant, once we get a good record from em we neither hear nor consider anything else. suddenly everyone else deserves to die, its a beautiful thing. you'll see it @ a typical show, some mid-thirties shorthair maniac with a shredded bloodstained wifebeater swinging arms/pulling hair causing young temp-fad entrenched occultist timotei heads to cower. you know they received that grammy for depicting a 1st person view of the futility of being a marine, culminating in him hanging himself? for me that slightly rescued the reputation of america. for a bunch of sport fans who don't even like metal bar Kerry's Judas Priest fixation, they simply slay the competition. the chemistry is second to none so i guess that's why it works so well. the punk influence makes em great n if that scares the fraternity then exit right. surely the definitive thrash band for eternity - besides the industry is too sanitized and well-oiled now, paths truly worn how could a new counterculture possible thrive.

.. -btw is 'Americon' a double-edged sword? slating their old label American i bet. brillliantly recorded - as the brass polishers excel in nowadays i guess.. but has fantastic tempo shifts whilst always retaining the speed/vitriol. there's 2-3 fillers however. and Playing w/ Dolls IS poor as the title suggests. enjoy it anyhow guys ;-

EDIT: scuse, the grammy was for Final Six. a B-side.. they wouldn't give it for the controversial one. nice it was nominated, but retain the status of utter cretins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Just gave it a quick listen there online, first impression, I like it, lookin' forward to gettin' my paws on it over the weekend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

You crazy kids need to get over the "selling out" bit. It's a band called Slayer who pry on the idea of satan and satanic imagery to "shock" people with their heavy music. Don't for a second think they're not marketing themselves.

I would much rather Slayer "sold out" if it meant I got to hear them push their talents more and stop making albums that all sound the same. Bar changing some tuning, tones and buying new effects pedals, every single song on the last 3 albums have been the same routine. It's annoying. At least Metallica, for all their failures, have tried to do something different with what they do.

I've seen them live a few times and it's always a good show, but that's one night in the course of a tour. I'd rather spend the rest of my time enjoying their new material, instead of relying on their old material to justify my enjoyment of them in the first place.

Nail on the head for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

check out this maniac's snuff video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-m-4EOn8Vs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Decent record on first listen, nothing earth shattering , more of the same with more tempo changes, Aray tries a few new voice effects too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Have listened to it (album) a few times over the last few days.I have to say first impressions are pretty meh and there arent any real standout tracks on it IMO.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Have listened to it (album) a few times over the last few days.I have to say first impressions are pretty meh and there arent any real standout tracks on it IMO.
    Likewise, an very average Slayer album in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

It's getting good reviews in the mags/web, I guess Slayer are like Ronseal.

Advertisement